Hot Wheels Unleashed Available for Pre-Order, Launches September 30

Yeah. I love the idea of this game, and the trailer looks great, but no gameplay shown at all? That's a weak move on the developer's part IMO. I'll keep an eye out for this game, but a 100% cinematic trailer like that is basically useless.

I don't think it's fair to say it's a weak move when the game likely isn't polished enough to make a trailer with at this stage. I can understand people's frustrations with studios asking people to pre-order new titles based off nothing but the name and a cinematic trailer though. Especially when that studio has previously released Ride 4 which I'm told isn't too great...

My family had 2 hot wheels games on our windows 98 computer. They were the kids favorite games!

I wonder if this will be a stunt game, like the old one! ;)

I won’t lie, when that one car fell off the upside-down magnetic track and hit the ground like a kid just dropped a toy, complete with the sound of plastic, I laughed. This trailer really had a toys-to-life charm that was similar to the Lego Movie for me.

Now as far as the gameplay goes, of course I hope it’s good. The track editor seems interesting too. I doubt Milestone is going to approach TrackMania’s level but if it’s similar this should be a fun game on some level.

The only Hot Wheels games I played was Turbo Racing and Extreme Racing back in PS1. Loved Turbo, hated Extreme so I don't know what to expect from this. Hopefully it will have other environs too other than just orange tracks set in a room.

Last edited:
I'm potentially interested, but I'm not going to deny that my level of interest will in part depend on the car roster. For me who grew up with them in the late 90's and 2000's they'd absolutely need a good amount of legacy vehicles in there amongst the new models already shown to fully get me on board (as well as the gameplay being good of course), and that would include MANY discontinued moulds for me according to the Hot Wheels wiki. I wonder if Mattel are even going to allow Milestone to include models which they don't even sell anymore...

Not going to lie I feel a little alienated for only recognizing Rodger Dodger, Twin Mill and Bone Shaker :P

Last edited:
My friend showed me the trailer yesterday and i said to him "It looks like TrackMania if ordered from Wish". Lame jokes aside, it does indeed reminds me a lot of TrackMania but with tiny Hotwheels cars. We will see if it's turning out to be a fun racing game or just another medicore licensed game like everything else.

My friend showed me the trailer yesterday and i said to him "It looks like TrackMania if ordered from Wish". Lame jokes aside, it does indeed reminds me a lot of TrackMania but with tiny Hotwheels cars. We will see if it's turning out to be a fun racing game or just another medicore licensed game like everything else.
Lol, or that Trackmania is a car-sized HW tracks.

My only concern is that it's a game from milestone.

After reading the article that was my "Hmmmm" moment, lol.

They advanced the MotoGP and RIDE games, at least graphically, but once they release, apart from standard DLC, the support of their games is not great as they are always quick to move on to something else.

After reading the article that was my "Hmmmm" moment, lol.

They advanced the MotoGP and RIDE games, at least graphically, but once they release, apart from standard DLC, the support of their games is not great as they are always quick to move on to something else.

To be completely fair to Milestone, with the yearly releases of the licensed titles, there isn't a lot if time for post release support before they have to move on to the next, and games like Ride and Gravel seem to get a bit more. Ride 4 and MotoGP 20 and the dirt games suffered more from very curious and annoying design decisions than outright game-breaking bugs and such, as has been the case in the past.

This looks like a ton of fun, hopefully it is.

Hopefully a speed racer game is next,especially if it's based on the movie adaptation,so many potential for crazy races.

Hopefully a speed racer game is next,especially if it's based on the movie adaptation,so many potential for crazy races.
There's already a Speed Racer game for PS2. And it's pretty close to movie adaptation albeit only for T-360 parts. And Speed Racer's toy cars were made by Hot Wheels.

I've never played a Hot Wheels game before, but this looks like it could potentially be fun! I think it would be really impressive if every small scale car they've ever produced were modelled and playable in game. How cool would that be?
Actually, seeing this trailer has me longing for another Micro Machines game again.

Interesting.

The gold standard for Hot Wheels content is still the Forza Horizon 3 expansion in my opinion, so let's see if this game can reach those highs once it releases.

When that dropped as the second expansion I must admit I was one of those who was a bit flabbergasted but once I played it, I really enjoyed it. Something purely for fun.

Back