Help! Stuck!

• Thread starter Mediaman
  • 8 comments
I have had GTA3 for a while now (got it the week it came out in the UK) and I am very stuck.
Any mission that involves shooting I am very bad at, Is there any way to 'skip' missions but continue to move the plot.

I the first 'Shooting' mission I have come across is the Farewell 'Chunky' Lee Chong mission. I just end up getting 'wasted' by the Triads every time.

i.e. I am still stuck on the first island. I have done all the jobs for the guy in the Dog food factory.

I have been collecting the packages, but there are some I don't know how to get to: a. The one on the roof of the petrol station? Tried climbing on the roof's of various cars all are to low. B. the one on the roof of Liberty Pharmacueticals (opposite the 'bichin' dog food factory? Same problem, I can't see any way on to the roof?

For all those shooting missions I just run them over, I'm on the 3rd island so far and running them over is good, you could try drive by shootings, holding L2 or R2 and hold circle to fire the uzi out the window.

Originally posted by Mediaman
I have had GTA3 for a while now (got it the week it came out in the UK) and I am very stuck.
Any mission that involves shooting I am very bad at, Is there any way to 'skip' missions but continue to move the plot.

I the first 'Shooting' mission I have come across is the Farewell 'Chunky' Lee Chong mission. I just end up getting 'wasted' by the Triads every time.

i.e. I am still stuck on the first island. I have done all the jobs for the guy in the Dog food factory.

GET A GOOD WEAPON , MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FULL LIFE(DO THE PROSTITUTE TRICK) AND CHASE THE LITTLE B*STARD DOWN, DONT WORRY ABOUT HIS HENCHMEN!

The way I did this was:
- there are two station wagons parked at two of the three ends of the mall - wreck them, and don't leave any cars near the exits of the mall
- make sure you've got the shotgun and the uzi
- hide yourself near one of the corners of the mall - the two guards opposite Chunky are armed but the two next to him have just got baseball bats - position yourself so you can see the nearest guard but he can't see you
- aim at him with the Uzi and take him out
- the others will come running - switch to shotgun and use R1 to aim at the nearest guy - one blast = one dead guy
- from there chase Chunky down - he will get in a car but you've bought some extra time. Wreck his car and run him down like the dog he is

Re - access to rooftops. Have you completed the jump onto the elevated traintracks - there's a ramp on the subway entrance in the redlight district that when taken at speed will get you onto the railway (there's also a thingie to reduce your wanted level, so it's a handy one if the cops are bugging you) - you can access a lot of rooftops from there...as well as crash into the train...

Re - access to rooftops. Have you completed the jump onto the elevated traintracks - there's a ramp on the subway entrance in the redlight district that when taken at speed will get you onto the railway (there's also a thingie to reduce your wanted level, so it's a handy one if the cops are bugging you) - you can access a lot of rooftops from there...as well as crash into the train...

..or if ur like me, youll take the easy option and just walk (or drive) down the tracks. You dont get electrocuted. Make sure you're on the rail w/out the train though!

May I suggest getting the guide? It will really help you out anyway possible. It'll tell where the packages are and how to get them. Plus it will also tell you how to do each mission.

Originally posted by danpollard

..or if ur like me, youll take the easy option and just walk (or drive) down the tracks. You dont get electrocuted. Make sure you're on the rail w/out the train though!

Ah - it's more fun driving on the tracks than walking - no cops or traffic - just like driving in the subway - great clear run - just watch for the train.

Originally posted by danpollard
i like to chase the train with a cop car - or race it in something that isnt too fast (gives a challenge)

I like parking vehicles in front of the train then watch the train hit it and/or hitting down the tracks.

Back