Honda Civic - 10th/11th Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 641 comments
VXR
It's so pig ugly that any attempt to fix it is warranted.
I was going to say that his car is an abomination but refrained myself from doing so. But reading your post, I suddenly had the urge to speak up. :P

honda-civic-type-r-facelift-spy-photos.jpg

Idk why but the front end reminds me of this :
images (33).jpg

After seeing one at the dealer last week, I like it. Looks better in the flesh. Way better than the FK2. Also, 20" wheels don't look so big on these new cars.

Yeah, on the freeway yesterday I saw a Civic Type R and an Elise side by side. A rare sight for sure, where I'm at anyways. The Elise was about half the height. Or 2/3rds maybe. But yeah, my '94 Civic hatch race car is so small compared to new Civics, and almost everything on the road really, it's surprising.

I like new Civics and would probably just get the crappy one with the small motor and manual transmission and be having a good time. Factory turbo Civic? Yep.

Hmm, should I buy wheels for my CTR or buy a DC5 ITR?
IMG_6462.JPG

Although they’re the same diameter as the Type R’s standard wheels, the white-painted aluminium alloys with red centre cap are forged rather than cast, making them stronger and a significant 2.1kg lighter per wheel.

Improving handling and grip by reducing unsprung mass and improving suspension response, Honda says the ‘forging scraping process’ used to manufacture the wheels enables the sword-like spoke design similar to the wheels on the NSX-GT race car that competes in the SuperGT GT500 Series.

The only catch is that a set of four is priced at a cool $14,000. :eek:

Is the 2019 Sport finally out yet? It wasn't last time I checked a month ago. Dealers were still waiting for stock to arrive. I want to see the yellow in person!

Two new variants have been added to the Type R family, starting with the Sport Line. This exchanges the large rear wing for a tamer fixture, removes red highlights from the exterior, features grey wheels and an alcantara black interior with red stitching. It's tamer than the standard Type R, but still looks far more aggressive than most of its competitors.
type_r_sport_line_front_34.jpg

type_r_sport_line_rear_34.jpg

type_r_sport_line_seats.jpg

Next up is the Limited Edition which is the lightweight, track-ready variant which removes the air-con and infotainment system in EU spec cars, but these stay on US models. There are other weight-saving measures in place, plus all 600 LE cars come in Phoenix Yellow.
type_r_limited_edition_front_34.jpg

type_r_limited_edition_rear_34.jpg

You can say whatever you want but this is such an ugly overstyled car but for some reason it is appealing.

You can say whatever you want but this is such an ugly overstyled car but for some reason it is appealing.

The main reason I find the Type R range appealing is because it is overstyled to the point you will not mistake it for anything else in the class, which is difficult to say for a lot of modern hatchbacks. Even the Sport Line keeps the extended fenders, vortex generators and wild assortment of vents and exhausts; I doubt you will find another car featuring all of these add-ons.

There have been BMW M5 CS spy shots doing rounds on the internet which looks very similar to this, I initially thought this was a new BMW M2 Gran Coupe or something, especially from this angle:
2022-Honda-Civic-TypeR-Scoop-20.jpg

Interestingly, Honda plans to electrify its entire lineup by 2022 (at least in Europe), so this could be the first Type R with Hybrid technology.

Hopefully it's less ugly.
My prediction is that Honda is going to tone it down. The Type-R was never an aggressive, flashy car and was always kind of subdued looking. I think Honda has taken note that many purists were disappointed by how fussy the current Type-R looks.

The upcoming Type-R seems to have a smaller wing, which I guess is a good sign.

Now what we need is to keep the factory turbo engine's going but Honda needs to revolutionize their motor. The s2k needs a come back and Mugen needs to start making the parts available to us in the US easier. We need to have the CRZ equipped with the 1.5 t engine and Honda needs to get their electric motors goin so where we can use gas or electric or engage em both and have screaming power. Honda needs to go back to its roots making cars affordable wider yes and better suspension but keep bettering the motors and keep the makes and models clean but budget friendly. The affordability and the interchangable parts to build a cost effective yet be able to make the car so it smashed with that VTEC kick in hella hard even harder than previous people who mod their Honda's

Back