Hot Wheels Unleashed DC Universe DLC Packs Revealed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 15 comments
Am I wrong or does this mean that even if have gotten the Season Pass I won't get those Super-Villains right away?
This is a serious problem and of course, ******** tactics.
Yup. You gotta pay MORE to get the premium tiers then finish them before the season ends. Its a bloody joke this is a FULL PRICE game with multiple season passes and now multiple PAID battlepasses.

Welcome to a Milestone game.

Like with the RIDE series, they love to push out DLC, some of it free, but majority of it paid for.

As fun as the game is, it wouldn't surprise me if after a few months there are not all that many updates to the game outside of the DLC packs. Milestone are renowned for it. They'll already be moving focus to another game.

Give a year when this game winds up as the monthly free download on the PSN network.

You know it's a problem when devs spend more time devising ways to get more money out of customers than actually implementing useful features like livery/track search. A few people raised this concern in the official thread before release, but most people just gets wooed too easily with shiny trailers and preorder bonuses...

I still don't get how the battlepass works. You have free and paid tiers, but still have to complete seasonal events within the time period to unlock the cars? So what's the point of paying for it then? If you miss the time period, you can't get the cars in the future even if you buy the pack? Or you can't purchase the pack anymore?

Last edited:
You know it's a problem when devs spend more time devising ways to get more money out of customers than actually implementing useful features like livery/track search. A few people raised this concern in the official thread before release, but most people just gets wooed too easily with shiny trailers and preorder bonuses...

I still don't get how the battlepass works. You have free and paid tiers, but still have to complete seasonal events within the time period to unlock the cars? So what's the point of paying for it then? If you miss the time period, you can't get the cars in the future even if you buy the pack? Or you can't purchase the pack anymore?
Its a straight up SCAM.

This is indeed basically how it works on mobile games (and other F2P games).

You have a series of challenges, tasks, or goals to achieve, which reward you with XP (or equivalent) towards levels in the "season". Each level might come with a reward (or not; sometimes a level is just a stepping stone towards the next one, so basically the reward needs twice the XP).

In addition to that, players who purchase a pass for the season can get extra "premium" rewards on top of the basic rewards everyone gets. The rewards tend to get bigger (so, more "valuable" loot boxes as an example; a box that has a 50% higher chance of an epic/legendary reward compared to a rare/common one) at higher levels.

It is entirely possible that you can buy the pass and not achieve all the goals in the allotted time, so you miss out on the higher tier rewards.

This is indeed basically how it works on mobile games (and other F2P games).

You have a series of challenges, tasks, or goals to achieve, which reward you with XP (or equivalent) towards levels in the "season". Each level might come with a reward (or not; sometimes a level is just a stepping stone towards the next one, so basically the reward needs twice the XP).

In addition to that, players who purchase a pass for the season can get extra "premium" rewards on top of the basic rewards everyone gets. The rewards tend to get bigger (so, more "valuable" loot boxes as an example; a box that has a 50% higher chance of an epic/legendary reward compared to a rare/common one) at higher levels.

It is entirely possible that you can buy the pass and not achieve all the goals in the allotted time, so you miss out on the higher tier rewards.
I used to play NFS No Limits so I understand they need to get money somewhere for a mobile F2P game, but seeing this kind of system in a fully priced AAA title is just crazy...

My original thought was you can pay and get all rewards immediately, but if you don't wanna pay then you have to do challenges during the time period. As it is, once the time period passes, there is no way to get these cars in the future (unless you're willing to hack the game I suppose).

Batman expansion is out now, first impressions are pretty good. New cars, new customisation, yadda yadda, but now for the first time also a new area (bat cave) and the city rumble campaign is expanded as well with some new content. Neat!

Batman expansion is out now, first impressions are pretty good. New cars, new customisation, yadda yadda, but now for the first time also a new area (bat cave) and the city rumble campaign is expanded as well with some new content. Neat!
I am shocked, because £12 is quite a lot of money, I would do a video with my thoughts....🤔

I am shocked, because £12 is quite a lot of money, I would do a video with my thoughts....🤔
Yeah good point. I’m not sure about the value for money. I got the edition with that pass vol. 1 included so didn't have to pay this separately. Also only did 1 race of the new batMan City rumble this morning.

Back