Help Identifying A Snes Game

Max Powers

(Banned)
XBL: MelBlount
MelBlount
Ok, this might be a little vauge, but I remember playing this one SNES game at my friend's house
You were like in this spaceship thing with all these cool guns and stuff. I remember there was an overhead view you had and when you killed other bad guy spaceships they'd drop powerups that gave you better stuff for your guns and plane and stuff

Sorry, it's a little general but I'd really appreciate any tips anybody has on the name of this game...

It sound like "Raptor" for the PC. I'm sure it probably uses the same "game engine".
There are about 5 or 6 games that use this engine.
One uses new planes, one uses WWII planes, one uses spaceships, etc.

sounds like gradius iii, although gradius iii is a side view game.

pic

Attachments

• gradius3b.jpg
    gradius3b.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 73
hmm...R-Type sounds familiar, that very well could be it...I'll look into that game thanks for the help

Does it not show the name at the opening screen of the game?
Or is it a authentic Japanese game?

Then, if I may be so bold, why the interest all of a sudden?
Do you have an Snes and are you trying to round out your collection?

Could it be StarFox? That may sound stupid, but I havn't played that game in many MANY years, so I don't remember what that game looks like any more

Originally posted by Gil
Then, if I may be so bold, why the interest all of a sudden?
Do you have an Snes and are you trying to round out your collection?

Yes, actually I recently purchased a SNES off of ebay, and I'm trying to get all the classics

so far I've got:
Mario All Stars
Mario World
Super Punchout
Contra III
Street Fighter II Turbo
F-Zero
Starfox
NBA JAM TE
Mortal Kombat II
Donkey Kong Country

Due to lack of funds (car being bought) I only have money to add 1 more game to the collection for now, and I"m hoping to get this game, and risingson, both of those games look close, I'm gonna check them out and see if either is right

As the funds come in, check the pawn shops, and "junk" dealers.
I have found many treasures in this way.
Good Luck!!

I figured out that the game was indeed Axelay, I have bought it on Ebay for 10 bucks...thanks for everybody's help :)

I would...I would especially love to havve CT, but I just don't have enough $...all those games go for a lot on ebay

you can get CT for the PS1 and it has some Anime FMv too. It loads slower though...
Or you could get an SNES emulator and the rom image and play it on the PC. ;)

Originally posted by SublimeDood10
Ok, this might be a little vauge, but I remember playing this one SNES game at my friend's house
You were like in this spaceship thing with all these cool guns and stuff. I remember there was an overhead view you had and when you killed other bad guy spaceships they'd drop powerups that gave you better stuff for your guns and plane and stuff

Sorry, it's a little general but I'd really appreciate any tips anybody has on the name of this game...

theres nuff games like that. its way to vague for me

Latest Posts

Back