How can I change my country flag on my PSN ID or GT5 ID ?

• Thread starter rat666
  • 19 comments
Hi 2 everyone,

I have just experienced a nasty attitude by some online players, the situation was as follows: I saw a Nascar Lobby and I decided to enter it, once I logged in I realized that the group was full with a bunch of french people only, so far so good, I didn´t care at all, cause I like to play with any kind of people on it, what happened next is that when they saw my flag tag id, I was just kicked without any change to say Hello. It is not the first time that this happens to me.

Therefore I wonder if there is any chance to change my country flag on my PSN ID or Game ID in order to avoid to be kicked again in the future just because of my flag ID, which by the way is not even my real country flag, it is just happens that I am living on this country, that´s all.

Anyway let´s continue racing

Cu

The nationality tag is locked to the country you chose when setting up your PSN account, the only way would be to make a PSN account.

I've only ever been kicked once without an hello and that was by an Aussie.

Well we OWN the ashes at the moment don't we. :)

Probably that was the reason. :)

A little off-topic, but does making a new account under a different country change the flag, or is it done by IP?

Jai
A little off-topic, but does making a new account under a different country change the flag, or is it done by IP?

It's by the country you select when you create an account.

rat666
Hi 2 everyone,

I have just experienced a nasty attitude by some online players, the situation was as follows: I saw a Nascar Lobby and I decided to enter it, once I logged in I realized that the group was full with a bunch of french people only, so far so good, I didn´t care at all, cause I like to play with any kind of people on it, what happened next is that when they saw my flag tag id, I was just kicked without any change to say Hello. It is not the first time that this happens to me.

Therefore I wonder if there is any chance to change my country flag on my PSN ID or Game ID in order to avoid to be kicked again in the future just because of my flag ID, which by the way is not even my real country flag, it is just happens that I am living on this country, that´s all.

Anyway let´s continue racing

Cu

Avoid entering room with "specific" country only,if you're not their homies they tend to kick you without any notice.
Sometimes it's not the flag tag issue,it's just the attitude..and i just dont get it!

Well then seems I will need to live with my flag tag id, due to the fact that has been registered in Germany, I guess I will need to pay more attentions on which rooms I enter, sad to know that some homies do not like visitors :crazy:

Tks anyway for their advises.

Quite a few people I've come across have county specific rooms to try to prevent lagging and the cars jerking around all over the place, not because they're racist or hate your country. This may be the issue.

It's by the country you select when you create an account.

That is really stupid I must say, Santa Mclaren F1

It should be done by IP not by what you selected. The flags are meant to be meaningful, i.e when I see a Swedish flag I wanna know for sure that guy is is Sweden not some guy in Mexico that selected Sweden when they made their psn.

The french are the worst for kicking people immediatly haha ive joined too many french rooms and been kicked also japanese so i dont even attempt to join now .

BiggRayy
The french are the worst for kicking people immediatly haha ive joined too many french rooms and been kicked also japanese so i dont even attempt to join now .

Totally agree, they are bad drivers to, very dirty. I avoid French lobbies completely now.

There not all bad drivers, occasionally il find the odd french spanish japanese join my rooms and there quite fair .

Back