help with toyota gtone?

• Thread starter -alex-
  • 10 comments
Hi, Can someone please post a picture of a toyota gtone tso2o`s power curve??
I need it for a mod i am helping with for gtr-2.
And some pictures of the wheels?
The power curve is more needed:) thanks!!

Hmmm. Well I might have the power curve of the TSO20 in GT2 but I wont be able to get an image up till maybe tomorrow.

Don't you HATE that you can't see power & torque graphs in GT3 by the way? It was my biggest peeve about the game when I first started playing.

Last edited:
Oh, right, thanks, its been ages scince i played any gt game, and couldnt find a copy anywhere. I couldnt remember wether it was 2,3,or 4 that had them:)
Does gt4 have them?
If so could you please post pictures of both??
You would be doing me, and whoever is helping with the mod, a hole world of good!!:)

I don't know the power curve, but you would want to redline each shift everytime for max performance, after showing how much faster it is on the 0-1000M when redlining shifts, than it is to shift normally. Trust me.

Edit: Works for like 75% of the cars, the rest can do well without this. Example: Don't do this with a Lister Storm, Mini Cooper 1.3i, or Skyline JGTC.

I don't know the power curve, but you would want to redline each shift everytime for max performance, after showing how much faster it is on the 0-1000M when redlining shifts, than it is to shift normally. Trust me.

Now drive the Loctite Zexel Skyline GT-R.

Then try again, but shift at 5,200.

Trust me.

Not that this helps the original enquiry in any way...

Oh, right, thanks, its been ages scince i played any gt game, and couldnt find a copy anywhere. I couldnt remember wether it was 2,3,or 4 that had them:)
Does gt4 have them?
If so could you please post pictures of both??
You would be doing me, and whoever is helping with the mod, a hole world of good!!:)

GT4 has them, but they're not as detailed as they are in GT2 oddly. Like there's a graph but no numbers.

Last edited:
Now drive the Loctite Zexel Skyline GT-R.

Then try again, but shift at 5,200.

Trust me.
Now that is odd. It is turbo, it is a Skyline, it is Japanese, normally that means shifting in the higher RPM's will benefit. This is a completely different story here. I would expect the average rally car to benefit from shifting early, especially at 5,200RPM, not a Japanese Race Car with Turbo. :crazy: Adding a Stage 4 Turbo doesn't change the shape of the power curve too much, but of course, increases power dramatically.

The Toyota GT-One is different, and doesn't have a Turbo Diesel-like power curve. :)

Oh, in that case, gt2 should do fine:)
Thanks So much for the help:)

Correction: GT4 has graphs & some numbers, but the graph has no grid and the power curve lines are therefore not plotted out coherently. You have to guess where max power is (looks like about 6,500 rpm) know what I mean?

Then again, max torque & power rpms don't vary in GT4 like they do in all the other games. In other words, if you have a Miata and it starts off with 118 bhp@6,500 rpm, you'll notice it always peaks power at 6,500 rpms no matter what parts you add. It'll always be 118@6,500...153@6,500.....236@6,500.

Now in GT1 thru 3, the peak rpms change with power-upgrades. Usually, they'll get higher: 118@6,500....153@6,600....236@6,700 and so on.

Hope that makes sense. Sorry I haven't got any Toyota TSO20 power graphs up...turns out I don't have that car saved in GT2...I think I sold it! :lol:

Last edited:
Ok, thats fine, I have a program where you draw the power curve on basicle, and it will come up with a engine file for the game (gtr-2) Again , thanks SO much:)

Back