Highlands Track and Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 Arrive in Update 1.12 for Assetto Corsa on PC

Here's a video of the new track and its layouts driven in practice mode on the PC version, obviously. Notice at 9:15 where he enters the square marking the pit stall. I've only seen this square-shaped box in race modes on the console version, whereas practice sessions on the console version only mark the active pit area with four cones. The nice thing about having the active marker is that it has this pop-up screen allowing players to change tires and such "on the fly". Was this just added to practice mode in version 1.12 on PC? If not, another baffling difference between AC on PC and consoles.

A real-life Mazda3, college, insurance...
The latest generation Mazda3's are badass compact cars. My brother had to supply his own vehicle for work at his last job, so he picked one up - great gas mileage...I think they look pretty cool. For their size, they have a nice amount of pep. A friend of mine, she has one of the older models. While I've never been inside of her Mazda3 I always thought it looked sharp. It probably helps that she's smoking hot. :lol:

Bummer about Assetto Corsa. I hope you can get your hands on AC some day soon...but, it's awesome to hear that you're responsible and think about paying your bills first. Ugh...if only I thought that way when I was 20... :banghead: Are you a console or PC player?

Had a play on it last night, good fun and an improvement over Black Cat County. Would love to give it a go in VR.

Shame about all the advertising banners and rumble strips but hey, it was free...

Nice to see someone just enjoying the new content for the sake of fun and not complaining about the track being fictional or there being sponsor billboards on the roadside. He just had fun and enjoyed the experience for what it is which was a bit refreshing.

Here's a video of the new track and its layouts driven in practice mode on the PC version, obviously. Notice at 9:15 where he enters the square marking the pit stall. I've only seen this square-shaped box in race modes on the console version, whereas practice sessions on the console version only mark the active pit area with four cones. The nice thing about having the active marker is that it has this pop-up screen allowing players to change tires and such "on the fly". Was this just added to practice mode in version 1.12 on PC? If not, another baffling difference between AC on PC and consoles.

Yes, I believe these options were added in the last two updates.

It might be a good track for a form of Rally racing? It might be quite good throwing that Audi about and sliding everywhere. Really hammering it.

The latest generation Mazda3's are badass compact cars. My brother had to supply his own vehicle for work at his last job, so he picked one up - great gas mileage...I think they look pretty cool. For their size, they have a nice amount of pep. A friend of mine, she has one of the older models. While I've never been inside of her Mazda3 I always thought it looked sharp. It probably helps that she's smoking hot. :lol:

Bummer about Assetto Corsa. I hope you can get your hands on AC some day soon...but, it's awesome to hear that you're responsible and think about paying your bills first. Ugh...if only I thought that way when I was 20... :banghead: Are you a console or PC player?

I do both console and PC, but my laptop is trash. I want to build a nice rig but again, priorities.

Re: Mazda3, yeah, they're gorgeous machines. I have a 2016 iSport. Check it out here!

Nice to see someone just enjoying the new content for the sake of fun and not complaining about the track being fictional or there being sponsor billboards on the roadside. He just had fun and enjoyed the experience for what it is which was a bit refreshing.

Yes, I believe these options were added in the last two updates.
Agree, i swear 90% Of sim videos i watch i ask myself "do they even like race sim?" They just spend their time looking for the flaws instead of enjoying what's there.

I do both console and PC, but my laptop is trash. I want to build a nice rig but again, priorities.

Re: Mazda3, yeah, they're gorgeous machines. I have a 2016 iSport. Check it out here!
Very nice. 👍 I'm stuck in this hellhole Massachusetts as well. Western MA...

Agree, i swear 90% Of sim videos i watch i ask myself "do they even like race sim?" They just spend their time looking for the flaws instead of enjoying what's there.
I feel ya. I've had the same exact thoughts several times. :rolleyes:

IMO this track is ideal for the older cars with less grip. The Lotus 49, Lamborghini Countach, F40, Yellowbird etc. Can't wait to give them all a run if I can ever get this rig assembled!
You hit the nail on the head. I've never had some of my older rides going so fast -- even on Dottinger Hohe on the Nordschleife...It feels awesome letting those cars just fly. Then I took my Koenigsegg One out for 1 lap. I lifted a little early, but when you're doing 260 mph you err on the side of caution, which seems oxymoronic in this sense. :lol:

