Highlands Track and Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 Arrive in Update 1.12 for Assetto Corsa on PC

GTPNewsWire

Contributing Writer
United States
GTPHQ
Looks nice, will this come to consoles as well?
Yes! You will receive both the Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 and the new Highlands Track in a future update. I'm guessing the very next one.

I just took out the Audi for my first spin around Vallelunga. What a beast! It's a shame we don't have a couple of dirt tracks where the Grp B cars would really feel at home.

Yes! You will receive both the Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 and the new Highlands Track in a future update. I'm guessing the very next one.

I just took out the Audi for my first spin around Vallelunga. What a beast! It's a shame we don't have a couple of dirt tracks where the Grp B cars would really feel at home.
And what about the new track you like it ?

And what about the new track you like it ?
I have only driven the long (~12Km) layout so far, but I can tell you that I really, really liked it. :D I know it's a racing sim, but I love street cars so much more than real race cars. I even prefer to race with my street cars. :) So, this nice, long layout was a lot of fun for me taking the Miura out to stretch it's legs. It's not a very twisty layout. Most turns are sweeping, so you can usually hold some decent speed and then there is a very long straight which is going to be really fun for pushing cars to their top speeds.

I've read several complaints on the official forums already, but there are people over there who bitch after every single update/dlc pack/free giveaway. And then they wonder why the devs don't come around for weeks. :rolleyes: It's a free track with 4 layouts. It's not a racing circuit, but I think most people will find something they like within Highlands. Will it become a track that people are itching to drive everyday after work? No. I doubt it...but it's still a good bit of fun, especially for street cars. I'm sure you can drive anything on it though.

I have only driven the long (~12Km) layout so far, but I can tell you that I really, really liked it. :D I know it's a racing sim, but I love street cars so much more than real race cars. I even prefer to race with my street cars. :) So, this nice, long layout was a lot of fun for me taking the Miura out to stretch it's legs. It's not a very twisty layout. Most turns are sweeping, so you can usually hold some decent speed and then there is a very long straight which is going to be really fun for pushing cars to their top speeds.

I've read several complaints on the official forums already, but there are people over there who bitch after every single update/dlc pack/free giveaway. And then they wonder why the devs don't come around for weeks. :rolleyes: It's a free track with 4 layouts. It's not a racing circuit, but I think most people will find something they like within Highlands. Will it become a track that people are itching to drive everyday after work? No. I doubt it...but it's still a good bit of fun, especially for street cars. I'm sure you can drive anything on it though.
This track sounds perfect for me, it's nice to have variety and have a track with lots of fast bends where you can just enjoy driving. Moan moan moan moan, you know people are just moaning for the sake of. Give them everything they want and they still wont be happy.

This track sounds perfect for me, it's nice to have variety and have a track with lots of fast bends where you can just enjoy driving. Moan moan moan moan, you know people are just moaning for the sake of. Give them everything they want and they still wont be happy.
Yup. For console players, I can understand it a little bit more because they can only play what Kunos give them. But for PC players who have access to probably 500+ mod tracks, I can't stand the whining. Especially on the day of its release. Of course not every mod track is good, but I guarantee there are plenty of good quality mod tracks that fit in a wide range of categories like: drift tracks, high-speed run tracks, bumpy tracks, twisty tracks, dirt tracks, etc...etc...

I've only driven 4 cars so far since the v1.12 update. The new Audi, the Miura, Countach & Cobra S/C... Brake temperatures active on the Cobra & Miura is sweet, but even though they're not active on the Countach yet the brakes feel really good, just like how the Cobra & Miura brakes feel now.

It's nice using an app like SideKick (probably Race Essentials too, but not positive) where you can enable in the settings the app switching from whatever you currently have displayed to the brake temperatures while you're braking. Of course, you can always manually switch to the brake temps as you cycle through tire temps, tire pressure, wear amount and then brake temps. But I don't want to leave Brake Temps up all the time. I usually keep tire temps or tire pressures showing while I drive. It's really nice to see the brake temps appear whenever I touch that peddle. Especially since they're color coded to know if you're still cold, perfect or if you go over optimum range you'll start experiencing brake fade.

