Hot Wheels Unleashed Available for Pre-Order, Launches September 30

Still can't get over the DLC model here.

There's a full-price base game, with two season passes you can also buy (or which are included in higher grade versions) AND specific racing season bundles which don't actually give you the cars but allow you to win them if you play through the additional challenges like a freemium mobile game.

spongebob squarepants interview GIF

Still can't get over the DLC model here.

There's a full-price base game, with two season passes you can also buy (or which are included in higher grade versions) AND specific racing season bundles which don't actually give you the cars but allow you to win them if you play through the additional challenges like a freemium mobile game.

spongebob squarepants interview GIF
100% Agree, it's aggressively annoying enough to be off putting, which is a same given how good the actual game is.

The DLC situation is the only thing holding me back from buying it. I'm gonna wait till it's dirt cheap on Steam. No way I'm supporting a company with such predatory sales tactics. Meanwhile basic features like livery/track search are not implemented...

It's a shame because I will probably never be able to get all cars, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I'm curious what the Expansion would look like. Would it be in SpongeBob's pineapple, The Krusty Krab or The Chum Bucket?

Last edited:
I've been super lucky recently. I finally completed the main campaign and got both the Hi-Po Mauler and VW Beach Bomb!

Also have almost all base game cars, just have 3 more Super Treasure Hunt cars.

Does anyone know what happens to the cars you miss on the season pass? I missed lv. 50 by three hours on the DC pass.:boggled:

Does anyone know what happens to the cars you miss on the season pass? I missed lv. 50 by three hours on the DC pass.:boggled:
AFAIK, you can't get them again...

I missed Harley Quinn as well and still beating myself up about it.

Hopefully they'll get enough demand from others to bring the cars back to either the Blind Boxes, Limited Offers or paid DLC again.

Wow so you pay for the DLC fort eh chance to win cars and if you don't win them you can't get them? That is pretty shiesty. So this is probably going to be a hard pass

To be fair, they give you 2 months to earn them and it’s just grinding, not skill-based.
On the DC season, I finished a month early simply by doing the minimum 3 challenges every day.

I was pretty close with DC. I was Level 43 on the last week, but I got hit with mild COVID symptoms so I was a bit bedridden...

Hoping to get this pass finished quick. I'm going to Disney World in late February, so I need to get as much done as I can before then.

Some kind of fix got rolled out regarding the season pass. The XP rewards for all three daily challenges got increased.
Easy: 50 -> 70
Medium: 100 -> 135
Hard: 300 -> 405

I guess they noticed something with their current model that they didn't like and tweaked the challenges to be a bit more rewarding as a result. There was also a change/new Easy challenge added that just requires a single race completion.

Full patch notes:

NEW PATCH RELEASED​

PS4 EU/USA Version 01.010 – PS5 EU/USA Version 01.011 -Xone/XSX Version 1.0.0.15 – PC Steam – PC Epic.

HighresScreenshot00005-scaled.jpg

Racing Season:​

1. New tuning for the Racing Season experience points reward.
    We increased the amount of XP received for the daily quests and the races. Now it should be easier to complete the Racing Season and unlock all the rewards.

Community Liveries and Tracks:​

1. Fixed local Community Liveries list completely disappearing for some users.
  2. Added a feature to reward the players with Coins and Gears based on the “likes” received by their community liveries and tracks.
    This is retroactive, so you will get the rewards for every “like” you have received till today. Then you will receive Coins and Gears for the new “likes” periodically coming back to the main menu.
  3. Added “Most Likes Weekly” and “Most Likes Monthly” tabs in the UGC pages.
    These new tabs will show the Community Liveries and Tracks with the most number of “likes”, created in the last week and in the last month.

Collection:​

1. Added a confirmation dialog to the Sell, Upgrade and Dismantle operations in Collection page.
    Now you should not be able to accidentally dismantle a car launching the controller on the couch.
  2. Added an indication for already owned vehicles in the Limited Offers and Blind Box pages.
  3. Added the Sell, Upgrade and Dismantle shortcuts after opening a Blind Box. (Took them long enough...)

Other UI/UX:​

1. Fixed add-ons not displayed in the in game page.
  2. Added vehicle rarity indication in the multiplayer race results page.
  3. Added a support to pause the race when the controller is disconnected.

Various:​

1. Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements.

PC Version only:​

1. Added support for the AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 1.0.

Last edited:
I've given up playing this - it takes way too long to be able to get boxes and even then I've ended up with dupes more often than not. There really wasn't much to keep me coming back besides unlocking new cars. It's a shame as it plays well and looks good too.

I'm almost done with this season. I think by tomorrow I'll unlock Squidward. Don't know if I will be able to finish it by the end of next week before I leave for vay-cay, but it'll be close enough to not worry. Still have about a month and a half left, so...

A little late for this, but here's what the February content had:

Cars:
  • AcceleRacers Power Rage
  • TMNT Michelangelo
  • Street Fighter Chun Li
  • Mattel Dream Mobile
Basement:
  • Outer Space Customization Pack
Track Modules:
  • Booster Slam

New March Content!

CARS
  • Street Fighter Vega
  • Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible 2014
  • McLaren Senna
TRACK MODULES
  • Gorilla Garage
BASEMENT CUSTOMIZATION
  • Skaters Customization Pack

What bothers me most about this game is how long they're taking to release all the DLC content in this game when this is a simple arcade racer that can't really sustain a huge playerbase.

I mean it's gotten to the point where I'm racing against the same peeps over and over now since Steamcharts says the average player count is around 100 or so.

As an Acceleracers guru, gonna suck when they release Hollowback and Riveted when no one's playing the game anymore :indiff: especially after they've finally acknowledged Acceleracers after 2005. I'd like to see the data that shows off how much of the Acceleracers content was purchased in comparison to everything else, since I see tons of Synkros and Deora IIs online, the first especially since its a really good car and it was free. Same deal with Power Rage.

Don't get me started on the game's lack of anti-cheat. I know someone who gave themselves unlimited coins and gears to basically unlock and max everything out. They even used an unlimited boost cheat that worked online :grumpy:

Synkro maxed out is insane fast. Might try some online with it.

And I might be able to unlock SpongeBob just before the Pass ends. I am 700 points short, but I normally earn at least 650 from the dailies. So, I could do a small grind after tomorrow's set and that should be it.

Last edited:
Finally finished this Season! I think out of all the cars, Patrick is probably the best all-rounder maxed. Managed a 33.4 lap on the Cross Roads track.

Now I wait for the Monster Truck expansion...

Hopefully they'll change it up with the Monster Truck expansion, or even with a future AcceleRacers one. Imagine them bringing the different realms...
I really want this to happen but I'm not sure how it will work.

Back