Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

Tire wear has been reduced to x6. Also the race lobby now will be Friends Only. I gotten more interest than expected. There is currently 9 confirms and 1 interested but, unconfirmed.

Well it was fun as long as there was enough to race. I had pretty good idea going in that I would be at the tail of the pack. That being said usually doesn't mean all alone 98% of the time as the pack should take up most of the track length, so the opportunity to watch learn and try different approaches many times a circuit is there. Once it became just 3 of us not so easy to view it much more than a test session. First bit was great. Being able to race with all but Timolor if just for a few laps was pure fun.

I'm sorry guys for not making it..I didn't realize it was last night and for some reason though this race was on the 27th
Hell I wasn't even finished with the livery for this race yet.

I didn't log on until around 10:30pm EST last night as my wife was playing her old Sega Genesis for about 3 hours prior to that.

Well it was fun as long as there was enough to race. I had pretty good idea going in that I would be at the tail of the pack. That being said usually doesn't mean all alone 98% of the time as the pack should take up most of the track length, so the opportunity to watch learn and try different approaches many times a circuit is there. Once it became just 3 of us not so easy to view it much more than a test session. First bit was great. Being able to race with all but Timolor if just for a few laps was pure fun.
I said Timlour is really good. If he didn't get disconnected he would have won easily. He not a top 10 guy but, he is S Rating. And did to beat Lewis Hamilton's Laps. His qualifying lap under 1:13. He only got to a 1:13.100 for the race but, I think he was pacing himself to preserve tires.

I'm sorry guys for not making it..I didn't realize it was last night and for some reason though this race was on the 27th
Hell I wasn't even finished with the livery for this race yet.

I didn't log on until around 10:30pm EST last night as my wife was playing her old Sega Genesis for about 3 hours prior to that.
I posted March 21st as many places as I could. And sent reminders. Don't know what to tell. With not much else to do. I will come up with something new soon. I probably won't host anything else until after our next race.

If these lock downs keep up until our next race expect a lot of disconnections. I have a wired connection. Even with that I restarted everything before I opened up and I still had half my starters disconnect. Shows how strained the servers are.

On another note. I'm glad you still have a Sage Genesis you can play. I had when I was kid but, all the controllers broke.

The system and the games are still at my Dad's house. I've been tempted to buy new controllers but, I'm afraid if I do the system won't work after all these years. Plus buying something like that online I could get ripped off.

Last edited:
When are you projecting this event to be over?

Some of us race in the ARL Gr.3 Series on Saturday nights and I'm usually in their lobby around 10:30 pm and racing starts at 11:00 pm EST.

Again I'm interested in your event if it doesn't effect the ARL race later that night.

When are you projecting this event to be over?

Some of us race in the ARL Gr.3 Series on Saturday nights and I'm usually in their lobby around 10:30 pm and racing starts at 11:00 pm EST.

Again I'm interested in your event if it doesn't effect the ARL race later that night.
I hope to keep this event 3 hours but, I never try ran something like this before. So I'm not sure. I might shorten practice before Tsukuba and Kyoto - Miyagi to 10 minutes.

I don't plan to figure out points after the event over. I just note where everyone finishes and release points totals sometime after the event.

Last edited:
I'm shortening practice to 10 minutes for all races after race 1and will start immediately the grid order is set.

Last edited:
Notice,

I have decided no longer running a public points system in order to preserve the fun. And to make this event more inviting. The points championship was to test a point system for the possibility of a more serious events in future.

The event will go on as planned for fun. Room Opens 6:30pm Eastern US. First Race is at 7pm. Eastern US. I'm estimating the last race to finish around 10 pm Eastern US.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone that showed up for my event Saturday. I'm sorry to who missed it.

@Tall Paul I hope you made home from your bad day.

My next event will be much sooner than I intended. I was planning an electric and energy car event for Earth Day. I just realized Earth Day is next Wednesday. The event contest of 4 races.

Three races will be one make races. One for each of the 3 production electric cars in GTS. These being the BMW I3, the Tesla Model S, and the Porsche Taycan.

The 4th race will be mixed race between Gr.X class Electric or Lazer Powered VGT Cars.

I will need a few days to get the details together. Also I will not be on available next Saturday. So this event will either Friday or Sunday. I know I won't be ready by Wednesday.

Last edited:
Made it home and spent all weekend turning wrenches. Which is what made Saturday evening all the more bad, all my tools were at home had to improvise a quick fix just to get to parts store. And if I ever happen to run into the engineer who is responsible for the Explorer radiator mounting I will swiftly kick him.

Made it home and spent all weekend turning wrenches. Which is what made Saturday evening all the more bad, all my tools were at home had to improvise a quick fix just to get to parts store. And if I ever happen to run into the engineer who is responsible for the Explorer radiator mounting I will swiftly kick him.
If you bought your Explorer used. It could be the fault of whoever owned it before you. Not everyone takes care of their car. Either because they are broke or they just don't give a damn.

Now if you bought it new. Well I can inform you that both Rinsky and Infineon work for one of Ford's manufacturing plants. You can always go file a complaint to them.

If you bought your Explorer used. It could be the fault of whoever owned it before you. Not everyone takes care of their car. Either because they are broke or they just don't give a damn.

Now if you bought it new. Well I can inform you that both Rinsky and Infineon work for one of Ford's manufacturing plants. You can always go file a complaint to them.

Yes it was bought used. But that doesn't impact the design of how the radiator, transmission oil cooler, and a/c condenser are mounted. Absolute idiot designed it with the bolt head to the inside. I won't even get into the smarts of a plastic intake manifold. Vivid 19 shut down the plant that makes a bolt in aluminum manifold so had to replace plastic with more plastic....

Be so much better on a fun track. I'll log some laps and see if I can even make it around a few times lol.
I recommend you find a high end ride you can comfortably control for a long period time. Search N500 and up.

I chose the Nurburgring for that reason. The fastest may not be the best if you can't control.

The Laferrari for example is probably the best N class in GTS in terms of lap times. It is all one of most difficult cars to drive in GTS due to it wheel spin.

Latest Posts

Back