Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

• Total voters
@Sutsagrd all cool bud ,just have to brake that bit earlier to stop the understeer so not to run the other car off ,ok to show your elbows when finishing the corner so to show your ahead and have the race line ..
Would have been better to follow me as i was a few tenths quicker, (then we might have been sill at front,or i might have crashed ).then make the move you line up over the previous few laps 2/3 laps before finish.. imo ....

@Sick Cylinder
If you have a chance have a look at race 2 replay laps 1-3 between me and @richroo

Note - I only remembered to record the third replay.

Thank you very much to @half_sourly for posting up the results - I will be producing a table very soon. I will only be scoring drivers best result in each round - for example if two people both won a race they will both get the same points from that round. This saves me a lot of time and means that you don't need to worry about the odd race where an accident happened as you have another race in which there is an opportunity to do your best. This type of scoring was my intention from the start and I am sorry if anyone is disappointed that their points score will be lower than they expected.

I haven't got the time or inclination to be reviewing race footage - I would prefer if we could all drive carefully and respectfully to avoid that, while accepting that accidents can happen, but we have two or three races and therefore another opportunity to produce our best performance.

I will be trying to do the championship points updates more often, but what with household chores, grinding for cars and credits on GTS and being a key worker, sometimes it is not my top priority. One bit of good news - I get a bonus in June for working through the pandemic - not a generous one, but it should be enough after tax to purchase a copy of Project Cars 3, but won't be enough for a PS5!

Is anyone planning to get a PS5 and if so when do you expect to purchase?

Next Car - Shelby Cobra 427 - Note I have chosen race number 58!

We are running the car with power reduced to 72% and weight at 100% with Comfort Medium tyres. Theses tyres suit the car well and the power cut simulates the performance of the earlier 289 model.

If you are unable to get the power down to 72% simply buy an extra power level (or multiple levels) using mileage exchange credits - from memory you just click on the power level. I think you can go up to level 4 which enables you to get the maximum increase or reduction in power.

Next circuit - Brands Hatch GP

@half_sourly - you're Cobra Coupe looks stunning! Did you do the livery ? If so please let us know how you did the stripe and the larger than standard numbers. Perhaps post a picture in this thread so more people can admire!

Thank you very much to @half_sourly for posting up the results
No worries.

@half_sourly - you're Cobra Coupe looks stunning! Did you do the livery ? If so please let us know how you did the stripe and the larger than standard numbers. Perhaps post a picture in this thread so more people can admire!
Thanks. Yes, I did it myself. The stripe is done in this way. The background and numbers were just standard decals. From memory I kept the white background standard size, but had to size the numbers slightly to fit. Instructions for how to resize decals I think are at the bottom of the screen; think it is right controller paddle.
Here she is. EDIT: I based it on the Daytona used at Le Mans in 1965 by Peter Sutcliffe and Peter Harper.
daytona.jpg

By the way, could I have #9 for the Cobra 427 please?

Last edited:
Thanks for the prompt @half_sourly, I'd forgot to answer this.
Is anyone planning to get a PS5 and if so when do you expect to purchase?
Probably not, at least for some time anyway. I only bought a PS4 after they'd released the Pro model, and even then not until they'd enabled its boost mode, so the same may well happen again. Money is also a somewhat tighter this time around as well, but we'll see what comes about.

I'm happy PC3 is being released for the PS4 and I'm sure that'll keep me occupied for a good while. Although I'm not rushing into purchasing that either (unless there's a "can't miss" pre-order deal).

Great video, John. I love Thruxton; when I did motorcycle racing, that was one of my favourite tracks. Fast, flowing, proper scary around Church and always a chance for an overtake at the Club chicane.
Those Minis seems to have a bit more grip and stability than ours though...

Great video, John. I love Thruxton; when I did motorcycle racing, that was one of my favourite tracks. Fast, flowing, proper scary around Church and always a chance for an overtake at the Club chicane.
Those Minis seems to have a bit more grip and stability than ours though...

Thanks half, really good watching British Superbikes, from their, like track a lot. Old Silverstone, we have is nearest to, layout. What bikes, did you race half, expensive, though, I would have thought.

I raced Formula 400. Old Kawasaki ZXR 400 from the '90s; no fancy electronics and relatively easy to maintain. Most expensive thing (after the initial lay-out of bike, tyre warmers, gazebo, generator, etc., etc.) was always the tyres. And in British weather you always had to have an extra set of wheels with wet tyres ready too. Good fun, but the falls became a bit hard on the old body after a while, so now PS4 has to provide the adrenaline kick.

I raced Formula 400. Old Kawasaki ZXR 400 from the '90s; no fancy electronics and relatively easy to maintain. Most expensive thing (after the initial lay-out of bike, tyre warmers, gazebo, generator, etc., etc.) was always the tyres. And in British weather you always had to have an extra set of wheels with wet tyres ready too. Good fun, but the falls became a bit hard on the old body after a while, so now PS4 has to provide the adrenaline kick.
Yes the British can be a problem, for people watching, by great fun, that can't get on TV. Got any photos bike.

Back