Holy Cow 1.6 Billion Powerball

450 million divided by 82 is 5.4 million a year.

I mean, lets just say you spend a maximum of 2 million a year. That leaves you with about 286 million left when you turn 100 years old.
I wasn't try to have a discussion about how much money you could live on. I was just mentioning that I didn't think the $615 million figure was close to being correct.

The annuity is stupid. All of the things worth buying as a half-billionaire cost more than 2 million. Why should you have to save your money for ten years to buy your yacht/plane when you could have already enjoyed it for ten years and then sold it?

Four numbers. Not all in the same game though. Over ten games.

No, not really. If it's really that bad, there is nothing stopping you from giving it all away. You are better off in any regard.
Financial wise, sure. I'm sure what kikie is referring to is how your social life is going to change.

One of the biggest to-do's after winning is hiring a lawyer, and learning how to say "No", whether directly or indirectly. With anonymity only available in 6 states (because that give your state a percentage is a bunch of BS), you will find yourself the center of attention with people you don't know.

It's really odd here that people nearly always choose to go public that they have won even though they have the option to remain anonymous.
In the UK, I guess if they allow you the option. Stateside, that's not really possible unless you believe in "buying" your privacy by giving a percentage to the state for.

Most likely just people getting over-excited and wanting to share how lucky they are. :/

3 winning tickets were sold. I believe that the winning amount is split into thirds now and at 533 million is where the taxing comes into play. The entire winnings will only be around 375 million at most via annuity.

It's really odd here that people nearly always choose to go public that they have won even though they have the option to remain anonymous.
Yea i cant understand that, as someone who has been very poor then flush with cash then hard up again, i can tell you i would not let a single soul know i won the lotto if i won it. Even if some people dont want your money, they want to be ascociated with you because it givesthem higher status in their own mind. Of course they're gone when your money has too.
In the UK, I guess if they allow you the option. Stateside, that's not really possible unless you believe in "buying" your privacy by giving a percentage to the state for.

Most likely just people getting over-excited and wanting to share how lucky they are. :/
Sounds like such a scam

Our company pool won grand total of $8. They were rolled into tickets for this Saturday's drawing. Wish us luck. :lol:

What is with the multiplier I saw on the draw.
Are the winnings multiplied by 2 if you chose to have the multiplier play?

When I first saw the thread, I mistakenly read "1.6 billion Polandball".

Then, after getting the title right, I figured it was about one of those balls that you put in your hand, and that help you train your muscles, or something.

The joys of learning new terms.

When I first saw the thread, I mistakenly read "1.6 billion Polandball".

Then, after getting the title right, I figured it was about one of those balls that you put in your hand, and that help you train your muscles, or something.

The joys of learning new terms.

If you really didn't know what Powerball is, then maybe you should put something factual for your location.

Latest Posts

Back