how do you make hybrids for GT3?

• Thread starter BMW POWER
  • 4 comments
can anyone please help me make a hybrid?
i am looking for information on how to use MKS hybrid program for GT3
i think i got the basic idea on how to use it but i dont know how to get the creations from my computer to the PS2. i have an XPort V2 so i'm a PAL user (if that makes any difference)
cheers for any help you can give me

guess what i want to make a hybrid too but i dont know to have to do it,i asked people before and they didnt answer me :( ,well anyway i dont know what u need to make a hybrid,can u help me bmw??? :nervous:

well all i know is you need something called a sharkport (x port if your a PAL user)
you also need the MKS program to edit the cars, i managed to get the program off Too Cold i think it was so if you want it just leave your email and i`ll send it to you. other wise we both have the same problem. :(

Here is how I did it to begin with:
I have: PC, Sharkport with version 2.03 software, NTSC GT3 CD, two or more memory cards, and the GT3Stat editor program found at:
http://www.geocities.com/sypto1974/index.html

Start small so you can see how things work, if you enter codes incorrectly the game will freeze when you start it up again.
First import a game save into your Sharkport, then send it to a file folder on your harddrive. Then quit Sharkport. Open the GT3 editor, read the garage from the save you just sent to your file folder. At the top of each spreadsheet column you will see the car name, and below the car will be hex code for everything, labeled engine, drivetrain etc.
Pick a car you want to edit:
Say the Toyota Celica II. Copy the drivetrain code from the ZZII. Then go to the Celica and paste the code into the Celica's drivetrain space. Go back to the ZZII and copy the LSD/Yaw code and paste it back into the Celica's LSD/Yaw space. Then go and copy and paste the ZZII engine, gearbox, and tires into the celica.
Now hit write garage, enter a name like GT3 4WD Celica. Save it to your file folder for GT3 saves. Then open Sharkport, import the save you edited(you will notice that the file saved as a .psu file. Change those letters to .sps and it will be recognized as a sharkport file.
Once it imports restore it to your memory card. When you start the game the Toyota Celica II will now have 4WD with the engine and enlarged tires from the ZZII. You will need to go into the settings menu and enter numbers for the front differential settings and such.
Then Enjoy your new car.

Back