How do I approach these turns to drift??

What's the best approach to get nice long drawn out drifts on these kinds of turns:

-Long, drawn out curves with high entry speeds (i.e. Grand Valley tunnel, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway)

-Medium curves with low-speed entry (i.e. s-turns in Grand Valley)

-Narrow road curves (i.e. Tsukuba)

I'm dying here...I can get the drift started during the turn, but trail braking just doesn't do the trick; all I get is understeer understeer understeer...why? Please help...I'm trying to break out of GT3asy drift mode, but I can't...

dirrrty drifter
-Long, drawn out curves with high entry speeds (i.e. Grand Valley tunnel, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway)

The best way to learn these turns (in my opinion) is to find a car with a decent amount of torque (try the Genki Silvia), then for the turn entry itself is:
1)Go in a little faster than you would find the best grip line on (10-15 MPH over) and use a feint/brake tap combination to make the back end slide out.
2)Steady the throttle, not too much, not too little, never let off the gas, but never punch it.
3)Adjust countersteer, don't whip the wheel around violently even if you feel you should, one of the biggest differences in GT4 over GT3 is that steady steering makes a huge difference when it comes to drifting, whereas in GT3, quick jerky movements where almost necesary for every drift.

-Medium curves with low-speed entry (i.e. s-turns in Grand Valley)

These are sometimes tricky, but sometimes are just too simple for one to realize. Go in medium speed and use a feint/power-over combo to iniate the drift, and from there just steady the throttle.

-Narrow road curves (i.e. Tsukuba)

Use the car's own weight to employ snap understeer to your advantage. Go in at a comfortable speed (not too fast to run off the road, not so slow you can't even use a feint), slight feint, too much will toss your car off the road considering the width, and use a power-over technique to break traction.
Alternatively, if you're going in too fast, use the slight feint and substitute the power-over with a brake entry.

Hope it helps, sometimes my techniques are tricky hard to explain,

</Vin>

vinsion
The best way to learn these turns (in my opinion) is to find a car with a decent amount of torque (try the Genki Silvia), then for the turn entry itself is:
1)Go in a little faster than you would find the best grip line on (10-15 MPH over) and use a feint/brake tap combination to make the back end slide out.
2)Steady the throttle, not too much, not too little, never let off the gas, but never punch it.
3)Adjust countersteer, don't whip the wheel around violently even if you feel you should, one of the biggest differences in GT4 over GT3 is that steady steering makes a huge difference when it comes to drifting, whereas in GT3, quick jerky movements where almost necesary for every drift.

These are sometimes tricky, but sometimes are just too simple for one to realize. Go in medium speed and use a feint/power-over combo to iniate the drift, and from there just steady the throttle.

Use the car's own weight to employ snap understeer to your advantage. Go in at a comfortable speed (not too fast to run off the road, not so slow you can't even use a feint), slight feint, too much will toss your car off the road considering the width, and use a power-over technique to break traction.
Alternatively, if you're going in too fast, use the slight feint and substitute the power-over with a brake entry.

Hope it helps, sometimes my techniques are tricky hard to explain,

</Vin>

I would try to help, but well.............this is it:tup::lol:

Back