Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

• Total voters
Wed Leaderboard -Minis.jpg
could you split the tables so mini round is permanently there
Here are the Mini results separately. But is it not a continuous championship? Not sure of the benefit of having the Minis separately.
I've tarted it up a bit, using the Monday leaderboard as an example. A lot of the colour there stems from driver licenses, which I don't believe we replicate here.

It was very hard day for me yesterday - hot weather, hard work, gym, race went not so good, couldn’t asleep and slept only few hours. Felt like a zombie today. Thought during breakfast - do I need that? Counted I can get about 1000 € for my simracing equipment and was very close (really close) to announce about selling on FB and local sites. :)
Strangely my wife stoped me :). She said, - cool down, you really love that, have just finished another hobby (cycling) and will start go crazy of do nothing :).
I have a vacation after week and maybe 1-2 weeks on the beach will change my mind.
Do you guys sometimes feel somethink like that? :)

Yes @Napalm_LT its best to rest for a little while, the bug soon comes back when you have not driven for ages then every thing is exciting for a few weeks again..
You can also try picking your races so not to over do it . Spending hours and hours on ps is for the younger ones lol...

@half_sourly

i'm not sure on the way @Sick Cylinder was intending to score but normally we would have each car as one event .
if so i would leave each car table as is as we move through the year :) keep the on going table as it will be fun to see how that go's ,just make it a simplified one .
Plus nice one looks good cheers

Last edited:
How many rounds are set this championship series here?

8 Rounds - 4 in the Mini and 4 in the Cobra. One Mini round was cancelled due to PSN problems - we did reschedule for the next day, but very few people attended so I decided it would be best not to count scores from that round.

It was very hard day for me yesterday - hot weather, hard work, gym, race went not so good, couldn’t asleep and slept only few hours. Felt like a zombie today. Thought during breakfast - do I need that? Do you guys sometimes feel somethink like that? :)

Yes - apart from the gym bit! Yes, but I don't think about selling my gear - I sometimes wonder if when my wheel fails I will get another one. When I bought it I was working more hours and earning a lot more so could easily afford a wheel - now I have to think carefully about expenditure.

Race not going so good is a common thing for me! I think it is easier for me to reach an average level (which is enjoyable enough for me) on GT Sport than PC2. Maybe PC3 will be better for slower drivers like me? (or maybe not!).

Yes @Napalm_LT its best to rest for a little while, the bug soon comes back when you have not driven for ages then every thing is exciting for a few weeks again..

Wise words from richroo which are worth following!

i'm not sure on the way @Sick Cylinder was intending to score but normally we would have each car as one event.

The original plan was to run 9 rounds with 3 cars making up the championship - Mini, Cobra and Porsche 356, however the Mini was such good fun and the Cobra is also very entertaining so this current series will just be for two cars - the Mini and the Cobra with 8 rounds (one round cancelled due to PSN problems). We are only counting the best result in each round so there should be 7 scores for each driver.

Will there be a dropped score in this championship?

Yes - there will be one dropped score in the GTS championships, but not in the PC2 ones. The dropped score makes the scoring more difficult - @half_sourly it will be best to have two total columns - one for total points and one with the lowest score dropped.

We have operated this system in the past and stopped using it because it seemed to encourage absences, however attendance is good on GTS so don't I think it will be a problem on that game.

The next one in the series is the Porsche 356 Speedster. Is that correct?

Yes - the Porsche 356 Speedster will be next as part of a 6 round championship - the first 3 rounds will be for the Porsche 356, while rounds 4, 5 and 6 will be multi-class Porsche or Aston. For those rounds if you have an Aston Martin DB3S 1953 please use it. The following competitors said in the questionnaire that they have the Aston @Zolon32 @AndreasR @jammy21

The Aston DB3S is 10m credits or £7.99 through PSN - please don't feel that you need to buy this car - you can compete in the Porsche 356 - only get the Aston if you really want to.

I saw on the 2nd post that there might be more series, such as 1966 Le Mans Championship for example.

I am still hoping to run some more ambitious championships, but I have been waiting to build up numbers and also give people a chance to acquire more cars. I am hoping to run some special events - probably on Saturday's as many people will be watching F1 on Sunday's. My local track (Brands Hatch) opens up again next weekend for socially distanced events with no pit or paddock access, but Mrs Cylinder has banned me from attending on health grounds (too much risk of contracting Covid 19) - so I will need to get my classic festival feelings from gaming!

Apologies for not being around much on GTPlanet lately. A big shout out to @IfAndOr for the sterling work he has been doing on PC2 and also to @half_sourly for taking over the scoring and doing such a great job.

I am thinking of switching from 3 x 10 minute races to 2 x 15 minute races - let me know which you would prefer. Personally I thought 10 minute races worked well with the Mini, but the more powerful cars are probably better with 15 minutes (especially the Cobra with which it takes longer to find a rhythm).

Also I cannot get the room setting to accept anything except fixed host - I have been trying to alter this since the start so that those who want can continue racing in the room after I leave.

I'm not sure if I'm the champion yet, but if I miss a round, then will my point score still be dropped? Or I won't have any dropped points at all for missing a round?

I am thinking of switching from 3 x 10 minute races to 2 x 15 minute races - let me know which you would prefer. Personally I thought 10 minute races worked well with the Mini, but the more powerful cars are probably better with 15 minutes (especially the Cobra with which it takes longer to find a rhythm).
I think 15 mins, would work well, with the higher power cars Sick. You have very careful, with Cobra even on normal, tyres it can, bite.:boggled:

Yes - there will be one dropped score in the GTS championships, but not in the PC2 ones. The dropped score makes the scoring more difficult - @half_sourly it will be best to have two total columns - one for total points and one with the lowest score dropped.
@Sick Cylinder, here is an adjusted table then, showing 1) that it is an 8-round championship, 2) a 'full points' position as well as a 'worst result dropped' position, 3) ranked it by the latter, since that will be the deciding table.

Although there are drawbacks to showing the 'worst result dropped' position during the championship (example if you showed it after round 1, then everyone would have nil, since their worst score was also their best and only score...), but I'm keeping it in there to save more work. Also, should rounds be cancelled (as the Suzuka East one was), then we know the position. I'll also not be doing a separate Mini one, since it is a continuous championship.

Trust this is what you had in mind.
Wed Leaderboard.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm the champion yet, but if I miss a round, then will my point score still be dropped? Or I won't have any dropped points at all for missing a round?
If Sick agrees with the new table, then should you not drive this week, your worst score would be nil (the nil points for this week), so your score willl be (5 x 20) - 0 = 100.

EDIT: And of course if you drove this week and won, as you always seem to do :bowdown:, then your score would be (6 x 20) - 20 = 100.

And that means we have a Champion, as @Harsk100 now has an unassailable lead. Well done Harsk!

View attachment 938930

View attachment 938929
I'm not the champion yet, as Simba can still beat me if he scores 20 points. If I don't participate in the final round and if Andreas score 20 points in the final round, he would beat me on all results by 3 points (123 points against me), if not mistaken.

Back