Here is the video from IGN insider with the 3d crowds

• Thread starter dayboy2k1
  • 25 comments
They certainley arn't like that pic CobraGT thinks is real.

at the 18-19 second part you realise that the people dont run on the dirt they float towards the edge of the track with their feet and legs just swinging.....it doesnt look natural

It will be improved before the game is released I'm sure.

Darn, my media player doesn't support a zip file, could anyone point me toward a site were a could download the format?

Originally posted by live4speed
It will be improved before the game is released I'm sure.

Darn hope so.....all this time i been waitin for animated 3d crowds and this is what PD give me.....i want better:mad: otherwise i'll have to go to PD HQ nd give them a list of things the players really want rather than a Break Square on the driving school menu!

They look like 2D animated sprites to me, I don't think they are 3D.

Even so, they look very good, atleast for driving past em @ 90mph :)

I think the crowd looks great so far, and it's definetly better than any other racing crowd (even surpassing Rallisport Challenge).

well the crowd on the side of the track are deff 2d and the people running off the track are well just to hard to tell, 2d would make sense tho but i doubt it, i think if PD was to make people run off like that they'll atleast make them 3d but then again if your driving that fast i doubt you'd actually tell the difference lol until we get a clearer video, im sorry but screen shots are very very desiving (if i spelled that right) I also see alot of people talking about oh it cant be an intro video its too soon, well if GT4 was supposed to be out in December and all there fixing now is really the online part, all these pitcrew screens and 3d crowd could possibly and most likely are part of the intro video or credits video IMO..

Thanks for the vid, stupid IGN isn't letting me download any of the insider feature videos ATM (dunno what I pay for :rolleyes: )

I will try my best to actually hit a spectator.

Stupid people jumping in front of a moving rally car and trying to run away.... They asked for it!

I like how it looks though, even if they are 2D, I am satisfied. The crowd always needed movement and not just them standing there looking stupid.

Well, once upon a time in my country a group of spectators actually tried to dodge a rs 200 group b rally car but... they couldn't. that was one of the reasons why group bs were banned.

lol yea but i think the people will get out of the way before you could even reach them, but yea if you do "hit" them you'll proably just go threw them, but like someone else said I dont care if there 3d or 2d cuz aslong as they could move thats all that matters :)

Back