Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

I really wish I could've joined in. I just got home from work and now we are getting ready for my son's 1st birthday tomorrow.
I'm racing tonight in the ARL Gr.3 race but it starts at 11:00pm my time. The later the better for me or every Tuesday.

Kids are in bed by 11:00 and then I'm off work without my kids during the day on Tuesdays.

I really wish I could've joined in. I just got home from work and now we are getting ready for my son's 1st birthday tomorrow.
I'm racing tonight in the ARL Gr.3 race but it starts at 11:00pm my time. The later the better for me or every Tuesday.

Kids are in bed by 11:00 and then I'm off work without my kids during the day on Tuesdays.
Here is today's schedule if you reconsider.

Practice/Qualifying 6:30pm EDT
Qualifying Ends at 7:15pm EDT
10 minutes limit on hot laps.
Race Start 7:35pm EDT
You'll need to be on track no later than 7:07pm. In order to get your out lap and timed lap in.

I think we are in the same time zone. Are you Eastern or Central? I am Eastern

Even though I'm not a fan of tuning in GTS...because I had enough if that time consuming process in GT6...I just might give this a go for the hell of it.
I'm allowing tuning it try to bring lap times a little more. And help improve the racing with these powerful cars of yesteryear. This is why I offered some basic advice at the bottom of the forum.

Laguna Seca is basically acts like a short track to these cars. Which are normally capable of easily exceeding 200 mph. Are only capable plus 170 mph.

The downforce increase will improve grip. And reduce tire wear because you won't slide around as much.

The transmission adjustment will improve acceleration. As well as it allow you to stay out of the lower gears more. Which well help with wheel spin. Which well also reduce tire wear a little.

Last edited:
While I'm allowing traction control to be nice to those who are not use this class. I don't recommend using it with these older cars. They where not designed with traction control as it was not really a thing yet in this era. You can also run better lap times without it's use. The cars do have some wheel spin. But they much more predictable than the newer Gr.1 cars or Gr.3 which are designed with it.

Lots of fun :cheers:

full

I don't know much about this Gr.1 class as I tend to stay away from them however I do like the Mazda 787B '91 just because of it's sound so that will be my go to car.

I’d be interested if there are still places available.
There is plenty of openings. If I get a lot of sign ups. This race will be a friend only lobby.

So I need either you to friend request me PSN TheColdWarriors or I need your I PSN to friend request you.

I don't know much about this Gr.1 class as I tend to stay away from them however I do like the Mazda 787B '91 just because of it's sound so that will be my go to car.
I love the Gr.1 cars. Even the performance of these older cars are amazing. I do recommend getting some practice. Even the day of the race. It will take you a few laps to get use to the cornering speeds.

Back