Hollow's Cars - X5M

• Thread starter Hollow
  • 79 comments
Honestly, this photo:

It's left me wondering; are ALL cars in Abu Dhabi white? It really seems like no one has the creativity to choose a new colour. :(

Mostly white yes, because white is easily available at dealerships here (no wait for months), and can be easily worked on if your bumpers get scratched or damaged. Though usually, the more expensive the car is, the more creativity you'll find with colors here. :)

Nice Lexus IS300 (Didn't even know they still had the "IS300," So used to the US-Spec IS350 and IS250). Awesome color combo for the interior of the BMW as well. The two-tone interior really makes it a nice place to sit in. :D Hope to see pictures of the exterior of the 535i. 👍

Thanks!

We just have the IS200/300 in the UAE, and I used to have this huge misconception about the engines and HP of the IS300 and IS350. I used to think that they are both the same, and the 300 is equivalent to the 350. But yeah Azuremen showed me the light, which I'm not glad about.

Last edited:
Mostly white yes, because white is easily available at dealerships here (no wait for months), and can be easily worked on if your bumpers get scratched or damaged. Usually, the more expensive the car is, the more creativity you'll find with colors here. :)

Wow, interesting reasons.

So you have three cars? Nice 👍 How does the BMW compare to the Lexus?

Thanks! :dopey:

Also comparison in what aspect? Both cars are in a different category and can't be properly compared.

But generally the BMW has way better handling, and is great to drive in sport. There are times though when it feels heavy, bulky, and lacking grip and feel of the road.

So, You sold the Z for being more comfy and carrying more people? Where are them pictures eh? :lol:

So, You sold the Z for being more comfy and carrying more people? Where are them pictures eh? :lol:

Yeah sort of :lol:, you would do the same when your back breaks apart from driving it daily. Updated the OP with pics, car sort of dusty due to sand in the wind, it usually looks better when clean lol.

Last edited:
Thanks! :dopey:

Also comparison in what aspect? Both cars are in a different category and can't be properly compared.

But generally the BMW has way better handling, and is great to drive in sport. There are times though when it feels heavy, bulky, and lacking grip and feel of the road.

So the Lexus is the one you drive for fun, the Bimmer is more comfortable. Got it. Of course, both are comfortable and fun, that goes without saying. Nice looking Z, btw. have you had any problems with the brake fluid overheating? It's a known issue with the 370Z.

If the 535i is in your shopping list, I suggest you look at the 335i or the 328i too.

The IS300 is in a different level compared to the 535i, the IS is in the same league as the 3 series, whereas the 535i is in the GS league.

The 328i is very nice, too.

BobbyBRAKEaNek
... lol..BMW for the win. :sly:

Same here ;). I'm a diehard BMW fan, and so is my mom (sort of), but my dad loves Infiniti's :lol:

Actually, the Infiniti M37S/M56S isn't bad either.

My dad had a 2009 G37S coupe (7speed) and he loved that car sooo much. That is, until he had to return it due to the lease ending. He saw the M37S, and even though the launch isn't as fast, it PULLS. As for comfort, the BMW may be smoother, but the Infiniti is great in its own way.

We looked at the BMW 535i, the Lexus GS, and the Audi A6 3.0t, but somehow my dad liked the Infiniti M37S. The M56 is good, too.

But in the end of the day, you also need to be financially comfortable with your purchase, too! 👍

Wish you luck in your shopping, Hollow! 👍

But if you add the 3 series to your list, please consider one. That is the Ultimate Driving Machine, the PERFECT vehicle. It's easily my most favorite car.

I'm gonna say yes, based off how young she looks, unless if her parents aren't traditional Arabs.

She is from the United Arab Emirates, which has always been somewhat more liberal, in regards of religion. I don't, honestly, believe that you can bring state or religion into this.

Of course, you could say that Hollow looks young, and pretty, and I won't argue. But, bringing in assumptions of religions based on state, is not as compelling of an argument.

Of course, Hollow is obviously successful, seeing as how she has the cars, which are the real topics at hand. 👍 Good job, Hollow. You don't need to worry about what these... typical men say.

Are you single? (NOT making sexual advances):embarrassed:

So this is what you're up to... :sly: :ouch:

I had forgotten I made a thread in this section, and came back to find this.

Are you single? (NOT making sexual advances):embarrassed:

Good for the lulz. :dopey:

Have you had any problems with the brake fluid overheating? It's a known issue with the 370Z.

Thankfully not, but have read about this issue quite a few times.

We looked at the BMW 535i, the Lexus GS, and the Audi A6 3.0t, but somehow my dad liked the Infiniti M37S.

I think the M37S isn't bad compared to the cars mentioned, but in terms of looks, I don't think the Infiniti stands up to par with other cars in the same league.

Wish you luck in your shopping, Hollow! 👍

The shopping has long ended, this is the member's rides section. :P

Hollow
I had forgotten I made a thread in this section, and came back to find this.

Good for the lulz. :dopey:

Thankfully not, but have read about this issue quite a few times.

I think the M37S isn't bad compared to the cars mentioned, but in terms of looks, I don't think the Infiniti stands up to par with other cars in the same league.

The shopping has long ended, this is the member's rides section. :P

Oops :)

But about the M37, it has a lot of curves on it, which makes it stand out. Plus, those 20's :drool:

I noticed how I never got around to post exterior pics, sorry for the not so high quality and bad angles. Viewer discretion is advised for people who suffer from OCD. :lol:

Here is the BMW, I'll take more pics during day time because it's not fully showing how brown it is during nighttime.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender%201.jpg

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

Here is the IS as well, this was back in november last year when it was getting it's rims dipped in black (not my decision :lol:).

FullSizeRender%204.jpg

FullSizeRender%203.jpg

FullSizeRender%205.jpg

^

I'm in the same boat as you :lol: But I tell myself to agree with that FF stands for "Freakin Fugly", the only time it's not ugly is when you get in, start driving and imagine it to look like an F12 from the back.

Damn, just noticed that in the first few posts in this page I still had the IS. Would have pocketed a lot of money if I still had that car, though wouldn't have nearly as much fun :lol:
Dig the wheels on the F10!

^ what happened to your IS? Seems like you sold it for a faster car?
Yeah sold it for an older/faster car, an E39 M5. Still miss the smoothness of the Lexus and how much less it cost to maintain, but I don't regret my choice at all.

Back