Help decide purchase Fanatec CSL vs Clubsport etc

• Thread starter EndoeONE
  • 9 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi,
Next week I'm planning on purchasing some gear from Fanatec.
Now there's basically two options I've gotten my choice down to.
CSL Elite F1 set which includes a CSL Elite PS4 Wheel and Service and includes CSL Elite 2 pedal set, if I grab this option I'll be also grabbing the LC brake for the pedals.

https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/racin...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet
https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedal...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet
What I like about this set is the F1 style rim, that's why I'm looking to grab this and it's cheaper than the other option.

Option 2 is buying CSL Elite P1 PS4 with wheel and Clubsport V3 pedals. What I like about this is the pedals, they look top notch and apparently perform as such.

https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/racin...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet
https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedal...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

I figure grabbing this I can always grab a formula wheel down the track and the pedals wouldn't be out of place if and when I can afford to grab a DD wheel.

What do you guys suggest? I seem to be changing my mind on a daily basis and would greatly appreciate some advice on why I should go one way or the other. Anyone with experience of both pedal sets, ultimately what this choice comes down to,CSL Elite pedals with F1 rim vs Clubsport V3 pedals with standard rim.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your responses.

Any possibility of just holding off till you can afford something like their DD1? My personal opinion only - I don't think the CSL Elite PS4 is good value compared to the vastly more expensive DD1 that is coming out. I only suggest this because you are already looking ahead to the possibility of getting a direct drive wheel.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but me getting a DD wheel is 6months away.I currently have a Logitech G27, and the Fanatec geatim looking at grabbing is a massive step up from that.I want to make sure I use it regularly before going the DD route because it's a lot of money.So for now my options are the ones listed.The Clubsport pedals wouldn't be out of place with DD wheel, I'm leaning towards that being the purchase, then when I can in a couple of months maximum, grab a F1 style rim.Ive seen reviews where they say the CSL Elite pedals are in ways on par with the Clubsport V3 pedals, but the V3s look the part and seem to be slightly higher end.Anyone with feedback on either option is greatly appreciated,it's a tough decision.

OK. Well I can't give you feedback on the pedals (I am using Logitech G25 with hall sensors and GTEye springs and they are great) but I still think that CSL Elite is going to be the weak link in the chain. You could spend more to get the Clubsport V 2.5 and then spend less elsewhere and just get the standard CSL Elite pedals without the load cell at first. That Clubsport 2.5 is in my experience far better value than the CSL Elite and the mechanisms are a world apart in quality.

Im going to grab the CSL Elite wheel with the Clubsport V3 pedals, then in a few weeks grab a f1 style rim.Then in 6 months if I use all this stuff regularly ill then get a DD1 or similarly priced DD wheel.Makes sense since ill have everything up to standard ready for a DD wheel

No none of this makes sense.

You have a G27, plan to upgrade to DD in 6 months, but need to buy a CSL to make sure you're going to use it?

Just use your G27 for 6 more months.

I also agree. It doesnt make sense to buy CSL now and DD 6 months later. Although Fanatec gear retain value pretty well. It doesnt retain value THAT well.

If I keep my G27 ill miss out on using high quality pedals and I want to use it on Ps4 and while gimx is great, the plug n play of a new wheel will be worth it, ultimately if i find its worth getting a DD in the future, ill only be selling the wheel hase, everything else ill be keeping, its the best way forward for me.Upgrading bit by bit assuming im using it regularly which i anticipate i will, the wheel rim and pedals will be compatible wirh a DD wheel from Fanatec.

You can buy clubsport v3 pedals and a logitech adapter or plug it in with the usb and then upgrade to DD if you see it is worth it.

Back