How Do You Take Apart A PS2?

• Thread starter Concept
  • 11 comments

Concept

(Banned)
Alright as some of you might know I have a PS2 that is messed up. I have looked for places on the console where I can take it apart and can not find any. I would like to clean from the inside and maybe adjust the lenses correctly. Problem is I can not find out how/where to take it apart from. Any help would be appreciated.

I have not done this myself but i read some where that the screws are under the little black rubber square pads under the PS2. Just have to pull them off.

Alright I went against troys advice and took the system apart. I am at the lense. :nervous: I can move the thing back and forth. Does anybody know where it should be?

Originally posted by ViperConcept
Alright I went against troys advice and took the system apart. I am at the lense. :nervous: I can move the thing back and forth. Does anybody know where it should be?
This should help you out. Go here http://www.videogamerepair.com/index.html and click repair fourm and scroll to the botom the next page click on continue to fourms and just read around. You might find some help in there.

Man you just made a big mistake. My friend took his apart to clean it and couldn't get the thing back together.

No worrys. I put it completly back together. Perfectly. All I am going to do now is take it to a repairmen. Screw doing it myself. Thanks Nocturnal for the info though. :)

I'd send it to Sony. That way if something happens you won't have to worry about problems getting it fixed. If you do it yourself and screw it up they won't take it back.

I would send it to Sony if it wouldnt cost the price they are charging. $130! For that much I can save up $70 and go buy a new one. :rolleyes:

Back