How did u learn drifting in GT3 and....

how did everyone learn drifting? and how r u going to implament it to GT4? obviously GT3 physics are way diferent from GT4.

do u think ur GT3 setting of ur car will be the same in GT4? what r u expecting?with wat did u start?

also i know not everyone just got a car and started drifting. they must have started with a slow car and moved u, i know i did. i started with a stock FastBack 180SX and then moved into my customized WRX, custom settings and gear ratio. ive tried so many cars. Skylines, Sylvias, Lancers, Imprezas, ummmm civics, integras, and teh lsit goes on. and i still prefer the impreza wrx 22b. and after mastering the WRX, i got bored and started drifting with chibi cars. i like the mira ttx and the mazda demio, oh yea it kiks ass.

well dats my story wats urs?

I started with a stock trueno and just would go into the corner and let go of everything then I started to apply countersteer and gas and eventually maxxed it out and started drifting smoothly

I first started on Trial Mountain with a stock S15 with sims no TCS or ASM and the handbreak. This was way before i found out about GTPlanet.net. After i found out about this site i learned more and more about tuning from SD and NK and Swift. Those guys know what there talkign about And now TankSpanker seems to have lots of great info too. After all this time of learning i turned the knowledge, to help others.

Teaching others is the best way to learn.

I started with a Trueno and ran laps for about a week straight. I then came here to improve my setups which I did, and ultimately my overall skill. CrzyFumoffu, please use proper grammar and punctuation. It isn't exactly intelligent to type like that on a forum. I'll let it slide since your new to the forums.

i picked a trueno as my first car, though i didnt start drifting it till later because i actually wanted to win races. i was totally clueless about settings so it was trial and error at first. then i read up on other peoples settings and they still didnt work too great for me. i also used an FD and that one was more just power sliding than show drifting.
i never used the handbrake though, and i still dont use it. i actually cant use it properly at all. i still can't really figure it out.

Well first of all I'm new to this forum.

Anways I first started when I saw some videos of some people drifting in GT3. At the time I already knew what it was and knew a little bit about it but never thought about doing it in the game. I just started buying RWD cars (180, FC, FD, etc) and started messing around with the tires, weight, power. Then I figured out I had better results messing with the actual settings.

From there it was just a matter of getting used to the various cars...I actually have a R34 with every mod that I can use pretty consistently (back when I used to play all the time), but now I'm a little rusty. Favorite tracks to drift on are Midfield and Trial Mountain (I love the bend after the long straight and the "s" following it).

A few videos I've seen on GT4 are actually quite good. I've seen one of a Blue Supra MKIV on Midfield who's style is similar to mine, the driver would go full throttle into the turn then brake, downshift, steer out, then steer in hard, then blip the throttle, while counter-steering. I know there's a term to describe this method, I believe it's a faint drift.

Lol sorry for the long first post, but I look forward to learning some new techniques. Maybe sometime I can borrow a friends camera and I can upload some vids of my runs.

CrzyFumoffu
how did everyone learn drifting? and how r u going to implament it to GT4? obviously GT3 physics are way diferent from GT4.

do u think ur GT3 setting of ur car will be the same in GT4? what r u expecting?with wat did u start?

also i know not everyone just got a car and started drifting. they must have started with a slow car and moved u, i know i did. i started with a stock FastBack 180SX and then moved into my customized WRX, custom settings and gear ratio. ive tried so many cars. Skylines, Sylvias, Lancers, Imprezas, ummmm civics, integras, and teh lsit goes on. and i still prefer the impreza wrx 22b. and after mastering the WRX, i got bored and started drifting with chibi cars. i like the mira ttx and the mazda demio, oh yea it kiks ass.

I learned drifting by typing in proper english without using shorthand when trying to sound intelligent.

well, all i did was..
got stock FD, put on some SOFT tyres.. and BAM! there you go: non smoking drift;
that's how i "drifted" before i found GTP

ever since i was a kid i recognized that if you turned a car (in a game of course i didnt drive as an 8 year old) one way then quickly the other way it would make the back end slide, as i got older i figured out why it did that, then when i was about 16 i found out what drifting was through best motoring videos and such, and have been drifting on gt3 ever since. now im 20, and i finally get to try it on gt4!

CrzyFumoffu

I'm going to be very specific and point you to this thread READ THIS: Please use DECENT Grammar.

