HEY YOU!!! New to the WRS? Introduce yourself!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 716 comments

CFM

New to the WRS? Just wanna tell everyone your A/S/L???:dopey: Introduce yourself and say hi the the WRS community.👍

Hey everyone,

Steve here (a/k/a VacekS). Just wanted to take a moment to formally introduce myself. This is my 3rd week in the WRS. Currently in Div. 3 using the DS2.

Living in Houston, Texas, I'm 36 and married, with one very adorable 11 month old little girl. Trying to participate as much as I can in the WRS for the next few months while my wife and daughter are visiting her parents in Russia for the summer.

I've really enjoyed the competition and comraderie of the WRS so far and can't wait to see more stellar examples of the same in the future. Been racing the GT series since the first one, but didn't find the WRS and GT Planet until just before GT4 arrived. Wish I had though, the WRS competition is fierce. I thought I was pretty quick when I came here, but WOW, there are some real scorchers out there!

This is an awesome race series! :D

There are people within this community that are really putting forth some great time and effort to make this as cool as it is for everyone. From CFM, a just and fair moderater from what I've seen, on down to some of the Div. 3ers such as Kolyana and Tiedral (sorry if I spelled one or both of those wrong :dunce: ) who took it upon themselves to start the unofficial leaderboard chart, assigning points, listing standings, and rankings! How cool was that?? Very Cool! :cool: :cool: :cool:

These people and others, I've failed to mention, find the time to do this, and race, and have a life in the real world. How they do it, I don't know, :boggled: :boggled: time is at a premium these days. But, thanks to all for making the WRS and GT Planet a cool place to race. 👍 👍 👍

Steve

Nothing like a good spring cleaning!

First of all welcome to everyone coming into the WRS for the first time. For those of you that have been here awhile thanks for the entertainment and competition!
It's been fun!

As this is an "Introduce Yourself" thread I better get at it...

I've lived in Ohio, USA for a nearly half my 42 years and am fortunate to be within 10 miles of Mid-Ohio Raceway. Planning an outing there when the classic race cars arrive in a couple weeks. I missed the American Lemans Series, but there is next year.

My first intro to GT was GT3 about 18 months before GT4 came out. I was able to get to 99% complete in GT3. I've been running GT4 for a few months now and am enjoying it. I'll definetely get to 100% complete on this release of GT.

I am a proud graduate of the drunken-rodeo-clown driving school.
I am a D2 driver in the WRS and until my lifestyle changes I will continue to be so.

I believe that brakes and throttles should be installed with on/off switches.
I believe that steering wheels are made to turn in both the right and left directions.
I believe hotdog wrappers on a race track do not constitute a full course yellow flag.
I believe there is room for improvement.
I believe truth is truth. Take gravity for instance.
I believe I'll have a beer.

This post is subject to future editing and may totally condradict itself at any given time.

Later,
Canoe

Hello all. I'm Jeremy, but you guys can call me bleu or rabbit, it doesn't matter. I'm 28 and from the deep south (not originally) along the Gulf Coast. For those who kept track, remember Hurricane Ivan? Yeah, me too. Center was 10-15 miles east of me. That's my locale.

I've loved racing as long as I can remember. I have a long life dream to become a professional driver. I guess I'm one step closer by joining SCCA Solo II (til Ivan took it away from us). Still looking for a site to run at.

I've been playing the GT series since the first one all the way to present time. To think I'd be better but adaptation to a wheel is still in the process. I joined the WRS in week 5 and have enjoyed it ever since and will continue to enjoy.

I look forward to great competition and learning from the "VETS".

Hey WRS, this is Rob,just joined WRS this week,Div3.

I guess Ill introduce myself here,since my first intro is somewhere in forum that was closed.

Im from Ohio (Cincinnati to be exact)

..I've lived in Ohio, USA for a nearly half my 42 years and am fortunate to be within 10 miles of Mid-Ohio Raceway...
...not too far from you Canoe! Been to Mid-Ohio Raceway a few times..nice track,I love it!

I first started playing GT back when the original came out.I ve been a loyal player ever since.I do occasionally play other racing titles (Nascar 2005,TOCA2,to name a few),but they dont get as much playtime as GT4 (understandable!),if at all.

