"Homemade" JGTC cars

• Thread starter Korndawg
  • 2 comments
I was suprised not to find anything on this subject (maybe I didn't look hard enough:scared:) But I'm trying to build a bunch of my own custom tuned cars to race in the JGTC and other racing series. Specifically the Nismo 270R, mine isn't fully tuned (only 489 hp) but I've been working on setups for each individual race on the list.
So far the only one I have fully completed is the first race (Tokyo) and I have come up with what I think is a good one 👍 it's not built for ultimate fast laps, it's a setup that feels smooth and lets me keep up nicely with the top cars, while at the same time not having to baby the car so the tires last. You can drive the car hard and keep putting in pretty consistent lap times.. So here ya go, if anyone can be bothered to try it out, tell me what you think I'd love to hear it good or bad.

-SETTINGS- ('only' 489 hp and no nitrous)

Tires--
R2 (front)
R3 (rear)

Brake Balance--
9 (front)
8 (rear)

Spring Rate--
9.0 (f)
9.5 (r)

Ride Height--
90 (f)
92 (r)

Shock Bound--
5 (f)
6 (r)

Shock Rebound--
8 (f)
8 (r)

Camber Angle--
2.5 (f)
1.5 (r)

Toe Angle--
+1 (f)
0 (r)

Stabilizers--
3 (f)
3 (r)

-GEARING-

Auto Set-- 20
Final Drive-- 4.481
1st Gear-- 2.410
2nd Gear-- 1.447
3rd Gear-- 1.006
4th Gear-- 0.783
5th Gear-- 0.649

Downforce--
30 (f)
20 (r)

LSD Initial-- 30
LSD Accel-- 45
LSD Decel-- 20

Ballast-- 0kg

~NOTE~ I made 2nd gear rather long and turned up the LSD because I don't use any TCS or ASM, the car could possibly be faster with them but I prefer it without 👍

It's an interesting idea, Korndawg and one that I've doodled with myself (except using British and German cars).

What race series were you competing in with the above car and what laptimes were you getting? That sort of information might help people to help you, if you catch my meaning, as they can then do relative comparisons between their efforts and your own.

The only thing that leaps out from the settings you list above is something you mention yourself ... that LSD Initial is way too high (the Diff must be as stiff as molasses :D). A high initial can cause snap reactions from the drive wheels under stressed conditions, altho' it can also give very good straight-line speed response. So the only thing I would suggest is wind the LSD I down and click the Damper Rebounds up.

Horses for courses tho' ... in other words what I might like will very probably not match your own driving style (it's the one truism of GT :)).

Yep I'll get some lap times up later today probably 👍 the race series is the All Japan GT Championship (10 races with the supra, nsx etc race cars). And I'll try out your suggestions for the LSD and suspension and see how it works for me.

I lowered the LSD, raised the rebound, lowered the ride height and the rear stabilizer, and strengthend the brakes (changes made to setting list in first post) and my fastest lap was something around 1'37.3xx but more consistenly it runs low to mid 1'38s. <-(this is at Tokyo)- It's probably horribly slow compared to alot of the pro guys on here, but it's not bad for me - especialy considering it is definately fast enough to keep pace with the AI 👍

Back