1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,412 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Nice thread, I'll add a few pics soon! Right at this moment at my dest I spot my Ertl 1969 Charger Daytona (A car I have about 14 of in varying forms). That's 15 out of 1800 :lol:

Some of the key ones in my collection:

1:24th Scale
Most anything Dale Earnhardt, most prized is my 1999 War Wagon of which there's only 3000 world production... Have his 1975 RPM Dodge Charger, the Pink Crown Vic.. Multitudes.

1:64th Scale
Over 1800 Hotwheels, Matchbox, Ertl, Action Performance, a few Redline Wheel Hotwheels, a few Lesney England Matchboxes.. I have a bunch of "select" models still packaged including a few older first edition cars from hotwheels (1998 Jag D-type race car comes to memory) a few Final Run cars (An older tow rig and the original Charger Daytona) A treasure hunt car (2001 Midnight Otto), one car with mismatched name (Purple 1969 Chevy C10 in an Isuzu Vehicross package) and an assortment of more Dale Earnhardt cars.

Most prized I ever had was an original 1968 Hotwheels Deora that was still in the package. Included the special matching plastic collector button with the car. I was Lime Green with one yellow and one red surf board, which valued it at $475 at the point it was stolen from me. :mad:

Cheers,
Jetboy

Come to think of it, I have a growing Collection of Nascar 1:64s. Gonna see if I can get a good picture of them all.

I have heaps of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. They are mostly recent models but most of them are open. I have a few late 60's early 70's Matchbox cars and some original 1968 Hot Wheels (which are slightly damaged) Can't be bothered to count them all as I have so many (but not as many as others on this forum).

Nice thread and some nice models here 👍 Definitely gonna have to try and find that Porsche 997 GT-3 RS somewhere around here!

This is all I have with me at the moment, won at UKGTP11!

22092009950.jpg

I do have a few more at home but I've never really got into collecting Matchbox and the like, though I may start to a little more as they're so cheap so at the moment I really can't collect the models I used to. A number of the supermarkets around here have small racks with these on so I may go hunting...

EDIT: So, here are a few more:

24092009951.jpg

Not quite sure the BMW is rolling on such enormous wheels! The Porsche is a 997 and the Beetle is the RSi version.

Last edited:
:scared:I should have never entered this Thread!!!! I used to collect HW cars back in 1995 and had Treasure hunt sets, mail order, you name it all the way upto 2001. I even had the Blue Hot Wheels VW bus! Everything was sealed and put in plastic boxes etc. I sold off my collection back in 2003 or so. I did keep some of my favorites which I will have to get my camera out for. I still have my Boyd Coddington HW set also. Anyone collect Johhny Lightning? I have some "White Lightining's" from back in the day. Will post some pics.

Bloody hell I want your Ford GT LM and your Shelby Cobra R1600Turbo!!!

Anyway, I also have thet Matchbox Audi R8... Might want to get some more if I ever go out to the mall ;)

OOOH i have tons of hot wheels
And even some old matchbox cars that were my dads
Well they took alot of abuse when I was a small kid so they dont look so shiny.

But why not open them?
I know they have more collectors value then, but come on taking it out of the box and taking a good look is half the fun.

Added this to my (small) stable tonight. Impulse purchase...

DSC_3272.jpg

SHUN!!!:yuck::yuck::yuck:
Gosh, I hate the Roadster... Top Gear did both a TV report and a mag report about it... the article compared it to a MINI D!!
It costs a fortune, takes ages to recharge, and it's soooo noisy. Plus, it's not doing good for the Environment... shown below:

Tesla Roadster --> Electricity --> Power Lines --> Transformers --> More power Lines --> Coal power plants --> Fossil Fuels = BAD!!

Gosh, I hate the Roadster... Top Gear did both a TV report and a mag report about it... the article compared it to a MINI D!!
It costs a fortune, takes ages to recharge, and it's soooo noisy. Plus, it's not doing good for the Environment... shown below:

Tesla Roadster --> Electricity --> Power Lines --> Transformers --> More power Lines --> Coal power plants --> Fossil Fuels = BAD!!

WOW - Moar noysee den teh petril 1???//?/

And as for the electricity - in what way is it worse that petrol? Its bad - probably as bad as petrol, but how on earth is it worse? Because you have to charge it up? People buy these things for having fun on the weekend - and if they could afford it, I would think that they'd have something for DD.

Petrol is bad too - and then you have all the transport energy to get it refined here and sent there etc.

And the last time I bought a hotwheels - I seem to remember it didn't some with self propulsion - so I don't know how that whole thing comes into anything - especially when a hotwheels representation and the real thing are two different entities - otherwise I'm the proud owner of an Enzo and a Veyron.:P

Congratulations! You haven't got a clue!

It can be recharged very quickly (3 hours ish) with the right equipment - easily enough to charge during the average working day or over night - has easily the best range of any current electric car on sale (up to 313 miles, recently) which is usually an electric car shortcoming, and it's not even slightly noisy. Have you ever even heard an electric car? At anything over about 20mph the tyre and wind noise is louder than the motor.