This will be my first week competing in the WRS (what a week to start!),so I look forward to competing with everyone.And,I would like to say that I agree with everyone else,in that its great to see everyone take it upon themselves to make WRS what it is,and newcomers like me,and many more after me,will stick around for quite some time because of that!

See ya in the dirt this week!
Rob:tup:

Rob23
...not too far from you Canoe! Been to Mid-Ohio Raceway a few times..nice track,I love it!
Glad to see another Buckeye here.

I'm a misplaced Wolverine fan.

Hi guys,
For some of you who don't know me,I'm the grumpy guy here on the forum.
My name is Sjaak :odd: and I'm 36.(Yes, that old )
Married and we have two daughters.

I did own GT1 and 2 but never played it much.In those days I was more a TOCA2 fan(PS1).Did a lot of split screen races with my friends.The game was playable with four persons on two TV's .
Back in 2001 I started with GT3 and now GT4 is The Game to play.

The job I have for 14 years now is making outdoor signing.
Trucks,cars,shops, you name it.

btw Copied my earlier post.

What's up Weekly Racers?
My name's Ryan. I'm a 28-year-old single dad (9 yr old son) from Minnesoooota, USA, and the proud owner of a new cat (he's my avatar). Besides playing GT, I do most of the stuff all 9-year-old boys do, play bass guitar at my church, and watch MN Pro sports teams get stomped.
I started GT (and the WRS) on GT3. I don't get as much time to race as I used to, so I haven't been around much for the GT4 WRS, but I'll be here whenever I wanna be. :)

sjaak68
btw Copied my earlier post.

Me too. :sly:

'ey everyone. I'm Z (resident Nissan fanboy).

I started playing GT about a year after GT3 came out, so I haven't been around the GT series for very long -- just long enough to know that GT is where it's at.

I'm 26 years old, from the U.S. Midwest and have been around motorsports for only a few years now, but don't think I'll be going anywhere soon. Look forward to racing against you all in the weeks ahead.

P.S. Go Blue.

Well let's see here, I've been racing since Pole Position at the local Wunderland (arcade hall) and really got into racing Super Mario Kart for the SNES, and the first game I ever saw was Super Mario Bros. 1 and the first I played too :) . Over the years I developed a passion for racing games and very bloody games, I once owned an N64, but then I read about GT1 in an article and the next day I turned it in for a PS1 JSUT TO GET GT1, from there I didn't care about getting golds, just racing and tuning cars and kicking the AI's @$$. Same for GT2, then GT3 came out and I really had the desire to become more and then I found gt3.gttimes.com and in October of 2001 I turned a new leaf over to OLR. I decided to take my top 50 lap times and submit them and for a while I had a mean average of 10.9 out of 50 lap times, not bad....but I want more *ENTER GT4* This time I want to blow the roof off any of my previous racing experiences to date, thus far....3 months into it I have accomplished a lot...I have golded all my tests and have everything but M34 left and some enduros and the one make races. I joined WRS mainly because gttimes doesn't have a database for GT4 yet, and there is some GREAT comp here, plus Kolyana mentioned this place in a PM so then I HAD to try it out, you guys all rock and good luck in the furture! BTW I am 25 and I live in a little town that holds the worlds biggest plane.....McMinnville Oregon BABY! :sly:

jump_ace

I'm matt,
I'm 16 years old and i'm a male. I live in Brighton on the South Coast of the UK. I often go racing with my uncle at Brands hatch and have been into GT ever since GT1 but didnt get my own ps1 until gt2 came out.

Hello, I'm Patrick and I'm from The Netherlands.

I'm 18 years old and I like racing. It all started with Super Mario Kart for the SNES and I always tried to beat my older brother and when I did (quite often :P) he was always nagging that he took corners too sharp. My passion grow and so I bought lots of Lego Technic cars to stay with the cars.

My brother bought a chipped PSX and we bought some games. I had to choose one and, ofcourse, I chose Gran Turismo. It was fantastic: me, the DS1, the tv and the PSX...noone could stop me from playing.

I did want more, so I lent someones GT2 and at the date I had to give it back to him, I 'forgot' to do that (I gave it to him the day after, but still, looks nice in this story :P). I liked GT2 as well, especially the music in it. I never finished the game though.

