Hey guys new to pitting and tire wear and all that. I can't seem to find the pit at spa Francorchamps.

• Thread starter Lee4337
  • 10 comments
Where is the pit on Circuit De Spa - Francorchamps? I'm going where I think it is and it's blocked on the million dollar race there for the manufacturer's cup, just after the sharpest turn? My tires are definitely wearing?
I pretty sure its as soon as you come round to the main straight from the last chicane it will be right in front of you to the left a bit before you come onto the main straight.

Where is the pit on Circuit De Spa - Francorchamps? I'm going where I think it is and it's blocked on the million dollar race there for the manufacturer's cup, just after the sharpest turn? My tires are definitely wearing?
Also if anyone knows... is there a certain amount of laps required if you have a required tire change. The first Spa race I changed too soon and completely lost control on the wet roads. So next time I waited until last lap and still got the penalty.

Also if anyone knows... is there a certain amount of laps required if you have a required tire change. The first Spa race I changed too soon and completely lost control on the wet roads. So next time I waited until last lap and still got the penalty.
Not sure what exactly you're asking, but the weather isn't the same every time you enter the event, however if you get caught out and restart the race the weather will be the same pattern as it was previousely, so if it started to rain on lap 4, it iwll again, as long as you don't fully exit out of the event. Don't know what penalty you are referring to, the time penalties are for going off the track, cutting corners etc. If you cross the pit line when you enter the pits you can get a penalty, you need to enter the pit lane without crossing the line into it.

Last edited:
Not sure what exactly you're asking, but the weather isn't the same every time you enter the event, however if you get caught out and restart the race the weather will be the same pattern as it was previousely, so if it started to rain on lap 4, it iwll again, as long as you don't fully exit out of the event. Don't know what penalty you are referring to, the time penalties are for going off the track, cutting corners etc. If you cross the pit line when you enter the pits you can get a penalty, you need to enter the pit lane without crossing the line into it.
I'm getting a penalty for "not using the required HR tire"

The first race I switched too soon and did not get the penalty so my strategy going into 2nd race was to wait as long as possible because of the wet roads.

Last edited by a moderator:

The first race I switched too soon and did not get the penalty so my strategy going into 2nd race was to wait as long as possible because of the wet roads.
Wait until the end of lap 6, and run the fuel mapping at 3/4. Alternatively it can be done without pitting with the BRZ. Just Use FM6 the entire race and you'll take 1st when 1st/2nd pit after lap 8 or 9. Your tires will be totally gone if going this route but you'll have a 25sec+ lead to tip-toe around the corners.

Oh, and I total forgot where the pit was myself so don't feel bad! Can't remember how long its been since I've done a race at Spa where I needed to pit... Hence why I found out you can run the whole race on 1 set of tires/1 tank of fuel. Wasn't until I watched the replay that I saw other cars pitting and realized we weren't meant to do it all without pitting, lol

Last edited:

There's no required tyre in this event. You can use any tyre for as long as you want to.

Back