Honda Civic - 10th/11th Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 641 comments
Man, the Hatchback Sport looks clean next to the Type R...

2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-front-three-quarter.jpg

2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-rear-three-quarter.jpg

Who's going to be first to swap the motor?

This is one of those cars that will never grow on me. Don't like the styling at all.

It's gross. It's a shame too because I do like the civic's roots, even as no-frills as they were, they worked. This is trying hard to be something it's not. It seems that auto makers are going through a major ugly car phase trying to design every car to look like this:

3c140447fe277bf199ab5693d8b350a5.jpg

Check this out.

19598446.jpg

I'm sorry, but $31k for a Civic Si......are they nuts? I paid $19k for my Elantra Sport with incentives (the guy who posted this photo said the dealer is NOT offering any discounts) and really the only difference between the two cars is that mine doesn't have adjustable suspension and is missing a limited slip differential. Both of which are worth nowhere near the $12k price difference.

The new Si isn't special. It's barely got more power than a stock hatchback Civic Sport. Throw an LSD and a good tune on the hatch and now we're talking. I'm still on the hunt for a super-low mileage 2012-2015 Si.

Oops, my mistake. I'm on a buzz because I saw a Type R today. Looked okay but sounded great as it flew by my huge Freightliner diesel chugging along in a 45 mph with its big old turbo whirling away. He had to be doing 80 or so, flooring it.

I like the Civics. Got a 94 hatch and had a 02 hatch also. I'd buy one of these new Type Rs if I had the income to match the cost now.

Check this out.

View attachment 657215

I'm sorry, but $31k for a Civic Si......are they nuts? I paid $19k for my Elantra Sport with incentives (the guy who posted this photo said the dealer is NOT offering any discounts) and really the only difference between the two cars is that mine doesn't have adjustable suspension and is missing a limited slip differential. Both of which are worth nowhere near the $12k price difference.
It's the add-ons that drove the price up as the car MSRP'd at $24.7K which is far more reasonable for a Si. The tint, wheel locks, mudguards, and trunk tray are all overpriced. I don't think we charge that much for any of that through Lexus, and we're not allowed to just mark up cars for any reason.

My buddy was invited to check out a Type R he was on the list for earlier in the year (went for a Golf R instead). They ended up asking $5,000 over sticker and told him anyone who put a deposit down took their cars home the same day. None of it sat well with him in comparison to what he was told back in Feb. He's more happy with his choice now.

god that's ugly...I liked the Civic concept car from 2014 but the production model was horrible to look at...this is even worse
I saw a Type R this weekend. I personally like it, but they're are too many fake vents all around the car.

_DSC0596-35
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC0597-36
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC0601-39
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

Like what's the point of those two on the rear?

_DSC0608-43
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

50% of the fender vents are fake.

_DSC0610-44
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

I'm sorry, but $31k for a Civic Si......are they nuts?

Seems rather absurd. My most recent configuration rang up at $26k, adding the sporty tires and wheels. Seems a bit high considering the Focus ST available next door, or as you point out, the Elantra down the street. Honda has done a great job with packaging on the Sport, and I think that's where part of the premium has to be coming from. Yes, the Hyundai has similar standard features, but the Civic has one big thing going for it... it's a Civic. People will pay top dollar to have the popular one first.

Rode my bike over to the Honda dealer this morning and saw the Si in person for the first time. Sticker said just under $24k...Not a bad price, but I'd have a tough time choosing it over a MX-5 or the upcoming Fiesta ST if the USA gets it...I cross-shop based on price. I don't discriminate against particular body styles or drivetrains and such.

Another dealer asking $20,000 over sticker.
80-img_7844_2fc37bc158496a6edf7b20cdefad551ec3c438bc.jpg

You could buy some serious performance cars for that kind of money. :odd:

I don't care if I was a millionaire and walked in waving cash I still wouldn't pay a market adjustment. Just dealers being greedy.

Honda appears to be testing two new variants of the Civic Type R. The first one is a (very subtle) facelift of the current model:
honda-civic-type-r-facelift-spy-photos.jpg

The next model is more interesting as it features a smaller wing. Subaru launched a discreet version of the hawk-eye WRX STI in the UK without the massive wing, this could be a similar variant.
honda-civic-type-r-facelift-spy-photo.jpg

Honda appears to be testing two new variants of the Civic Type R. The first one is a (very subtle) facelift of the current model:

The next model is more interesting as it features a smaller wing. Subaru launched a discreet version of the hawk-eye WRX STI in the UK without the massive wing, this could be a similar variant.

It might be a Type-S.

honda-civic-type-s_887_1.jpg

I live in the US. So, our first Civic Type R. I drive a truck all over Columbus, Ohio (Honda car and engine plant right up the road from me), and I see maybe one a month. Corvettes and Porsches are dime a dozen, and the occasional Lamborghini or Ferrari are even spotted more often. Focus RS aren't too often, maybe once every other week.

Accords are literally, every fifth car. Same with lower trim Civics. Fits. I'll guess that the Type R won't stay here long…

Back