This has been a very good update, in my opinion. 👍

When do they usually release these updates to consoles after they release them on PC? I was and still are looking forward to try out the Highlands track. Love a good ol' Scottish drive.

When do they usually release these updates to consoles after they release them on PC? I was and still are looking forward to try out the Highlands track. Love a good ol' Scottish drive.

There's not an average timeframe as it's just very recently that the console version has caught up to getting the latest content released for the PC version. As you may know, the final Porsche pack released for consoles yesterday after having been available on PC since late December. Expect a somewhat similar gap for the Highlands track, but I'm optimistic that we won't have to endure a similar wait this time around. No major holiday breaks in the foreseeable future and so on.

There's not an average timeframe as it's just very recently that the console version has caught up to getting the latest content released for the PC version. As you may know, the final Porsche pack released for consoles yesterday after having been available on PC since late December. Expect a somewhat similar gap for the Highlands track, but I'm optimistic that we won't have to endure a similar wait this time around. No major holiday breaks in the foreseeable future and so on.
Ah, I see now. I've just gotten into Assetto Corsa just recently & caught up to the recent news so I've been unaware of the consoles having later update times to the PC.

I don't see any reason why it should take a very long amount of time to get console players the track & vehicle. However, because of the whole process of pushing updates out to console players by jumping through Sony & Microsoft's hoops, I'd think that Kunos is going to try and include some other things with that update. Hopefully important bug fixes - maybe even the private lobbies, which would be super cool. I hope it doesn't take too long for you guys on consoles to get it.

Looks like a very fun track, a bit of on overdose on the sponsor advertising next to the track though, makes it all feel a bit unrealistic.

I wish that it had on-coming traffic.

Just imagine the epic crashes we could have on those sweeping bends. lol.

You are correct about the sponsorship. It does seem waaaay out of place in the wilds of Scotland. And the lack of rain feature is a big loss for this track.

I wish that it had on-coming traffic.

Just imagine the epic crashes we could have on those sweeping bends. lol.

You are correct about the sponsorship. It does seem waaaay out of place in the wilds of Scotland. And the lack of rain feature is a big loss for this track.
I think it would be pretty cool if they gave us a Freeroam layout where all roads were opened up. Imagine 20 maniacs on a server bombing around that layout from all sorts of different directions? :nervous: :lol:

Wonderful, now I just have to wait until it comes out on ps4 :irked:
When when when ?

I think it would be pretty cool if they gave us a Freeroam layout where all roads were opened up. Imagine 20 maniacs on a server bombing around that layout from all sorts of different directions? :nervous: :lol:
It would be very, very cool if there were smaller, tighter, maybe less well maintained roads in the middle of the layout you could just roam around in at your leisure. Perhaps even a makeshift circuit or three in there as well. Some narrow, old wooden bridges, off camber and rutted road, steep inclines and declines etc.

Yup. For console players, I can understand it a little bit more because they can only play what Kunos give them. But for PC players who have access to probably 500+ mod tracks, I can't stand the whining. Especially on the day of its release. Of course not every mod track is good, but I guarantee there are plenty of good quality mod tracks that fit in a wide range of categories like: drift tracks, high-speed run tracks, bumpy tracks, twisty tracks, dirt tracks, etc...etc...

I did come across this beauty. Cannot wait to try it.

Just had a few laps around the normal layout with the S1 E2, what a glorious combination. Then did some laps on the town circuit with the Giulietta, actually a pretty good city circuit, they can normally be too tight/90 degree corners, but not so.

Longer layouts will definitely need cars with some power, but a nice mix of med/high speed corners and more importantly, undulations.

I watched a video of the Highlands short course. Maaan. I'm not a fan of any of these. :( It's all good though. Still looking forward to running them.

Back