how do you unlock Rome Night track?

• Thread starter Tank
  • 20 comments
awesome track .....i think you have to beat the arcade disc on the hardest difficulty .....it's not that hard to do though :cool:

Why this track got the shaft is beyond me...maybe they didn't wan't confuson with SSR5 and the Rome Full circuit.

You can get a GS code to play Rome Night all you want, but otherwise, you have to wait to get it via Manufacturer's events or the Arcade Disk.

This is for version 1.0:
(no billboards)
801d52fc 7862
801d52fe 3c9b

(regular)
801d52fc 449c
801d52fe 4c9b

(reverse)
801d52fc 2b7a
801d52fe 3cb8

You'll have to look up/convert the other versions...I don't know them.

I beat the Arcade disc on the 'difficult' setting but no Rome Night track. Does the game keep track of wins on the reverse tracks? Do I have have to win all the races on the reverse tracks?

Yes, you have to win all the races in reverse, too. Do what I did, make them all one lap...you'll be done in no time because the IA in arcade mode is too easy to beat.

Okay, what's the deal with this track, anyway??
Pupik says you have to beat the all the arcade races. Does this mean 'all the road races' or all the races, rallies included???

As far as I'm aware, I've only run this circuit in the licenses and one of the manufacturers trophies - I can't remember which. :rolleyes:

It's a sin it was never used more in GT2 (not even in the Italian Championship :irked: ) and then dropped in GT3. :( I hope it makes a return in later GT games.

Here's the list. Even discounting reverse (R) direction tracks (which you can't really) there's 28:

1) Apricot Hill Speedway
2) Autumn Ring
3) Autumn Ring Mini
4) Clubman Stage Route 5
5) Deep Forest Raceway
6) Grand Valley East Section
7) Grand Valley Speedway
8) Green Forest Roadway
9) Grindelwald
10) High Speed Ring
11) Laguna Seca Raceway
12) Midfield Raceway
13) Motor Sports Land
14) Pikes Peak Hill Climb
15) Red Rock Valley Speedway
16) Rome Circuit
17) Rome Night
18) Rome Short Course
19) Seattle Circuit
20) Seattle Short Course
21) Smokey Mountain North
22) Smokey Mountain South
23) Special Stage Route 5
24) Super Speedway
24) Tahiti Dirt Route 3
25) Tahiti Maze
26) Tahiti Road
27) Test Course
28) Trial Mountain Circuit
29) (R)Apricot Hill Speedway 
30) (R)Autumn Ring
31) (R)Autumn Ring Mini
32) (R)Clubman Stage Route 5
33) (R)Deep Forest Raceway
34) (R)Grand Valley East Section
35) (R)Grand Valley Speedway
36) (R)Grindelwald
37) (R)High Speed Ring
38) (R)Midfield Raceway
39) (R)Red Rock Valley Speedway
40) (R)Rome Circuit
41) (R)Rome Night
42) (R)Rome Short Course
43) (R)Seattle Circuit
44) (R)Seattle Short Course
45) (R)Smokey Mountain North
46) (R)Special Stage Route 5
47) (R)Tahiti Dirt Route 3
48) (R)Tahiti Road
49) (R)Trial Mountain Circuit
50) Pikes Peak Downhill 

:)

This is the official line up. I presume some tracks are counted even though they're sections of other, larger tracks. Tahiti Maze/Road/Dirt, Rome Circuit/Rome Short etc. :)

Originally posted by Vip_449
try beating the world cup. I think that unlocks all the tracks, I think! :D

Unfortunately, no. I beat the World Cup over the weekend but it didn't unlock anything on the Arcade disc except the Simulation Mode ending credits....

I think you gain the tracks in Arcade mode by winning the licenses. If you notice carefully, the bonus items get unlocked as you win licenses...then go back to the Arcade disk and they are unlocked. See the color-coding of each, it corresponds to each license gained. So you do need the Superlicense to get certain tracks in Arcade Mode.

Sorry for the confusion; those GS codes are for racing Rome Night in Simulation Mode. Winning the World League unlocks the ending credits for the Sim disk; then, winning on all the tracks in Arcade mode afterwards unlocks the Arcade credits.

If you really want to race Rome Night for Simulation Mode (and you have no access to a GameShark), I'm afraid you just have to enter Manufacturer's Events like the GT-R Meeting or the Viper Festival of Speed and hope for the best.

i don't think manufacturer events will unlock it because i haven't even beaten the manufacturer events at all. maybe just 2-3 or 1 only. and i have Rome Night.

this is what i have complete:
GT Leagues

Special Events
-all 4wd
-1 FR event
-2 FF event
-all the stages al the end; NA, Turbo, All Stars, GT 300 & 500, Super Touring, and a few old 80's, wagon, convertibles

i'd say try beating the events on the last page in the Special Events League.

BTW. i have no cheats

Come on, the Superlicense isn't that hard. Maybe if you've only played the game for a few days, but this thread is getting past it's expiration date anyway.

The Oreca Viper at Laguna Seca (no handling) and the Lotus Europa at Gindelwald (wierd handling and styling) were the only tricky bits. Even then, if you're extra careful, you should be able to get at least bronze in those departments.

You drive the [R] GT-One at Apricot Hill (I got silver first time out), the Pennzoil GT-R at Midfield, a GT40 at Seattle...most are not much problem.

Yeah, you're right, it wasn't all that bad. :P The Laguna Seca & Grindelwald races were a bit tricky, as you said.
Quite frankly, I personally think the license scores are ridiculous, but that's just IMHO :)

Back