Heldenzeit's Garage (Endless Maintenance)

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 1,149 comments
Changed the horn button to a more race inspired unit by Daikei. Not sure if I'll leave it on; it kinda needs a more race inspired steering wheel made from suede.
13173643_10209393826550906_1754201279813454817_n.jpg

Seeing that orange example makes me wish Mazda offered the standard car in a few more shades. Mariner blue and some kind of bright yellow would be a good start.

Seeing that car also makes me want a few more laps in the Global Cup car.

Seeing that orange example makes me wish Mazda offered the standard car in a few more shades. Mariner blue and some kind of bright yellow would be a good start.

Seeing that car also makes me want a few more laps in the Global Cup car.
Me too. Imagine a Montego Blue RF in my driveway next to the NA haha.

Asking this because I ask it of everyone who fits a new seat in their Miata: How low does that seat drop you? From what I've seen so far the selection of aftermarket seats that sit you lower than the standard chairs can be counted on one hand. I've pretty much given up on anything that isn't originally designed for the Lotus Elise.

Asking this because I ask it of everyone who fits a new seat in their Miata: How low does that seat drop you? From what I've seen so far the selection of aftermarket seats that sit you lower than the standard chairs can be counted on one hand. I've pretty much given up on anything that isn't originally designed for the Lotus Elise.
It's not as low as the Elise seat, but pretty close if I remove the cushion. I had to hammer the trans tunnel to get this one in haha.

Elise seat isn't aggressive enough for me, nor does it have harness slots. Perfect for street only use though.

Yeah, the lack of harness slots is a slight concern for me, but I think I'm going to try the Elise seat thing for a while and on a few track days to see if I could live with that (aim with mine is probably 80/20 street/track). If it doesn't, I've had my eye on Corbeau's Elise replacement seats for a while, and several of those do come with harness slots.

Not surprised you had to hammer the tunnel either. Led to believe the stock seats are actually offset on the bottoms to account for that, and since regular aftermarket seats tend to be symmetrical it takes a bit of coercion to get them to fit. The other reason I like the idea of Elise seats is that they're tiny so seem to fit without any modification...

I highly recommend the Elise seats for street/light track use. Might need to bring the steering wheel closer depending on how tall you are though. They are almost too low!

I'm relatively short (somewhere around 5'9") and find the standard pews way too high (if the Elise ones sit me six inches lower I wouldn't consider it excessive), so I suspect they'd be fine.

I bet your Lexus could easily keep up with the F12 TdF in the straights ;p

Last edited:
Wish I was as cool as this guy.
13392957_10209659463071653_1407226932_n.png

On a side note. I'm hopefully going to Buttonwillow at the end of the month. I'm eager to try out the new seat setup.

Cali's car scene kicks the crap out of anything we have in the UK. I definitely need to move there one day.
For real. I put up with all the other BS here because the car scene is so good.

I ordered some wheels for the Lexus from Japan. Should be here Thursday.

Back