Holding camera angles???

Discussion in 'GT4 Drifting Videos' started by ViXeN, Sep 28, 2005.

1. ViXeN

ViXeN

I’m not so sure this is the right place for this, but it’s the place that I feel is most related to my question.

I heard that if you take all the songs out of your jukebox and go to the sync replay, the camera angle will only change when you hit X… This is not happening. It stays on one angle a lot longer now, but still changes every so often… Is there something else I should do?

2. Droptop_Chick

Droptop_Chick

3. Swift

Swift Staff Emeritus

Amazing what can happen on little forums isn't it? heh heh.

Yeah, I'm pretty proud of figuring it out first(to my knowledge) but Boundary layer had a big hand in it as well.

4. Ske

Ske Premium

I had a weird experience with this.. when I first got my capture card, i didn't even have to eject the disc to freeze the angles.. but after I rebooted my PS2 this Saturday, nothing I did would make it hold the angles more than 5-6 seconds. Not even after I did everything that thread suggested did it work :(

I'm using a PAL (EU) version of the game though, dunno if they changed something there or not.. it's weird anyway.

5. ViXeN

ViXeN

OK, so this "dive" replay, is that the syncronised replay?

6. Ske

Ske Premium

I assume it is ;) South Africa = PAL version? It's called synchronised replay for me too, but NTSC version may have called it "dive"...

7. ViXeN

ViXeN

Cool cool Ske, Thanks dude…

That replay trick looks cool, I can’t wait to try it tonight…

Basically,
    1. leave only 1 song in your race play list in Jukebox
    2. Go into the replay (dive/synchronised)
    3. Eject Disk
    4. Use X to change angles

8. Boundary Layer

Boundary Layer Premium

ya, they're the same thing

9. nitro_2005

nitro_2005

won't this corrupt your game if you do it too many times?

10. Ambiguity

Ambiguity

So then when do you close they tray back up again? Can you do it right away or do you have to wait until after the replay? And yeah, has this ever corrupted someones memory?

11. nk4e

nk4e

The game would just return normally, I tried a similar trick on a different game ( Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero) though it has ruined the game over the many times I have tried it.
    The only possible way to corrupt your memory is to turn off the PS2 or take out your Memory card during the saving time.( hence the warnings it will give you) probably the only damage would be is your laser on your PS2 but who knows.

12. Ambiguity

Ambiguity

It's probably smart to take this disc out, I've heard you can get what they call "disc burn in" if you leave a disc on a frozen screen for too long(which is kinda what your doing here).

13. nk4e

nk4e

Well the trick is during a Boss race, you take out the disc for a few seconds to force the boss to race you.