• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 4 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
How many of you seen that commercial talking about Honda's racing success? How many of you seen MotorWeek's coverage of what is inside the Honda museum? In America, we've established that Honda is a love-or-hate car company. Perhaps, Honda is the most successful car company in Japan, if not the world. So here are the rules of engagement here. This is all about Honda in motorsports. Two-wheelers, get your fix here, like my favorite motorcycle racing leauge, MotoGP. Perhaps you may have seen Honda motorcycles race the Paris-Dakar rally. And what Gran Turismo player HASN'T seen a JGTC NSX? Look at the Nakajima Mobil 1 NSX, the red-orange hue of the Autobacs NSX, or my favorite one, the Raybrig NSX. I also like the NSX that won in class at Le Mans in 1996 (correct?) courtesy of Team Kunimitsu. I seen some sort of Castrol Accord that looked like a touring car. Maybe you can teach me on what that Accord raced and in what year. Maybe you want to talk about Honda-sponsored or dedicated drag and road racing events. Don't like asphalt or dirt? Maybe water will tickle your fancy. Perhaps you seen Hondas in action on the water. And let's not forget how much Honda OWNS the pack in the IRL, including the biggest win this year at Motegi (when they OWN3D everyone, even their IRL rivals Toyota). Also, don't forget (then) CART's titles with the mad scientist of CART Racing, Chip Ganassi winning four straight with names like Jimmy Vasser, Alessandro (or Alex) Zanardi, and one of my favorite drivers, Juan Pablo Montoya.

Anything related to Honda motorsport whether it's motocross up to Formula One, is welcome here for discussion. All that's needed now is your reply to kick things off.

I won a national IKF karting championship and two regional championships using the same Honda CR80 dirt bike engine. Aside from the carb, pipe and blueprinting, the motor was 100% stock. The CR80 class for years was the most popular road racing class for karts on the West Coast. Inexpensive, dead reliable, and easy to tune, this Honda engine was was one of the best things ever to happen to improve the performance, reliability, cost and fun of kart racing.

Back