high speed wobble

• Thread starter dynofiend
  • 6 comments
Hi,

i have a DFP wheel, but whenever i get to over 200mph or so on GT4, the wheel starts to wobble unconrollably from side to side, meaning i lose speed. Its very annoying and seems to be down to the force feedback pushing the wheel from side to side on its own. Even if i hang on for dear life it still wobbles.

Is there any way to stop it?

You just have to hold firmly the wheels with both hands... and it will still wobble.
You can change the force of the feedback if you find it too "feedback". Power assist on can help too.

I just put my fingers on the top of the case, lock my thumbs through the loops and hold on tight. That minimizes it drastically, but nothing can stop it. The AMG Mecedes CLK-GTR Race car doesn't do it very much at all compaired to the other race cars down the Mulsain Straight at LeMans...........Uhum Circe De 'LaSarthe......or whatever.

On La Sarthe (and others) I used to hang on for dear life to keep the car on the straights. I tried to immobilise the wheel against the desk it is clamped to.
After two laps I had to give up due to pain in both arms.

Unplugging the powercable will not help either as the car will behave as if on ice.
The Mulsanne seems very smooth but is actually quite bumpy.

I switched tactics and found that by having a somewhat loose grip on the wheel I could control the beasts much better and hey armaches gone and more laps could be done. Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose.

AMG_SLK

I just hold my wheel in 2 hands, it still moves from left to right a bit but with some good tuning to the car it will become a bit better... I think you can't do anything to get rit of it, but so what I like it... it gives a feeling of racing :)

I do love the way u have to fight the wheel and hold on for dear life as it tries desperatly to throw the car into a spin. One of the more iritating features of the wheel. apart from it being possessed above 150ish km/h its a great thing to have.

if u look at the view of the entire car, u notice that the car is actually bouncing up and down as if its going over speed bumps at 200mph. :sly:

Latest Posts

Back