You building/got a new system? 👍

You hit the nail on the head. I've never had some of my older rides going so fast -- even on Dottinger Hohe on the Nordschleife...It feels awesome letting those cars just fly. Then I took my Koenigsegg One out for 1 lap. I lifted a little early, but when you're doing 260 mph you err on the side of caution, which seems oxymoronic in this sense. :lol:

You building/got a new system? 👍
I started out just wanting a T300 and I was going to use my G27 pedals but the adaptor + shipping was $50 and new pedals were $179 so I got some T3PA Pros instead. I ordered a shifter in late November but Amazon Canada backordered it for 2 months before cancelling:mad:. Best Buy had it for me in 2 days. I had built the base (furniture grade plywood with trim, looks like furniture more than a rig:odd:)for a new rig a couple of years ago and primed it, but never got around to making the frame to mount the G27 wheel/shifter/pedals. I hope to get to it this weekend and put the T300 on the new platform. :nervous:

Last edited:
Ok, good. There's probably a decent chance consoles will get it too then. 👍

Hopefully. I haven't figured out what it's for or how to use it yet :dunce: but it's there. I've only done like two races with pit stops though and both were a long time ago.

McDo makes me very, very sick. :lol:
No wonder, considering they only have two types of burgers: McDesert and McDry.

The MX5 Cup and Highlands Short is a great combination! Just raced with some 15 cars using an H-shifter (TH8RS) and no TC. This car is very manageable with no TC I have to say. Really enjoyable!
Can really feel the cobblestone too. The chassis wobbles and there's a slight vibration in the wheel. And it seems like there's slightly less grip as well. Awesome!

Hopefully. I haven't figured out what it's for or how to use it yet :dunce: but it's there. I've only done like two races with pit stops though and both were a long time ago.

Park the car inside the marked area and you'll immediately be prompted to decide what and how much the pit crew will do to the car.

No wonder, considering they only have two types of burgers: McDesert and McDry.

The MX5 Cup and Highlands Short is a great combination! Just raced with some 15 cars using an H-shifter (TH8RS) and no TC. This car is very manageable with no TC I have to say. Really enjoyable!
Can really feel the cobblestone too. The chassis wobbles and there's a slight vibration in the wheel. And it seems like there's slightly less grip as well. Awesome!
I agree...
I had a blast 2 days ago with 2 races vs PC on Highlands City Track... 10 laps one make race MX5 cup and 10 laps one make race Abarth 500 AC...
This track is Perfect for this kind of cars...

Park the car inside the marked area and you'll immediately be prompted to decide what and how much the pit crew will do to the car.

Right. I just never encounter that situation because I never drive into the pits, always hit Esc. and exit to the pits. I'm sure some people will find it useful though. 👍

I started out just wanting a T300 and I was going to use my G27 pedals but the adaptor + shipping was $50 and new pedals were $179 so I got some T3PA Pros instead. I ordered a shifter in late November but Amazon Canada backordered it for 2 months before cancelling:mad:. Best Buy had it for me in 2 days. I had built the base (furniture grade plywood with trim, looks like furniture more than a rig:odd:)for a new rig a couple of years ago and primed it, but never got around to making the frame to mount the G27 wheel/shifter/pedals. I hope to get to it this weekend and put the T300 on the new platform. :nervous:

I know it's a bit late to be saying this, but for anyone else that wants to use your g25/27 pedals and/or shifter, you don't need an adaptor. You can just keep your whole wheel connected and unplug the power if you don't want it calibrating. That's what I did and still use for the past couple of years.

Shame the gears cannot be extended. :/
I don't have Assetto Corsa open in front of me, but if my memory isn't as bad as I fear, I believe that there are a ton of gearing changes that can be made with the Audi Sports Quattro S1 E2, including final gear ratio.

I don't have Assetto Corsa open in front of me, but if my memory isn't as bad as I fear, I believe that there are a ton of gearing changes that can be made with the Audi Sports Quattro S1 E2, including final gear ratio.

Yes, but none of them are long enough to handle the Highlands straight without hitting the limiter. I had it set to the highest speed but would hit the limiter about a third of the way down the straight if I was at WOT.

Back