Here's How Many Hours the Top GT Sport FIA Competitors Play the Game

Most current spreadsheets updated as of two days ago!

If you'd like to calculate your own time driven per day, you can go to KudosPrime to enter in your PSN, then use the following formula...
  • Time driven to nearest whole day
  • 24 = hours
  • 610 = days since GT Sport release
Time Driven x 24 ÷ 610 = Average Hours Driven Per Day

Attachments

• 869FE6A0-2ADF-4A5E-A846-710549172504.jpeg
    869FE6A0-2ADF-4A5E-A846-710549172504.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 608C747C-5378-47E3-989E-3C7C1E5F3457.jpeg
    608C747C-5378-47E3-989E-3C7C1E5F3457.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 5DF27189-686E-44F8-96D8-4EE2E810780F.jpeg
    5DF27189-686E-44F8-96D8-4EE2E810780F.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 25802920-42D8-4B08-A833-ECE8BF73948A.jpeg
    25802920-42D8-4B08-A833-ECE8BF73948A.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DF51C06D-5C83-4DC6-991B-AAD0B5D6D9BE.jpeg
    DF51C06D-5C83-4DC6-991B-AAD0B5D6D9BE.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Its worth mentioning these stats can be extremely buggy in my experience, I have significantly more hours driven than hours played, which makes absolutely zero sense :lol:
I've driven in this game 77 hours more than I've played apparently :confused:

Skynet GT Sport is learning when you're AFK, er, AFW?

So 30 hours a week ballpark for most of them. That makes sense. Decades ago in the early days of cpl on counter-strike I was pushing that much. Takes a lot of sacrifice to be pro level. I miss those days, Eports has come a long way. Not just an obscure daytime event on TechTV anymore.

I'd say these numbers are fairly accurate for myself, but then again I'm not usually AFK when I have it on. I used time driven for these stats which I hope/expect to be the most accurate. I'm sure there are some outliers in there as we don't know exactly how they are calculating the times to include downtime or strictly drive time.

That sounds about right.

I often get about an hour in during my morning break and then maybe an hour later in the day. If I'm doing laundry and my girlfriend is off doing her own thing, I can spend all night playing (easily 4-5 hours)

Time Driven != Time Played
What about the elastic band trick to get credits on the fake Bristol oval track

As do many of these players. Some work full time, some are full-time students - my own game time would rank 47th if I were in the 50-player cohort, and I have 60h weeks with quite some frequency (although for me, Gran Turismo can class as work too :D )

Full time student I remember 10 hours a week at uni

Last edited by a moderator:
Most current spreadsheets updated as of two days ago!

If you'd like to calculate your own time driven per day, you can go to KudosPrime to enter in your PSN, then use the following formula...
  • Time driven to nearest whole day
  • 24 = hours
  • 610 = days since GT Sport release
Time Driven x 24 ÷ 610 = Average Hours Driven Per Day
Result 2h30mn per day for me. Seems right :scared:

The one specifically mentioned in the article? What about it?

That definitely depends on your era (and "uni") and course.

I think a large percentage of these stats is just that elastic band time Definitely can’t see anyone playing gt sport for 9 hrs a day It would take its toll health wise over such a long period of time.

Interesting info. A good guitar player once told me that playing the guitar is something virtually anyone can do, but doing it well requires consistent almost daily practice. I find sim-racing to be similar in this way. Most anyone can do it, but improving your times to the best of your natural ability requires consistent practice, and most importantly "smart" practice (good technique, proper lines, etc). And, of course, it goes without saying that natural ability also plays a part and is what separates the cream at the very top from those of us that roam around the A/B ranks. :)

I'm curious if there is room for girl friends, partners or friends in somebody's life if they are 4hrs/day on the game, next to being a fulltime student or professional.
I know I could not fit that in.
I guess I'm asking, how much of a life is there left outside?

mef
I'm curious if there is room for girl friends, partners or friends in somebody's life if they are 4hrs/day on the game, next to being a fulltime student or professional.
I know I could not fit that in.
I guess I'm asking, how much of a life is there left outside?

If your at uni I doubt it’s much different than playing varsity sport to a high level couple of hours a day no probs

If I just did 1 hour a day I'd be much better but I get busy and sidetracked with other stuff. Usually when they put up an event, or a daily race with the open wheel cars I do 1 hour a day at least. I know it might be a while before I get to race the car so I try to savor it since PD seems to hate variety so much.

If I just did 1 hour a day I'd be much better but I get busy and sidetracked with other stuff. Usually when they put up an event, or a daily race with the open wheel cars I do 1 hour a day at least. I know it might be a while before I get to race the car so I try to savor it since PD seems to hate variety so much.

If you only play when there’s an open wheel event then who’s really the one that doesn’t like variety. ;) :cheers:

Back