How Gran Turismo Saved Igor Fraga

That’s a great story! It just goes to show how time, talent, and determination can get you where you want to go.

I’m sure his real life racing experience has helped tremendously in Gran Turismo!

Spa incident aside (yeah, I said it), this just makes me cheer for him more. It’s like one of us (Gran Turismo racers) has made the big time!

Good luck Igor!

I've only seen him in yt vids but he strikes me as someone who's is humble... he's seen the worst, stuff that many of us havent experienced and he seems talented enough to see the best. People like this deserve to be winners. They know failure is temporary and in reality, so is success.

When he was driving that Taycan I felt myself when I'm driving cars that arent mine, expensive cars that I couldnt afford and yet I'm driving thru circumstance and wondering what I did to deserve this good fortune (there's nothing more fun that driving someone elses sports car by yourself knowing you aint paying for the car, the gasoline or insurance or....)

Also its an example of people who suffered in 2008 and it looks like we're down the same path again.

So awesome to watch your story unfold!
Cheering for you whichever racing series you end up in!
Cant wait to watch you in F3 and I hope to see you and Lightning face off properly again this year or the next!

Very happy for Igor Fraga but also mixed feelings about racing itself as a career. If it requires this much sacrifice, is it worth it?

It's worth remembering for every winner there are 20 losers on the grid, and they may be sleeping outside tonight, unless they're from a rich family.

mef
Very happy for Igor Fraga but also mixed feelings about racing itself as a career. If it requires this much sacrifice, is it worth it?

It's worth remembering for every winner there are 20 losers on the grid, and they may be sleeping outside tonight, unless they're from a rich family.
I don't think all drivers can sacrifice that much. Those who sacrifice and work hard like fraga always end up at the top. Most drivers have money so they don't suffer as much. I guess if they find themselves in a similar situation most of them will give up . Some drivers had a rough path as well like hamilton, ocon.... others like norris, russel or the almighty stroll had life on easy mode (the financial side of course).

I don't think all drivers can sacrifice that much. Those who sacrifice and work hard like fraga always end up at the top. Most drivers have money so they don't suffer as much. I guess if they find themselves in a similar situation most of them will give up . Some drivers had a rough path as well like hamilton, ocon.... others like norris, russel or the almighty stroll had life on easy mode (the financial side of course).
If you have a chance to ask him or his family about this sacrifice, they will say: it's worth it! Be a race driver without money or tradicional family in sport in brazil is very difficult, maybe impossible and he made it.

Good luck to Igor we all cheering for you and wish you the best for the reason of the season. I found some video and his picture from the web, I want to share.
380277_939620__u_0_d_19rhpimr_thij8eqniltuklajlbrz9mu8_w1366_h662_iv1-1.jpg

A lot of people on F1 news complain how boring it is...I only watched it because Lewis is the current game Maestro.

Is formula 2/3 a better watch?

I myself personally prefer watching the GT class races on FIAWEC. Wish Igor was doing more of those ...including Nurburgring 24h

Interesting how he has Japanese heritage until you look into it that Brazil has 2 million Japanese people living there.

Just got F1 tv pro so I can watch these f3 races! I may even watch some f1 and f2 while im at it lol. Thanks for giving us all a reason to care Igor!

Back