Heldenzeit's Garage (New Italian!)

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 1,139 comments
Decided to remove the roof and go for a cruise by the coast.
1625498_10203244333257417_441331787_n.jpg

1017560_10203244342057637_774226188_n.jpg

1959581_10203244343697678_462561805_n.jpg

It looks cute, but it doesn't look like an MX-5. I don't like the bumper in the first picture, though. The chrome really throws me off. :ill:

Personally, I wouldn't, but it's your car, you do as you please. :P

I'm really torn on it. I love how unique it is, bit I don't feel it would work well with other aspects of the car. I also don't want to sell my fastback just to be able to pay for it.

The pitcrew front does look really nice but as Katie said, it doesn't look like a Miata anymore. Between the two I'd choose the Fastback, but it is a tough decision.

Not a fan of the Pitcrew front end. I can see where they were trying to go with it, but it ruins the proportions of the car and the headlights look way too low. Certainly isn't worth selling the fastback for.

Absolutely not - especially so if you'd need to get rid of the fastback. The fastback makes your MX5 look far more unique while also remaining proportionate.

I am also not a fan of that pitcrew front end. Looks like the car is trying to be a Cobra. The one with the chrome bumper looks borderline terrible IMO. But again, its your car.

You could however go with a 1 inch cowl hood or something like that. I think that would make a huge difference in the front of your car. A 1" cowl similar to the hood on the green / yellow pitcrew version.

You could however go with a 1 inch cowl hood or something like that. I think that would make a huge difference in the front of your car. A 1" cowl similar to the hood on the green / yellow pitcrew version.

I like that idea. Oddly enough there aren't very many hood options for Miatas. The one pictured is about $800 and no longer available.

I might be able to make something though kinda like this:

262_zps1ddf2b43.jpg

Thats too bad that other hood is discontinued. I like that Green yellow hood cowl a lot.

That's a very interesting place for a tow hook on the above pic. I would not put my tow hook there. :lol:

Last edited:
Thats too bad that other hood is discontinued. I like that Green yellow hood cowl a lot.

That's a very interesting place for a tow hook on the above pic. I would not put my tow hook there. :lol:

The tow hook is actually connected to the suspension upright. Easy to see the slack in the line I guess. The upright isn't nearly as strong as the chassis where mine are mounted however. That one is just for looks I think.

You would think. The OE hood is aluminum so most aftermarket hoods would have no performance benefit weight wise. If extra cooling is needed, just cut a few holes in it. :lol:

Kinda like this:
998552_519081511506303_517691660_n.jpg

The photoshop isn't that great. The white is just base fiberglass and looks awful in person so I'll need to get it painted at some point. Trying to see what the car looks like all white; might go that route.

The photoshop isn't that great. The white is just base fiberglass and looks awful in person so I'll need to get it painted at some point. Trying to see what the car looks like all white; might go that route.

White MX5s are so overdone though, your car is a rather unique colour 👍 Green/Blue MX5s always seem to be the ones that are kept stock to "Uphold the heritage"

Keep it as is, I'm not sure about the roof though. Maybe experiment with plastidip to see how it'd look in black? that's another popular option.

Frankly though, I'd say take it to a professional booth, get some paint matched up and paint it to match the body colour, the metallic fleck will really make it stand out!

Last edited:

Paint it white along with the hood, keep the rest how it is. Kind of like what Nissan/Datsun did with their 280ZX.

IMG_1991.jpg

Except that's silver and black, but you get the idea. Just a suggestion as well. I have no idea how good/bad it would look.

Looks much better white.
I'd paint it the body color. Leaving it white makes it look cheap and incomplete in my opinion.

As far as those weird looking Miata's up top, it looks like it's trying too hard to be a Cobra. And utterly fails.

Last edited:
Roof needs to be body color. No plastidip will ever touch this car, it always looks cheap.

I like the 280Z idea. Hmmmmmm.

Meant as a temporary measure to experiment with different colours 👍

Count me among the "body colour" lot too. I'd not go all-white, but leaving the top white does look a bit out of place.
As far as those weird looking Miata's up top, it looks like it's trying too hard to be a Cobra
Or, y'know, any other single sports car from the 1950s through to the 1970s with round headlights. Many of which don't have any connection to Ford whatsoever.

The cobra was a first thought but you are definitely right on.

Back