I expect you to abide by the Terms of Service you agree to when you signed up at GTPlanet.net.

I also expect that you read the "READ THIS" threads before posting again.

Der Alta

well bing a fan of Drifting..i took it to gt3(well after i had beat the game)....started making drift cars.........i was okay at it(when i use a controller)...........but now i have a dfp.......and i really suck its so drift and i have to retrain my self...... my relative bouth me the cheat disk and i always making new cars........i wish i could meet one of the guys here and get some tips

ok ok sorry guys about the horrible grammar. didnt mean to make any one annoyed by it. please understand/ forgive me for my wrong doing.

seems like most people started with a stock car heh. well i guess that is the best way to start. for me it wasnt much of a fast drift or slow drift, it was more about perfecting the drift around corners. i would say having the "BASICS" or racing perfected first is also a great improvement. with it you learn about cornering and its speed and a great improvement ooh how fast. dont you agree?

If I understand you, I agree with you - it's better to know the basics of racing before you go off into drifting. I did it in real life before I got into it in Gran Turismo. It's always come easily to me... my first car I actually took the time to set up for drifting and get nice long linked things with, was an FC3S (that Savannah) in GT2. GT3 drove me nuts until I realised that the ASM and TCS were ruining my entire gaming experience and turned them the hell off, then I started having a ton of fun.

I started drifting in GT3 a bit after I had started going to drift events IRL.

I had bought GT3 when it first came out, played it a bit, and set it aside, then out of the blue a friend of mine was playing at his house(he was in the middle of tuning a car) which got me thinking "hmm, I wonder if you can drift in this game?" then I realized I had GT3, so..I started doing it D:

CrzyFumoffu

Here's my story.

[edit] D'oh! Treed by the whole world. Asleep at the lights. [/edit]

wow just this morning i figured why i couldnt get my drifts right with the DFP.........it has a quicker response timew than the controllers.....so i cant counter steer as soon.....welll no i just have to get good at it

Fu-- it i dont think im gonnna keep trying on GT3 i just cant get it...i always spin out or i just do a power over drift.......I cant get the wait to transfer with the DFP cause it wont respone fast enough and i dont really like useing the ebrake............what do you guys use for your DFP settings(The wheel settings)

Cudaman's video. Practice. Experiment. I first used Cudaman's settings for the Rx-7, but soon, I tuned my own. Mostly everything else I explored myself to help create my own style.

yea me too. creating your own style, the way you like to drift, is one of the things that i love. i cant seem to drive others cars cuz im not used to them, but when i get my WRX out, its so much for comforitng that te car was made for me.

about the DFP, i personally dont like drifting with it. its too hard. in the case of a controller, its so much easier because u dont need to move much(only fingers). IMO, the DFP is only for the feal of racing. i like the DFP only for that. they way it counters and the feel of it all.

anybody feel anythning different in GT4 with teh drifitng? i was wondering about the feel of it? because i know deifnately GT3 and GT4 are nto teh same. and they must feel different in some way.

Well, i go straight into the corner and start steering the right way, push brake and right way, te car want to spin and then just countersteer and gas to pull out

i first turned off ASM and TCS and went from there, took me a while to figure out the settings and stuff and I used the same settings from GT3 and they are working pretty well... of course I'm trying to drift with the 900 degree wheel

hurmm really? i tried drifting in GT4 and its hars as ****ake mushrooms. the cars are so different comparing to GT3, also my lovely 22b isnt in teh game. but definately GT4 is everything i expected and more. iw as blwoon away by just about everything.

back to drifting though. the cars for me spin out too much for me to control. once teh cars breaks its traction, the car just tends to be really slidy or its losing speed too much. i guess i gotta go back and try harder.

talk more about drifitng,

Well like most incompitant GT players I "first" attempted to drift using E-Brake with pretty much any car lol. But once I discovered gtplanet and the video of people drifting... it was all over from there. So I purchised a Tommy M. Lancer and spent numorous hours on Apricot Hill with random suspenion tunings and sims... :dopey:

Further on down the road I purchised an s13 and used someone's settings from the old gt3 settings depot and practiced on and off... and then I lost mah gt3!!!

so I quit for awhile. :guilty:

Long story short, I found my GT3, started playing it again... now tuning settings trying figuring out what they all do so I could create my perfect machine!

I barrowed my a friend media converter so I should be pumping out some media soon! =)

CYa

Back