(Banned)
United Kingdom
UK
CORRUPTED_DISC
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

1451 HP Hennessey Venom GT
Leading the pack will be Hennessey's flagship hypercar, the Venom GT now boasting a maximum power output of 1451 bhp @ 7200 rpm, a gain of 207 bhp over the previous generation Venom which clocked a top speed of 270.4 mph at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida in 2014. Horsepower and torque are increased thanks to having the ability to run E85 Flexfuel which allows its 7.0L twin turbo V-8 engine to increase boost pressure from 19 psi to 26 psi.

"Being the fastest matters", said company founder and president, John Hennessey. "We are intent on keeping the Venom as the fastest, best performing and most exciting hypercar on the road".

Sticky Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires will put the Venom's power to the ground via GPS-based traction control system. Combined with a curb weight of just 2743 lbs (1244 kg) the Venom GT continues to offer an unmatched power to weight ratio.

Projected performance:

0-60 mph: 2.4 sec.
0-100 mph: 4.4 sec.
0-200 mph: 12.8 sec.
¼ mile: 9.4 sec. @ 167 mph

0-300 kph: 10.9 sec.
0-400 kph: 18.1 sec.

Top Speed: 280+ mph

"We only plan to produce a handful of Venom GT's in 2016 as we are also preparing for our next evolution, the Venom F5", said Hennessey. "We plan to demonstrate our improved power and performance both in terms of straight line acceleration as well as road course handling and lap time performance" - From Hennessey's official news letter.

Yikes what a ugly looking car :crazy: always found the lotus elise ugly and this being a mirror image of that car is not helping the cost

But i will vote for IT only cause The more the merrier :)

Horsepower isn't everything.

I'm pretty sure the One:1 would demolish this in the corners.
Except this not only has more power, but is also lighter. Maybe the ONE:1's aerodynamics would help it but I still think this 2016 Henessey would beat it on a track.

Except this not only has more power, but is also lighter. Maybe the ONE:1's aerodynamics would help it but I still think this 2016 Henessey would beat it on a track.

To be honest, I've never seen a Venom GT on a track, but apparently, they are hard to drive. Plus, it doesn't look like it generates that much downforce, compared to the One:1.

I think this is faster. The ONE:1 weighs 1400KG and has 1400HP. This weighs 1244KG and has 1450HP.

Because it has less weight and more horsepower? Sure if we want to be the most basic of basic that might work, but considering The ONE's electronic to help move it as well, and it probably gets to speed better than that of the more crude Venom. The aero work done as well. Basically the sophistication of one out does the other. Also what is the Venom faster in? There are multiple measures of how fast something is. Straight line, around a track, from a rolling start, from a standing?

Another thing;

The One:1 is RWD, has a stupid amount of horsepower, and a ridiculous amount of torque, yet can 'only' get to 60 in about 2.8 seconds because they didn't want to compromise grip and whatnot.

So how can the Venom GT beat that 0-60 time when it has even more power (and possibly torque) and is also RWD? Wouldn't the tires just spin into infinity?

I don't know, maybe I'm looking too far into this...

Another thing;

The One:1 is RWD, has a stupid amount of horsepower, and a ridiculous amount of torque, yet can 'only' get to 60 in about 2.8 seconds because they didn't want to compromise grip and whatnot.

So how can the Venom GT beat that 0-60 time when it has even more power (and possibly torque) and is also RWD? Wouldn't the tires just spin into infinity?

I don't know, maybe I'm looking too far into this...

Depends how much power you use on launch, and how your gears are set up. The SSC Ultimate Aero for instance, does 0-60 in around 15 seconds if you simply floor it off the line, but if you hold off a little, the mid-range and especially top-end punch more than makes up for it.

As an example, my favourite motorcycle - the MTT Y2K is unremarkable for low-end acceleration due to its gas turbine powerband and gearing, but it is still faster than any of the cars in this thread from 0 to 200 mph (~12 seconds) because of its mid-range and top-end pulling power. Hennessey doesn't seem to care that much about 0-60. It's the 0-200 etc which matters more to these kind of manufacturers.

Depends how much power you use on launch, and how your gears are set up. The SSC Ultimate Aero for instance, does 0-60 in around 15 seconds if you simply floor it off the line, but if you hold off a little, the mid-range and especially top-end punch more than makes up for it.

As an example, my favourite motorcycle - the MTT Y2K is unremarkable for low-end acceleration due to its gas turbine powerband and gearing, but it is still faster than any of the cars in this thread from 0 to 200 mph (~12 seconds) because of its mid-range and top-end pulling power. Hennessey doesn't seem to care that much about 0-60. It's the 0-200 etc which matters more to these kind of manufacturers.
Wow, that is really slow, even slower than a Renault Clio.

Wow, that is really slow, even slower than a Renault Clio.

Indeed. :D there are probably plenty of other supercars which would post similar times if they were as honest about it as SSC. Incidentally, the Aero can still hit 60 in circa 2.9 seconds if you hold off the throttle a bit.

Back