1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,412 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Oooooooooo this is totally awesoome:
IMG_1733.JPG

Because:
1981_1694.jpg

Some cool stuff there. (Namely the 180SX, Simpson's car and the BTTF Flying Delorean) I'll probably never see most of them but cool stuff never the less. 👍
Ruined the Jag F-Type with those stupid large rear wheels.
Yep, and that stupid chin treatment.

Yep, that's hugely disappointing. Pass for me too.

Thought some of you may be interested in this from: http://lamleydlm.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/from-hw-nationals-96-nissan-180sx-type.html#comment-form

Love the Simpsons car, and the Hovering DeLorean, the 180SX Type X looks cool too (clearly inspired by Blistercards awesome custom work, imo, but glad Ryu Asada is bringing it to the masses). Looks like there's some other nice stuff there too. 👍

Well, here's my thoughts on the lineup:

Jaguar F-Type: F:censored: yeah!

HW's trademark "uplifting chin" on the car:
139.JPG

God dammit, Mattel. Driveclub shouldn't be the only thing to get the F-Type rendition right! :(

As for the rest, it is a pretty good lineup. Didn't know that the red Delorean is actually a hommage car (thanks @Cano for enlighting me), that just makes it even cooler in my eyes. The Time Machine shouldn't reallly need an explanation as to why it's awesome, same goes for the Simpsons family car (Simpsons diorama fans rejoice!). The Emiraj wins some bonus points for being the first new Caddy grille car to be recreated (I think?), but the true highlights are those Japanese cars.

The Hakosuka is sick, and the 180 Type X goes even further in the "smexy" scale. God bless Ryu Asada ineed... :drool:

Thanks for the info Doc, top job as ususal. Although you have to question one thing; you speak about preserving your wallet, but your other posts aren't wallet-friendly. What gives!? :lol:

Heh . . heh . . just for a moment there I saw a whole bunch of cheap HWs. Then the Stratos rallied the competition.

Well, the Stratos is great stuff indeed, but remember which company, between CM's and Mattel, still lives these days. I can tell you it's the company without a C in its name...

And some of the latest HWs are neat, despite some being basic models and such. Not all models can be pro-level, really.

Yeah, Jada! Jada, Jada, Jada! Jada FTW. I got lost of beautiful Jadas.

Well, the Stratos is great stuff indeed, but remember which company, between CM's and Mattel, still lives these days. I can tell you it's the company without a C in its name...

And some of the latest HWs are neat, despite some being basic models and such. Not all models can be pro-level, really.

IMO - Comparing HWs to any other model-car making company is apples to oranges. HW has its own special 'schtick'.
Let me put it this way: You get to choose between picking the original 16 or 100 CMs.
What would you go for?
If you went for the 16 - you are a HW Collector.

Dammit Doc, that's not what I meant! I don't even know what a Jada is, I'm that dense. :lol:

IMO - Comparing HWs to any other model-car making company is apples to oranges. HW has its own special 'schtick'.
Let me put it this way: You get to choose between picking the original 16 or 100 CMs.
What would you go for?

Jada's are that pretty? I need some researchin' on that topic...

And I know, HWs are the Kinder to CMs/Tomicas/Kyoshos/insert quality brand here Fabergé eggs. The Kinders are the cheaper eggs that everyone likes, even if they're not crafted with ze finest Swiss chocolate or something like that. But they're the affordable eggs, that's why so many, who lack the wallet, purchase them. If we want the Fabergés, we'll just get ourselves a TLV and that sort of high quality stuff.

There's scale cars for everyone, and that's the beauty of it. There's no real need to knock one, in favor of the other. In the end, we're all working for the same goal, right? To buy scale models of cars we love.

God damm that was one deep post. :lol:

Went to Wal Mart yesterday and picked up what I left behind Friday.

Got the other 3 pack with the burgundy GTO to go with my other one. Really like that Honda Racer, makes me wish I had gotten the Designer's Challenge release when it was available. :(
image.jpg

Of course, the 9 pack I mentioned earlier. I think this is the first large multi pack I have bought in years. I can't even remember my last 9 or 10 pack I bought, but I know it's been a while. The Jaded, the Corvette C6, and the '33 Ford are my 3 favorites that made me want to buy this, the Jaded especially. I just love the color combination. :D

image.jpg

This has been quite a week for picking up castings I haven't bought in years. I haven't had another Corvette C6 in nearly 9 years and the last time I got one of those '33 Ford's was back in around 2008 or 2009. Man time flies.....

What would you go for?
Me personally, it would be the 100 CM's. I have plenty HW's (not as many as some here), but that still makes me a HW Collector.

Oh, and by the way, Jadas are awful (imo). :lol:

There's scale cars for everyone, and that's the beauty of it. There's no real need to knock one, in favor of the other. In the end, we're all working for the same goal, right? To buy scale models of cars we love.

So much this. Wish I could give you multiple likes for that one. 👍 We're all here for the same reason. Can't we just post and share the cars that we love to collect (whatever brand they may be) without any drama? Jeez. :crazy:

Last edited:
"CM's uses a single piece to mold their wheel and tires."

"Yeah, you're right. It'd be kickass if they used rubber tires like other brands."

"Omg burn this disrespectful mother- for merely stating a FACT! CM's can't help it!"

cm's subaru impreza wrx acropolis sainz

edit: OMFG. Lamley got this Corvette:

10361392_901424746570182_6665537108408922272_n.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
So much this. Wish I could give you multiple likes for that one. 👍 We're all here for the same reason. Can't we just post and share the cars that we love to collect (whatever brand they may be) without any drama? Jeez. :crazy:

Glad to hear my post made enough sense to warrant multiple likes, haha. Well, I can't really add more to what I said, let's just keep on enjoying the stuff people post here. And speaking of that:

"CM's uses a single piece to mold their wheel and tires."

"Yeah, you're right. It'd be kickass if they used rubber tires like other brands."

"Omg burn this disrespectful mother- for merely stating a FACT! CM's can't help it!"

cm's subaru impreza wrx acropolis sainz

edit: OMFG. Lamley got this Corvette:

10361392_901424746570182_6665537108408922272_n.jpg

God damm, I didn't notice that 'Vette last time, that looks quite badass. Is there any haul that Lamley does that doesn't rule the world? I doubt it... :crazy: :drool:

Still love that Datsun, though. 10 out of 5, that's how much I love it.
This months AmiAmi stuff arrived.
View attachment 340575

Nissan GT-R N Attack package & Round Australia trial Toyopet Crown.

And as good as the Nissan is, honestly the Toyopet steals the show. Great model.

Oh look, someone else with a TLV R35, what a surprise. Damm rich people... :rolleyes:

Ah, don't worry, I am only kidding. Great models, that Toyopet is truly a work of art, with or without decals it's still one of TLV's finest models. The GT-R doesn't fall that far behind, but seriously, Tomica definitely did their best with the Toyopet. The decals are just icing on the sushi, really. 👍

Went grocery shopping again.

View attachment 340617

For my collection. Finally found these two.

Could you believe I actually saw those two HWs myself yesterday? Didn't buy then sadly, but at least I found another decent place where they do have HW cars. Which is good, I guess.

Latest Posts

Back