heres a thought...

• Thread starter ZAGGIN
  • 6 comments
heres a thought...

those tantilising gran turismo 5 images rock! un-bloody-believeable, thats all i can say! whilst i was admiring the images, a thought crossed my mind. remember how gt4 prologue was a pre-version of gt4, what if gt4 was a pre-version of gt5? think about it. what if the game had been designed for the playstation 5, but was 'thinned out' for the play ps2? it would explain somethings that were poorly implimented, or just didnt seem correct or even other things (like online play) that were dropped at the last minute. i know it sounds far out, but if you remember when gt3 came out, it seemed like a step back in progress (in regard to car and track compliment) compared to gt2.
it took 3 games across two generations of systems to get to gt4. gt3, gtc, and gt4p, were never true sequels, to me they felt like add-ons or enhancements. imo gt4 is the true sequel to gt2. its the only game to move the series forward. well if it works like that with the ps3, we coul be waiting another 5 years for a true sequel to gt4.
personally i dont relish the idea of sitting on the edge of my seat close to mental exhaustion from all the over hype and 'intentional' delays. trust me, people will die waiting for this game to be released! regimes will change, freedom and liberty will be spread to all four corners of the globe, and sony will be talking about the forthcoming release of the psp2 - thats how long it will be! besides, no developer ever hits the floor running when a next generation console is released. it takes time to get used to creating games for that system. proof of this is with the slow progress from gt3 to gt4.
imo KY realised this. spurned on by the greatness of gt4, KY feared the thought of taking a step back, and releasing a game that was inferior to gt4. gran turismo 5 will be an awe inspiring game, be in no doubt, but to be able to create a game of that calibre, PD and KY are going to need to know the ps3 inside out. even with the incredible processing power of the ps3, there is still going to have to be an understanding of the machine.
gt4 has become one of the gaming worlds most delayed and hyped games. well, what if the delays where not because PD were trying to squeeze every ounce of power from the ps2, but because they were trying to squeeze a game designed for a next generation console onto the ps2? think about it.

ZAGGIN
...well, what if the delays were not because PD were trying to squeeze every ounce of power from the ps2, but because they were trying to squeeze a game designed for a next generation console onto the ps2?...

Seems more likely that they tried to do too much with the PS/2 platform in GT4 and paid the price in long delays and a glitchy, bug-ridden product. We'll see what happens, but I can't see how Sony could release the PS/3 without a Gran Turismo game for it being available simultaneously. For all we know, PD has had their best people working on GT5 while a "second string" of sorts struggled to get GT4 working. We may all be playing a sort of interim, stop-gap game, for all we know. It sure feels like it at times, doesn't it?

The stakes are getting really high now for Sony and Microsoft. Both have to make huge splashes right out of the gate with their new platforms. They can't release either of them without a full lineup of games.

Gran Turismo for the PS/3 ain't that far away, folks.

ZAGGIN I think that to, but not exactly all of it. I think that they did GT4 with GT5 in mind, that’s why there is a photo mode in GT4 to utilize the hi polly models that will be in GT5 and since the PS3 will be so much more powerful and have more memory the difference between GT4 and GT5 will be hi-res textures (for tracks and cars), even greater than the photo mode ones, better AI, more complete physics model and damage. Other thinks would be the return of the photo mode with even better textures (hi enough to zoom the logo of the car to fit the screen), a online mode, a better b-spec mode, skid marks, and if there is spare time double the number of cars and tracks :D.

For all we know, PD has had their best people working on GT5 while a "second string" of sorts struggled to get GT4 working

It does seem rather suspicious that GT4 has just been released, and they are already showing screenies of GT5. If they had focused all their efforts on GT4, surely that wouldnt be the case.

To me the screns they are showing dont look like a next gen game though. it looks like GT4. it's all cars and tracks from GT4 but they've added to it. We see GT4's nurburgring with 20 cars on track. We see GT4's super speedway with full pit crews and 30 people milling around behind the wall. We see miscelanious other GT4 tracks with more 3D spectators. The vids sound better. lots of little stuff like that, but as a whole it still feels like GT4. Kazunori's ultimate VISION for GT4. what they wanted to do, but couldn't because of the limitations of the PS2. They had to get GT4 out. It had to be "GT4" at least in title. No "hold me over" game would have cut it. This Vision GT, GT5 prolouge, GT online or whatever they want to call it, (if this makes it to our PS3's) will, for me be the true GT4, and serve as a debut GT title for the PS3.

Mike Rotch
It does seem rather suspicious that GT4 has just been released, and they are already showing screenies of GT5. If they had focused all their efforts on GT4, surely that wouldnt be the case.

That's the problem, people are thinking that this demo that was made to show the huge power of the PS3 over the PS2 is the GT5.

I think youve basically nailed it there, the main things we want out of GT5 are more cars on track and better AI and some graphical tweeks wont go a miss, we know they already have HI POLY cars, adn tracks, so that leaves with really some minor tweeking in relative terms, they should not have to do a total rewrite, but who knows we may see something over the next few months, the idea of racing 18 or so other GT cars around the ring id just awsome, and some improved sound wouldnt go amiss, i downloaded a vid, of a TVR speed 12 the other day, and the sound of the engine was incredible, allas on GT4 it aint............

Its all good fun though :-)

Weve been given the nod adn now its time to start saving,,,,, god save us from another versionof Ridge Racer LOL

G25RJ
That's the problem, people are thinking that this demo that was made to show the huge power of the PS3 over the PS2 is the GT5.

Latest Posts

Back