Heldenzeit's Garage (Endless Maintenance)

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 1,149 comments
Hopefully it found a good owner!
I'm not totally convinced yet...

On another note, the Subaru needs some improvements if it's going to be my only car for awhile. A/C needs service (compressor doesn't cycle), large dent in the passenger door that can't be removed, front shocks are worn, passenger mirror housing is cracked, and it needs new tires. Probably looking at $1200-1400 to buy what I want, estimating high for the AC repair.

Maybe I should look for a cleaner chassis or a different car altogether? Manual transmission preferred.

80672854_2325680234388580_2729320737285341184_n.jpg

That's a simple fix to a major problem. I do very much dislike the clutch switch in the Demio.
Although every time I drive my brothers WRX RA I leave it in gear and when he goes to start it it lurches forwards... :sly: He always leaves it in neutral. I have always leave cars in gear due to the dodgy handbrake system on the MR2.

Replaced the left front wheel bearing and changed the steering wheel to a much cleaner example. Also added a clutch interlock bypass switch.View attachment 886132 View attachment 886133
Forgive my ignorance, but do US Miatas not start without first depressing the clutch? Not a thing the UK models did.

Next question: Are you obliged to keep the airbag wheels in your state? It'd be the first thing I'd change...

Forgive my ignorance, but do US Miatas not start without first depressing the clutch? Not a thing the UK models did.

Next question: Are you obliged to keep the airbag wheels in your state? It'd be the first thing I'd change...
Yes, you must press the clutch.

I don't have to keep it, but this one was free.99.

That reminds me of how much I miss California weather. Keeps raining on my days off here in Eastern Tennessee, limiting top down driving. Also I still want an NA Miata lol...

Back