As for where the power comes from... you seem to be conveniently forgetting the process for a fossil fuel powered car.

Searching for oil > Setting up drilling and piping equipment, oil rigs etc > Drilling for oil > Piping it to a refinery > Cracking crude oil into different fuel oils using a lot of energy > Transporting petrol and diesel throughout the country > Petrol stations (which themselves need electrical power to function) > Your car...

...and then the car produces emissions on top of that. And incidentally, a fifth of electricity produced in the UK is from relatively clean nuclear power. Including the area in which I live - so none of the miniscule electricity it takes to charge a Tesla would come from fossil fuels.

Yeah... what's really cleaner, eh? If you don't like the Tesla just because it's electric then fair enough. I'd probably think you were a bit narrow minded, but it'd just be your opinion. If you want to claim they're unclean, noisy though you're going to have to back that up with something other than heresay...

A few years ago I started hunting down the original Matchbox seris, the Lesney 1-75 series from the 1950s. Got them all now, though not all in vgc.
2779865700103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Have lots of other more modern stuff too.

Matchbox Lotus Exige
2653017770103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Some in various colours. Matchbox Lotus Evora & Exige
2963644420103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Similarto Matchbox-sized Sika Smart Roadster & Roadster-Coupé
2870049750103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

But I only buy them 'cos they're cheap and portray cars I like.

I find 1:43 scale is too expensive for what you get, so only buy special ones, such as cars I own/owned or find irresistible
Matra Murena
2546723920103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Lancia Beta Spider
2673522580103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Maseratis & Exige
1152466674_b0bc36226a_o.jpg

But I find 1:18 are better value for money – and the detail can be fanatstic
2480284850103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Dino
2830388680103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

XKSS
2375195980103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Artega GT
2785009930103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

I collect models of cars I've owned in any scale
My Speedster
2441886420103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

MyExige
2562442720103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm particularly collecting 1:18 models of cars that I've owned – the GT-R is intended next year!
2910485240103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

But a Matchbox can be nice too

You have an XKSS Model?!?!? :eek: Is that perchance chassis #54, Steve McQueen's version?

Cheers,
Jetboy

And as for the electricity - in what way is it worse that petrol? Its bad - probably as bad as petrol, but how on earth is it worse? Because you have to charge it up? People buy these things for having fun on the weekend - and if they could afford it, I would think that they'd have something for DD.

Petrol is bad too - and then you have all the transport energy to get it refined here and sent there etc.

And the last time I bought a hotwheels - I seem to remember it didn't some with self propulsion - so I don't know how that whole thing comes into anything - especially when a hotwheels representation and the real thing are two different entities - otherwise I'm the proud owner of an Enzo and a Veyron.:P

It can be recharged very quickly (3 hours ish) with the right equipment - easily enough to charge during the average working day or over night - has easily the best range of any current electric car on sale (up to 313 miles, recently) which is usually an electric car shortcoming, and it's not even slightly noisy. Have you ever even heard an electric car? At anything over about 20mph the tyre and wind noise is louder than the motor.

As for where the power comes from... you seem to be conveniently forgetting the process for a fossil fuel powered car.

Searching for oil > Setting up drilling and piping equipment, oil rigs etc > Drilling for oil > Piping it to a refinery > Cracking crude oil into different fuel oils using a lot of energy > Transporting petrol and diesel throughout the country > Petrol stations (which themselves need electrical power to function) > Your car...

...and then the car produces emissions on top of that. And incidentally, a fifth of electricity produced in the UK is from relatively clean nuclear power. Including the area in which I live - so none of the miniscule electricity it takes to charge a Tesla would come from fossil fuels.

Yeah... what's really cleaner, eh? If you don't like the Tesla just because it's electric then fair enough. I'd probably think you were a bit narrow minded, but it'd just be your opinion. If you want to claim they're unclean, noisy though you're going to have to back that up with something other than heresay...

Gosh, i must be that addicted than Top Gear, 'cause in the TV review, Jezza Clarkson did a small slide show from
Tesla Roadster --> Electricity --> Power Lines --> Transformers --> More power Lines --> Coal power plants --> Fossil Fuels

Gosh, i must be that addicted than Top Gear, 'cause in the TV review, Jezza Clarkson did a small slide show from ...

Woah - why do you think that electricity is being developed to power cars? Because petrol is bad too. Where does petrol come from?

Am i that dumb? :(

Off-topic..

Got the new StingRay Concept

IMG_1019.jpg

Does anybody know the secret on the Larry's Garage cars?

IMG_1017.jpg

I learned this at a car show. If you look on the bottom of the cars some will have an autogragh somewhere on the bottom. They are very hard to find, I've probably looked at around 200 and found about 6. But it's fun when you find one and it's not really known about.

IMG_1022.jpg

Added this to my (small) stable tonight. Impulse purchase...

DSC_3272.jpg

That's a handy touch, how they put the vehicle's top speed in the corner.....

:mischievous:👍

There are some very nice pics in here, but I'd like to see more!

Back