Hot Wheels Unleashed Available for Pre-Order, Launches September 30

Do you get more money for the Hardee difficulties? I only was able to play 2 races before life decided to happen

Do you get more money for the Hardee difficulties? I only was able to play 2 races before life decided to happen
Sadly nope

and as much fun as the driving and gameplay is in this game, i have some greivances with how Money and Gears are handed out as you play.. it just isnt enough, you cant repeat City Rumble events for more of the rewards it shows, those are a ONE TIME thing.. and good luck getting gears outside of City Rumble and scrapping cars, because its not possible.

Last edited:
My Review

Also liking the Photo-mode

Desktop Screenshot 2021.09.28 - 22.46.36.55.png

Desktop Screenshot 2021.09.28 - 22.59.07.49.png

I’m tentatively enjoying it so far, though I’m starting to worry that I might start losing interest fairly quickly. I REALLY don’t like the mystery box aspect of acquiring cars, and I feel like the AI is either laughably easy or too difficult to be much fun. I’m hoping a lot of my issues are fixed with future updates, though.

Also, can anyone tell me how to mirror stickers to the other side of the car on the livery editor? I feel like that whole UI is very confusing.

I'm thinking about getting this game. My only reservation is that it might be visually boring. One plastic track looks very much like another, I would imagine.

Does look great this, watched a few videos etc @Scaff great, only thing not looking authentic to me is tyre smoke, these toy cars have hard plastic wheels, dont they? that might of been better maybe..

I'm about 30% through the game and really enjoying it so far.
I quite like the mystery box aspect, and the time trials are particularly fun. The handling is also really satisfying when you string a few corners together perfectly.
So far so good.

I'm about 30% through the game and really enjoying it so far.
I quite like the mystery box aspect, and the time trials are particularly fun. The handling is also really satisfying when you string a few corners together perfectly.
So far so good.
Some of the time trials are ridiculously hard tho like 'Call me Flash' they're the only thing in my way from getting the platinum trophy.

The game is a ton of fun with a VERY satisfying game feel, its just a shame the grind post-City Rumble is so abhorrent, as well gear rates being pitiful most of the time, the tracks have massive shortcuts due to poor or lacking checkpoint placement, and car unlock rates are godawful, thanks to the blindboxes.

Its a shame, because i've been really enjoying this game.... but I have only unlocked 2-3 new cars in the last 4 days.

I've been having an itch for an arcade racer, and this game scratches that itch to satisfaction. Been having a bus-load of fun with it. Just completed the fourth Boss Race, The Yeti, in the City Rumble campaign. Some of the time trials demand a pretty perfect lap to beat the Unleashed Time, which has been quite fun learning the various tracks, knowing when to boost, when and where to slide during corners, and so forth. Worst track thus far is the one in the Basement called "Attic Troubles"; took me at least 15 tries to win 1st place in every Quick Race event which features that track.

Haven't been burned too much by duplicates with the Blind Boxes so far; managed to score a few of the cars I really wanted early on, such as the Twin Mill, Honda S2000, and Snoopy. Really enjoying this game thus far, and I'm curious to see what DLC content lies ahead.

Is it just me or are there no search functions for custom tracks and liveries?

Makes both of those features pretty useless if that's the case.
Yep, both are currently missing, and need to be patched in ASAP.....
Spent 3 days on this livery including the front and rear lights, enjoy

View attachment 1084223
View attachment 1084224
View attachment 1084225
View attachment 1084226
....so once I have the S2000 I can find this and use it, its amazing work

Finally finished City Rumble to 100% completion. Gotta say that this game exceeded my expectations. Blind Boxes haven't been too bad, in fact, they're the least of my concern. Unless you're going to be racing online a lot, or toying with the Track Editor or Livery Editor, replay value isn't too good for single-players, but it's still a blast. The selection of vehicles is quirky and fun. Still going to be keeping my eye on new DLC for this game.

And to top it off for now, 2,000 coins later and I have one of my all-time favorites in my collection! :D

HWU_Deora.jpg

Is there any way to grind for coins once you've completed City Rumble? I haven't completed it yet but I've already replayed a few of the races that I enjoyed and didn't seem to get any rewards for doing so

Last edited:
Is there any way to grind for coins once you've completed City Rumble? I haven't completed it yet but I've already replayed a few of the races that I enjoyed and didn't seem to get any rewards for doing so
Quick Races are the only option thus far that I know of. Online Races count too, maybe (I haven't played an online race yet so I cannot confirm). Difficulty does not affect the outcome of coins rewarded for Quick Races, so that's 50 coins per race, thus ten races for a Blind Box. The grind can become monotonous if you don't switch up cars and tracks.

Gears are moreso of a problem than coins, since you only get gears by disassembling cars (outside of City Rumble rewards).

What did you use for all the time trials?
Finally finished City Rumble to 100% completion. Gotta say that this game exceeded my expectations. Blind Boxes haven't been too bad, in fact, they're the least of my concern. Unless you're going to be racing online a lot, or toying with the Track Editor or Livery Editor, replay value isn't too good for single-players, but it's still a blast. The selection of vehicles is quirky and fun. Still going to be keeping my eye on new DLC for this game.

And to top it off for now, 2,000 coins later and I have one of my all-time favorites in my collection! :D

View attachment 1084353

Honestly surprised by how barebones the multiplayer component is. You think that would have been an area where the devs would have shined.

Only found out of about this game today. Looks fun. I see there were some preorder DLC cars available, are those cars available for purchase later or missed out forever? (being the completion!st I am, important question before I consider buying)

Back