Honda Civic - 10th/11th Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 641 comments
You're talking about the company with a 13 year old halo car, and a 16 year old pickup & 12 year old sportscar that are just being replaced... I know you work for them and all, but effort's pretty much been thrown out the window ages ago.

And besides, an SE-R with a CVT?
Season 4 No GIF by The Office
I never said anything about a CVT. And they went through a lot in that time, hence some projects were put on the back burner. The current Sentra is quite honestly the best "base" they have had for a performance version in a LONG time. Chassis is good, suspension is good, steering feel is good. They can build on that.

Last edited:
It's a shame they probably won't resurrect the Civic wagon, because I quite like the front end and think it would go well with a wagon rear.

These are starting to pop up everywhere and everytime I see one all I can see is this.....
stumpnose_1_640_427_70.jpg

Never expected it to be AWD.
Never did, but from a marketing standpoint it being AWD would've been a slam dunk. It would've instantly been the greatest thing Honda had ever done and put Subaru on suicide watch.

Never did, but from a marketing standpoint it being AWD would've been a slam dunk. It would've instantly been the greatest thing Honda had ever done and put Subaru on suicide watch.
I just don't get the fascination with AWD. 😅

I just don't get the fascination with AWD. 😅
That's because you live in Arizona lmao. Parking lot snow doriftos are great fun, even in my Sequoia. A WRX is a genuinely useful year-round sporty car which is partly why it's so popular - about 60% of people in the US and everybody in Canada needs to get to work on a snowy morning and an AWD Type R with snow tires would be an absolute machine to do it in. Plus SH-AWD genuinely makes the car handle better. It would be a win-win across the board.

Last edited:
Where I live, Subarus(mainly petrol engines) are seen as good cars. Loose gravel and torrential rains are probably the only uses for awd.

Not sure if I missed it along the way, but the Si will not be coming in hatchback form, which is a bit disappointing.

Quick video from savagegeese on a manual Civic:

I put a deposit down on a Civic Hatchback end of last month. Sport trim, K20 with 6 speed in Sonic Grey. Car doesn't even have a set manufacture date yet so it's gonna take a few months to get it but I am really looking forward to it.
They still have K20's? Thought they got rid of those back on the 8th gen.

My Civic is getting built this week and should be here for me to pick up sometime next month.
They still have K20's? Thought they got rid of those back on the 8th gen.
Like already said the 10th and 11th gens have K20s available as the base engine, I was surprised myself they still kept it for the 11th gen, I expected it to be dropped and the L15 be the only engine option, like with the CR-V.

Last edited:
Back