My brother left the house and brought his PSX with him, so I was stuck with my N64 and F1 World Grand Prix, which was much less entertaining, because of the lack of any reality. I decided to buy a Playstation 2 in the end of 2003 and with Gran Turismo 3 attached to it. I also bought GT1 and 2, because that was normal in my eyes.

I was looking for information about Gran Turismo when I bumped to this site. I joined it on 16 July (in 2 weeks I'm already a member for a year! :) ) and well, it took me almost one year to find out that the Online Racing Forum was one of the best parts of this whole forum.

Anyway, bought GT4 a day before it was released in The Netherlands and I'm now part of the WRS. w00t! :P

P.s.: did not copy my earlier post :P

Hey there my fellow WRS'ers! :D

Here's my bio:

Name: Ray
Goes By: SimRaceDriver or SRD
Lives: Northern California, USA
Started WRS: A few weeks after GT4 arrived here in the U.S.
Current WRS Division: 3
Favorite Track(s): Nurburgring > Circuit Le Sarthe I & II
Favorite Car: BMW M3 GTR Race Car w/Audi R8 a close second.

I've been playing the GT series since GT3...Got involved in the WRS because I knew I needed to be pushed if I was ever going to be as good of a driver as I thought I was....I love car racing, with F1 & Rally pretty close as the two racing events that get most of my attention, however races based here in the U.S. (ALMS for example) also get my attention when I know they're being televised on SpeedTV.

Even though I'm not really that good of a driver yet...at least when compared to the times those in Div 1 & 2 post during the WRS...I easily make up for it by using a lot of accessories...which are:

* racing simulator
* A Frex modified DFP wheel
* Matching Frex sequential shifter & handbrake
which by the way is going really well in this weeks WRS Rally event..:D
* And the soon to arrive pedals from ECCI for my DFP...
*and to bring everything into a harmonious partnership, one Onkyo 5.1 SS system....

Yet, even with these few accessories, the current G/F still thinks I'm crazy and that I've taken my love of 'racing' to a whole new level...Silly rabbit! If she only knew how to play racing games on any console, she'd be all over GT4 like creamy filling to a cup-cake! :D

Well, that's pretty much my story so far...or at least as much as I'm willing to share for the moment...:crazy:

Later-

SimRaceDriver

NoQuarter checking in...

Also go by Ed, or MrEd.

I haven't raced too much WRS since GT3, even though I sent in a Qualifier for GT4. You guys are just too fast for me :P

Seriously, I do plan on entering a race or two here, just been pretty swamped between work and my other GT commitmants.

For the new guys who are just coming aboard, I'm pretty active at nearly all the forums...OLR Mod at the GTX, System & Database Mod at the HGT, Verification Commitee member here, and general curmudgeon at the rest ;)

See y'all (at some point) in the WRS pits 👍

This is KOOL CFM! 👍 Probably should have happened a long time ago. Great to put some "Bios" both with Old Timers I know & new members I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.

I'm most likely the Eldest Member here at the Planet. 59 years YOUNG for a coupla more months. Used the Moniker "UB57" 'till too many birthdays went by! :lol: Been a lifelong "Car Freak" & was forever disappointed by computer racing games until introduced to GT3 by one of my nephews three years ago.

While I much prefer real "Races" here to "Hot Lap" comps the WRS is an OUTSTANDING organization I'm PROUD to have been associated with since the very beginning. You won't see me every week because if I don't think the Ride/Venue combo looks like FUN I'll pass on it. But rest assured when I'm here, Win, Lose or Draw you'll see all I have to offer...O.G. :D

GREAT Idea Luxy!
UB57LEGOMan.jpg

HINT: I'm the one in the Hawaiian Shirt...& NOT made outta "Legos!" :lol:

Hello WRS, I'm Brett.

I'm 28 and live in Sydney, Australia.

You'll find me lurking amongst the other Division 3 racers. Sometimes I'll go fast which means I'm having fun with the car/track combo - sometimes I'll be slow which means I'm not having fun - and sometimes I'll be last which means I've dropped back into my bad habit of trying to drift every car I get my hands on.

Hiya,

I'm luke :) I've been playing GT since I got GT3 as a christmas present in 2002 (when I played it about 10 hours a day for a week solid between christmas and new years :dunce: )

I joined the GT3 WRS in Week 2, and I've been here off and on since then. I've been doing the splits leaderboard since February, when I took over from Tuff240.

