Hot Wheels Unleashed Available for Pre-Order, Launches September 30

I really am liking the gameplay videos I've seen, it seems like a kart racer without all the annoying powerups.
There are those games that has settings to turn on or off powerups though. An older Hot Wheels toy game, Beat That did have powerups.

I'm really quite impressed with how comprehensive it all is, especially going as far as the validation track-tor.

Now, if they could just find a way of getting the licensed castings into it...

VXR
I'm really quite impressed with how comprehensive it all is, especially going as far as the validation track-tor.

Now, if they could just find a way of getting the licensed castings into it...
I think licensed castings are inevitable.

Do we know how much the season passes will be? I'm deciding whether or not I want to order the big boy version or not, because it doesn't seem to come with the season pass

How about this for a surprise? A bunch of licensed cars confirmed (trailer has been timestamped at 51:00)

Hot Wheels Cars List.jpg

If you don't have Hot Wheels addon for Forza 3 does this seem like a viable alternative to it? Meaning does it have the same/more content or is it something totally different all together?

If you don't have Hot Wheels addon for Forza 3 does this seem like a viable alternative to it? Meaning does it have the same/more content or is it something totally different all together?
I would say this provides a similar experience but with more arcadey gameplay (more exaggerated drifts and boost mechanics) and more customisation. For a more in-depth Hot Wheels experience, you'll be better off with Hot Wheels Unleashed.

You're only better off with the FH3 Hot Wheels Expansion if you want to drive a wider variety of real cars and have slightly more authentic physics.

Pleasantly surprised to see a discontinued casing make it in as I thought Mattell wouldn't have allowed it ('55 Chevy, which hasn't been made since 2001), gives me hope for a lot of my other discontinued favourites down the line. RD-02 in original Acceleracers decor is nice to see too, my brother and I bought a lot of that line despite never seeing the movies it was advertising.

I'm kind of hoping that when they add the promised free vehicles down the line (alongside the DLC packs) that they make them unlockable somehow and not just given to you, to increase playtime a bit, but i'm not expecting it.

If I do play this game, I'm only going to use RD-02. But they should add some more Acceleracers - Syncro, Ultra Rage, Spectite, Reverb, Flathead Fury, Chicane, RD-01, Covelight, Magnetium, Beryllium and Spinebuster just to name a few.

I was expecting to enjoy this game if it were just contemporary fantasy cars like Beat That! was when I was little. I never expected real cars tbh and its awesome. I was thinking the best I could hope for was nostalgic fantasy cars, and they've got a bit of that too.

I just hope more car looking cars are added in. I'll probably never touch the dragon car or shark car thing. Here's to hoping more world race/accelaracers era cars are added.

I was watching TV last night and I saw a commercial for the the New Chevy Equinox where the son is playing a racing game and the father seems he driving terrible. Then the narrator says something and they do a closeup of the game and the son is playing Hot Wheels unleashed

WHile I was looking for the Equinox commercial I came across this :

I hope they add the other packs as dlc, im getting the street beasts and I want the sports car pack.

Back