How good is Tokyo Extreme Racing?

TXR is very fun to play. Especially the PS2 version, TXR0. It may not be as realistic or graphically impressive as GT3, but TXR makes it up in gameplay. You can probably pick a copy up for $25 or less, depending on which version. Try searching for TXR threads. A lot of information has already been explained.

I love the game, but I'd tell anyone who asked to rent or borrow it from someone else before buying it. It's only $20 new, so it wouldn't break a bank either way, but it's best to be safe.

It's ok. I could tell you about 20 flaws but its alright. Some of those body kits are ugly though

It's pretty good, and fairly decent diversion from GT3.

Oh, and Rumple - applause to the new avatar.

hey streetracer the avatar i like it cuz in TOXRZ i have the same car but in yellow and is fully modified except for this stupid 104,996$$$ engine upgrade that i just got

I got TXR:0 yesterday and have been fooling with it for a short time. It's fun but it ain't GT3
One complaint though. It took me thirty minutes to figure out how to challenge a rival. I re-read the book and it isn't there :mad:
Now that I know that you flash them with your brights. I am starting to make progress. But this S14 I bought isn't the same as my GT3 Silvia. :(

yea the lighter cars in the game suck with handling...the RX-3 especially...drove better stock then suped up...

A hint: when you want to race someone that only shows up at a certain time, you can get a listing of what car and time all racers will race you, and some are at like 2 AM. All you have to do is change the PS2's clock to the right time, then the person will be there. I rented the game several times, and got 390something rivals beaten out of 400...

Fun game cause of the cars it has, but it's really unrealistic...

Okay, I'm about 30 rivals into this one. Have beaten 3-4 of the #1 man of some teams. My big question: How do you open up the other two sections of the track?

Back