I'm 24, married with no kids, living in Toronto, Canada. Here's a pic of my wife, Katelyn and I:

luke_and_katelyn.jpg

Anyone else who's got a pic of themselves, post it up so we can all see who were racing against! :D

Hey all. This is Studentdriver, aka Will, Div2, 16 years old in just over a week, living in the 'burbs of Philadelphia. Lucky for me, I go to what is considered the best public school in the state (lots of rich folk around here). And no, I am not yet officially taking classes and whatnot for my license, but it also applies to my study in GT4. I joined GTP about two months ago, so this is my first WRS. I do have points in my sig (please don't yell at me!!!!!), seeing as I have no shot of ever getting a podium! So that's my measure of success. Whatever.

And, as you might expect form my avatar, I am dedicated to the preservation of the motion of hips. But I love Queen, ELO, ToP, and The Moody Blues. Oh, and the Blues Brothers rock! And Elvis. And Cheap Trick. And Elvis Costello. And the Pat Metheny Group. And Holst. Aw hell, who am I kiddin'! I love all music except for the new era of rap, country, western, and any of that Enya crap. I'm also a musician myself, a trombonist, in fact, and very good at it. I also play baseball, got a wicked curve!

I'll see you suckers on the track! But for now, I gotta get to my homework. God I hate school.

Edit: Hey, good idea, Luxy! I'll get one up when I get the chance.

Hi everyone, I'm Kenny Schabow. 18 year old fresh high school graduate living in a Chicago suburb. Been playing GT since GT2 came out. Found this site and OLR after GT4 came out. I love racing and almost all forms of it. Can't wait til I get to do it myself 👍

Attachments

• KennyBMW.jpg
    KennyBMW.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 60
Hi, my name is Slim Sha... wait... it's Gregor actually. :)

I'm 25yo and one of zee Germanz in this place. I bought my shiny red PS2 in February, since 'unified' gave me **** for not competing with him in GT3 all the time (and that's the reason why I'm on GTP and not some other board, since I liked it here and didn't bother to search for local alternatives, hehe). So before I bought GT3, GTC, GTP, and finally GT4 I played GT1/2 randomly at friends' places, but my first contact with racing games was "Pit Stop" around 1983/84 on the C64... old skewl. ;)

Anyway, this whole OLR thingie got me back to actually play GT4 since I had Mr B-Spec beat 90% of the game for me. And now it's time to improve, HAR HAR!

P.S.: I'm the one with 2 legs on the pic.

Luxy
Hiya,

I'm luke :) I've been playing GT since I got GT3 as a christmas present in 2002 (when I played it about 10 hours a day for a week solid between christmas and new years :dunce: )

I joined the GT3 WRS in Week 2, and I've been here off and on since then. I've been doing the splits leaderboard since February, when I took over from Tuff240.

I'm 24, married with no kids, living in Toronto, Canada. Here's a pic of my wife, Katelyn and I:

luke_and_katelyn.jpg

Anyone else who's got a pic of themselves, post it up so we can all see who were racing against! :D

He's hot...:) ;)

Anyways, I am Zach. I am in Div 3 with either my Ds2 or MC2 Madcatz wheel. I have very little skill but sometimes I get awesome times. This week I haven't taken any laps yet. Will try to tonight though. Thank you CFM! I love rally..
though I suck at it.. :indiff:

okay then........ :odd:

My name is Dion I live in Queensland Australia. I first started on GT1 in about 1999/2000 i cant even rember playing GT1 :lol: but thats when i first started. Then i got GT2 a few months after it came out and finished that 100%. Got gt3 about 3ish years ago and I thought i was the bees knees as far as drivers went. Found out about WRS around week 30ish, This was my first OLR and i discovered I was slower than most guys. I was mid Div2 or so. Continued Racing in OLR for about 2 months until PS2 broke down (i took it apart to clean it). Got a new ps2 at week 95 (same time i got GTA SA) then at week 99 i really started trying a lot, and moved up to div1. Got GT4 the day it came out and then Dad (Large_Fryz) and I got a DFP and built a cockpit Pics. Just recently ive been helping Luxy out with the leaderboard splits.

My other hobby is riding motobikes, my lovely bike is a 2003 YZ125 ( Pics) which im gonna race in the near future.

Back