Honda Civic - 10th/11th Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 641 comments
The rear wing and taillight treatment is sweet but the car overall is just ridiculous. And the exhaust, really?

Zorsts aside, I think that looks pretty awesome. Just replace the zorst with one offset to the right and it would look great. I always hated those 4 pipes even on the corvette, just looks like someone has stuck a set of throttle bodies in the rear bumper.

Groan.

- Mega-high arches above wheel wells look like a Botox victim.
- Back window has pointless tear coming from edge of eye.
- Fake rear openings for some mysterious under-car aerodynamic effect that never really existed
- Big rectangular pouty grille for no reason so it shares a look with a Ford F250.
- Lots of frontal chamfers, tips, and wedges that we'll thankfully never see in the production nor base version.
- Chromey window mouldings for extra pizazzyness to impress co-workers.
- Giant Escalade-sized logo.

Just build it. For so long people have been screaming build the concept car. Now people are complaing it's too over the top. We know it won't look exactly like the concept. Just build it. If people don't like it. They won't buy it.

The last time Honda previewed a new generation concept the concept looked like this:
12_honda_civic_coupe1.jpg

This the actual car looked like this:
2012-honda-civic-si-coupe-front-angle-picture.jpg

Chances are the new Civic Concept is a fairly accurate representation of the upcoming Civic Si.

For some reason, the coupe looks like it would be a liftback.

I thought the same thing, got way too excited, and then a bit disappointed. I'm actually really surprised that the coupe doesn't have a liftback, either. So, we must be only getting the sedan and coupe this year, and we've got a while to wait for the hatch? Or the hatch is only available as a Type-R?

VXR
That looks so old hat compared to the last two European Civics.

Yeah the NA Civic's have looked terribly bland in comparison to the EU ones for over a decade. I'm surprised they don't bring more of the futuristic design language over there because this one looks like it fell out of the 90's

Patient drawing for the new Civic sedan and coupe

am5ukmov8uydbz8w2xoi.jpg

bmsapl1mzkmfcsz7ukal.jpg

ndyz0icfbq1eaumlhshk.jpg

cysvhiooo3bhfgxppi1e.jpg
jhjh37ssp0slsp8n7rov.jpg

vgjspsjdw7mhwr49g1tm.jpg

c0wtu1tzrdfcgonamwdc.jpg

Looks more like a refresh of the current Civic rather then a brand new one. Honda got a lot of criticism for doing that with the 9th gen. in 2011 and it looks like they haven't really learned their lesson.:indiff:

Looks more like a refresh of the current Civic rather then a brand new one. Honda got a lot of criticism for doing that with the 9th gen. in 2011 and it looks like they haven't really learned their lesson.:indiff:
I think its looking more like the current Accord, rather then the last civic.

I think its looking more like the current Accord, rather then the last civic.
It's beginning to form like that on the front. I really don't like that trunk's form, in a way, it just looks like it would be a tumor forming on the car.

tumblr_lpuiglI0SI1qabfx1o2_500.gif

I would let it slide if it was a liftback.

Back