Hollow's Cars - X5M

• Thread starter Hollow
  • 79 comments
That's unfortunate. Any CCTV, did it happen at residential parking? If so they might be local.

It happened with my car parked infront of the house. We don't have street cameras though in my area, so it's impossible to figure out who did it. 🤬

It happened with my car parked infront of the house. We don't have street cameras though in my area, so it's impossible to figure out who did it. 🤬
Hopefully the person who did it does the decent thing and turns up again. May have been in a rush and will be easy to spot if their cars not been repaired. I suppose it could have been worse but quite strange for someone to crash into a parked car like that and with that much force. At least you get to drive the Lexus more.

So I found out that insurance won't cover this because it's hard to prove that I didn't hit someone and parked my car back at the house myself. They told me it'll take a few days for the case to go through as a hit and run, but most likely it'll end up against me.

So I found out that insurance won't cover this because it's hard to prove that I didn't hit someone and parked my car back at the house myself. They told me it'll take a few days for the case to go through as a hit and run, but most likely it'll end up against me.
Don't know how insurance is over there but here in the UK probably cheaper not to claim. A while back my brother had someone go into his BMW 3 Series when it was parked in a car park. They also did a hit and run. Broke right rear light, scuffing wasn't as bad as yours though. He decided to get it fixed at his own cost as not worth the hassle with insurance with high chance of it rising more and risking no claims discount.

Seems like strange logic by the insurance company on a hit and run, anyway best of luck in your claim 👍.

So the hospital I frequent at only has valet parking. All my rims have curb rashes now, and an apology from the valet guy who did it. :(

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Unlucky again, would have thought they'd offer to cover costs of a refurb than just an apology. I guess not really important as probably happen again if you go there often, does seem counterproductive the service though if it makes you worry about what will happen to your car on top of why you're there in the first place.

What is it with people getting their Range Rovers in white even though they offer some perfectly good not-white colour options, which make the car look less like the one car dealerships give to people who want to test drive a Range Rover?

:P

Been awhile since I updated this thread. It feels very odd to see pics of the IS300 and 530 back when they were new. 530 was sold last year and the IS300 got sold more than 6 months ago. I graduated to a X5M and boy does this car make me smile. :D I never thought of myself as an M enthusiast per say but I'm starting to understand the appeal.

I see no can of beans in an area only the owner can readily get to, so I refuse to believe you.

But really, what's going on with the X5?

I see no can of beans in an area only the owner can readily get to, so I refuse to believe you.

But really, what's going on with the X5?

I guess I can break tradition and go with a can of hummus? :dopey:

The X5 is now 5 years old, and warranty runs out early next year. The most recent problem is (I’m assuming) the rear air suspension leaking both sides. I’ve noticed it sitting way lower than normal after I leave it overnight.

The transmission was replaced a few months ago since the shifting was really rough suddenly, downshifts in particular. I thought I was doing something wrong until I got it checked weeks later.

It’s selling at a good price at the moment so that might be an option. I love the car but post warranty after market fixing isn’t something I can get done easily, and in my experience, these newer bimmers just start having issues at the 5 year mark for some reason.

It’s selling at a good price at the moment so that might be an option. I love the car but post warranty after market fixing isn’t something I can get done easily, and in my experience, these newer bimmers just start having issues at the 5 year mark for some reason.

I haven't heard any good stories of X5M ownership, especially long-term. There are a lot of things that can go wrong.

I guess I can break tradition and go with a can of hummus? :dopey:

The X5 is now 5 years old, and warranty runs out early next year. The most recent problem is (I’m assuming) the rear air suspension leaking both sides. I’ve noticed it sitting way lower than normal after I leave it overnight.

The transmission was replaced a few months ago since the shifting was really rough suddenly, downshifts in particular. I thought I was doing something wrong until I got it checked weeks later.

Probably the same reason Apple phones tend to go wonky after 2 years. It's the company's way of reminding you to upgrade.

Back