Historic cars in F1 2018 feel slugish

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 4 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
MarcoM1972
Do you also find the historic cars too slugish? I understand the heavier steering, but in general they feel like there is some wet blanket in the steering column.

I do like the physics and responsiveness of the 2018 cars though.

The older cars are a bit sluggish, relative to modern cars. But if we're talking about the 70's - 90's (and even some of the 2000's) cars, this makes sense as they were typically heavier, the tires were less grippy, and the amount of aero they produced was no where near what modern cars have.

If you compare the historic F1 cars from F1 2018 to pc2 or ac, then there is a quite a difference in handling.

I trend to believe the later two are more correct in the handling departement .

The older cars are a bit sluggish, relative to modern cars. But if we're talking about the 70's - 90's (and even some of the 2000's) cars, this makes sense as they were typically heavier, the tires were less grippy, and the amount of aero they produced was no where near what modern cars have.
Isn't the newer F1 cars "alot" heavier, compared to 10-40 years ago?

Seem to recall that previous generations of F1 cars were around 550 kg and newer ones are like minimum 733 kg.

But yes, alot less grip in the older ones, both mechanically and aerodynamically. And not to mention raw power output and gearing.

Latest Posts

Back