Hidden content you're glad didn't make it to the final game

Sonygamer455

Forum dweller
Premium
United States
The US of A
While theirs probably an unending list of things we wish could have made it to the final version of a game, one thing I don’t see discussed very often is, what about content you are glad didn’t make it to the final version of the game? I mean, if you read a lot about hidden content, you’re bound to find something that you are glad wasn’t used in the game and probably feel it was better off like this and what they did in the end was better.

Well this is the place to discuss it, hidden content you’re glad wasn’t in the final game. It can be any video game or even earlier versions of said game really. Just make sure what you’re posting about is actually unused in the game. ;)

If you want to discuss hidden content you wish had made it to the final game, go here.

Last edited:

Sonygamer455

Forum dweller
Premium
United States
The US of A
The SIG files in Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver (PC).
These files are music files that were apparently planned to be added to the game at some point, but thankfully never were. The songs are essentially shorter versions of the ones used in the game, possibly intended to loop according to TCRF, with an abrupt ending and really bad sound quality. I am really glad these didn’t make it to the final game because they’re shorter and sound less interesting than the final and the sound quality is absolutely abysmal, easily to worst I have ever heard from a video game. And no that’s not the compression of the video butchering the audio, it just as terrible without it.

What they did with the music in the end was so much better. They had much better sound quality, they were longer and generally more interesting to listen to and overall sounded more like a proper soundtrack to the game.

Last edited:

Sonygamer455

Forum dweller
Premium
United States
The US of A
The unused loading songs from Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition.
Was made aware of this a while back and MC3 apparently had some loading songs that were planned but never used and I have mixed feelings about them overall. Ones like "Opposites Attract", " My Lifestyle", "So Sexy" and "Materialistic" I think are pretty good, however I straight up don't like the ones for "Gangsta" and "Let's Go" (including the artist behind it), I think the rock tracks at 2:25 of the video and onward just don't belong as loading music at all in my opinion and the rest I don't care for.

Maybe my nostalgia is way too strong, but I honestly think what they chose in the final was WAY better. The ones in the final had a calm, relaxing and almost "spooky" vibe to it that I really liked and I just don't get that from these. I find a lot of the unused ones to be a bit out of place (the rock tracks especially) as loading music in MC3. They could work in another MC game perhaps, but just not MC3 in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sonygamer455

Forum dweller
Premium
United States
The US of A
The awkward stop when Crash lands after a high jump in Crash Bandicoot 2.
So in the June 15th, 1997 build of Crash Bandicoot 2 that surfaced recently, it was revealed that if you do a high jump by holding circle and X, theirs a brief moment where you can't control him and you have to wait for Crash to finish his landing animation before you can control him again. This was thankfully changed in the final so when he lands after a high jump, you don't lose control over him and be forced to wait for his animation to finish as the prototype was. Instead, when he lands, he can keep going if you really wanted to.

While it may not sound like much, as a long-time Crash fan, I am so glad they did not carry this over to the final game. Having tried the prototype myself, I found it to be pretty annoying, very restrictive and the longer I played it, the more I hated it. While it makes sense to me why they would have it there, Naughty Dog was so right to leave it out. What we got in the final feels so smooth and refined compared to the prototype and it overall feels so much better.

Last edited: