Hot Wheels Unleashed Available for Pre-Order, Launches September 30

Really looking forward to this. I remember Turbo Racing on PS1 very well, I played it to death when I was a kid so I have a feeling this will be the same and bring back many happy memories. I hope some of the DLC includes classic diecasts that were included in TR.

Really looking forward to this. I remember Turbo Racing on PS1 very well, I played it to death when I was a kid so I have a feeling this will be the same and bring back many happy memories. I hope some of the DLC includes classic diecasts that were included in TR.
Beat That was the previous die-cast Hot Wheels game, it also has more off-track parts compared to Unleashed and has power-ups. Unleashed has RD-02, but Beat That had many more Acceleracers cars, and with their exact same livery too, albeit in different color unlike RD-02 in Unleashed.

HWU-DLCPlan.jpg

https://hotwheelsunleashed.com/dlc

Last edited:
Now I dislike the fact Vol 3 got announced here so suddenly and isnt apart of the ultimate edition, which now means all versions of the game dont come with all the DLC.. which is a bad sign. but then I look up from where that is... and the goddamn racing seasons thing really pisses me off, i was really hoping we wouldnt have to put up with anything battle-pass like, and the lack of details other than the rewards will be limited time to me is a red flag, and im worried it'll be paid, since its in the same row as the other DLC boxes in that image.

However, in a swift moment, later that night all of DLC pass 1 and 2's release dates, as well as all of the contents of Pass 1 and some of Pass 2 were leaked on the Nintendo Switch eShop (on the Switch itself) for all to see, which I see as hilarious karma :lol: which i'll leave in the spoiler box below

On Release day:
Bone Shaker Unleashed Edition

21st October:
Rolling Boulders track Module
Tropical Wave customisation pack (objects pack for track room)
Aston Martin DB5
Superman (Character Car)
Street Fighter M Bison (Character Car)

18th November:
Pink Fashion Customisation pack
TMNT Leonardo Character Car
Acceleracers Deora II
Wonder Woman Character Car
Street Fighter Blanka Character Car

25th November:
The Pre-order DLC car packs release outside of Pre-order

2nd December:
BATMAN Expansion

16th December:
Spinning Tire Track Module
Holiday Season Customisation Pack
Barbie Dream Camper
Acceleracers Bassline

HW DLC Pass 2 Begins
17th Feburary 2022:
Track Builder Module + Customisation Pack 4
Vehicles 11-13

24th March:
Track Module and Customisation packs 5
Vehicles 14-16

21st April:
Expansion 2
HWU: Multipack (contains Track Module and Customisation pack 6 and vehicles 17-19

EDIT: UPDATE AS OF 2ND SEPTEMBER:
The Racing seasons are indeed paid battlepasses, booo, saw this reply on Facebook and they actually answered.

battlepassbull****.png

Last edited:
Wow, so the game i was really looking forward to, now looks like a mobile, wallet sucking pile of.....

I hope it's better than it seems atm
yeah... i was really hoping too, as i was planning to make this my 'complete all the things' game for this year after i stopped plating TC2 after it went too far in November 2020... cruel fate has bestricken a potentially good game yet again.

I really hate it when they make time limited rewards in games. Makes it such a chore to play because you have to do certain things by a certain time. Hopefully it's just visual stuff like liveries instead of completely new cars.
Well.. the website confirms it'll include new cars sooooo... and I hate time limited stuff too, i remember especially hating in TC2 and was part of the reason i bailed that game, along with when they introduced the Motorpass ON TOP which was a no go, one or the other is fine but not both

Last edited:
Well.. the website confirms it'll include new cars sooooo... and I hate time limited stuff too, i remember especially hating in TC2 and was part of the reason i bailed that game, along with when they introduced the Motorpass ON TOP which was a no go, one or the other is fine but not both
I'd be more bearable when at least the limited time reward doesn't only happen 1 time where it'll never happen again onwards. Or even when it's used in cycle.

Walmart just canceled my pre order of the challenge accepted edition due to high demand
What??? This is a thing that happens. I stopped pre ordering games a few years ago. As a hot wheels collector it was super hard with this one though, that irl bone shaker was very tempting lol

Although some of the shine has been taken off with the dlc plan and stuff shown. I still plan to buy this game. It looks like a lot of fun, and after like two years away from thecrew2 I've managed to go back to and enjoy the game, while completely ignoring the way they are trying to open my wallet. I'm sure i can do the same with this one. Digital regular version, day one.

What??? This is a thing that happens. I stopped pre ordering games a few years ago. As a hot wheels collector it was super hard with this one though, that irl bone shaker was very tempting lol

Although some of the shine has been taken off with the dlc plan and stuff shown. I still plan to buy this game. It looks like a lot of fun, and after like two years away from thecrew2 I've managed to go back to and enjoy the game, while completely ignoring the way they are trying to open my wallet. I'm sure i can do the same with this one. Digital regular version, day one.
After hearing about the whole like memory bomb thing, I started staying away from digital, but I guess I'll get the pre order bonuses I want if I get the digital. I really wanted the hard case and poster, but whatever.

After hearing about the whole like memory bomb thing, I started staying away from digital, but I guess I'll get the pre order bonuses I want if I get the digital. I really wanted the hard case and poster, but whatever.
What is this memory bomb thing? I've not heard that before

I've got an update on two things regarding this game:

1. the Racing Seasons battlepass nonsense has been clarified better, it is freely accessible to all but has a 'paid' tier... just like most traditional BPs

2. You cannot use the livery editor on media licensed vehicles, so no editing the Snoopy car for example. HW Originals and Real Manus allow for livery editing.

First Impressions: Captured the look fantastically. The driving/racing has decidedly the same feel as Burnout 3 from way back in the day, between the slide characteristics, sense of frantic speed, and constantly challenging competition.

So far, I don't regret going for the Big Boy Purchase Price.

Looks interesting. My children keep asking me about this and I am trying to wait to get it I might have to get it sooner rather than later

Sounds good but there's no mention of the AI in that review. Is it good? Is it hard? The last thing I want in a game like this is to easily get to 1st place as that gets boring fast, and if the player can take crazy shortcuts then will the AI do the same?

Sounds good but there's no mention of the AI in that review. Is it good? Is it hard? The last thing I want in a game like this is to easily get to 1st place as that gets boring fast, and if the player can take crazy shortcuts then will the AI do the same?
The IGN text review mentions 4 levels of difficulty, and to quote directly: "There are four levels of AI, and the slowest seems very tolerant of mistakes and a good starting point for the young or the less experienced. Medium proved to be a surprising jump for the kids in my household – it’s far less forgiving and they often found it tough to catch the pack after even a single respawn – but it was much more satisfying for me. Hard and above really demands upgraded cars."

The IGN text review mentions 4 levels of difficulty, and to quote directly: "There are four levels of AI, and the slowest seems very tolerant of mistakes and a good starting point for the young or the less experienced. Medium proved to be a surprising jump for the kids in my household – it’s far less forgiving and they often found it tough to catch the pack after even a single respawn – but it was much more satisfying for me. Hard and above really demands upgraded cars."
Ah thanks

Back