How in shape are you?

• Thread starter Citrus
  • 203 comments
As the topic title says, how in shape are you?

I will use myself as an example:

My arm's are kinda slim but when you reach the muscle area there is a bit of hard-ish muscle there. It doesn't hurt much if someone hits me there.
My stomach isn't the same story though it hasn't really got much muscle if any. I don't work out much but i think i might begin to soon. overall : medium health and arm's i'm happy with.

See how easy it is to do this ?

So , go on and post away!

Most of my strength is in my lower body. I put that mostly down to my parent's Facism-like bike riding system when I was younger.

I'm pretty close to my ideal weight for my height/age, but I'd be happier in myself if I lost a few pounds.

I'm not a slim build, I have 25" thighs, a 32" waist, 15.5" upper arms a 40" chest and a 15" neck. My legs, arms and shoulders are bulky with muscle, but I'd like to lose a bit of the beer gut I've built on me. If I'm tensed up, my stomach is pretty solid, I'm not interested in a six pack, just less of a beer gut. I'm 5'9" tall and I weigh 12.10st or 178lbs.

"You're a very well rounded person".

:D

One of my personal favourite "not-quite-a-putdowns"

I used to be in shape with absolutely rock hard thighs and calves, with a pretty good waist for my build type due to many years of soccer .....

..... but i got lazy and now my legs are definitely not what they used to be, and ive got a pretty bad gut. The only exception is that i use my bench press from time to time so i have decent arm muscles.

..... but i got lazy and now my legs are definitely not what they used to be, and ive got a pretty bad gut. The only exception is that i use my bench press from time to time so i have decent arm muscles.
Heard of going outside? :) Look at what GTP has done to us... :ouch:

CNG

I'm not bad, but not great either. My legs are a mediocre for my stature (except my calves), abs are coming along - would have been there long ago of I really tried - and thats pretty much it. Plus, I'm about 6 feet and 180 lbs.

I am really out of shape as far as strength but I am not fat. Like 155-160Lbs and about 6'2". I just got a stand up jet ski that I hope is going to whip me into shape. I need the endurance for kart racing.

I wouldn't call myself big at all, but I'm pretty damn cut these days. I'm sitting at around 7% body fat, and I've finally added some bulk in my upper body. It's pretty easy to get ripped when you start off really skinny, but gaining bulk is the hard part for me. My lower body has always been in great shape as I have been a runner and a hockey player through most of my life.

Luckily, I'm not planning to get very big, so I am happy with the definition. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and have been pretty strict about it since October now.

5'7
135 pounds
I can bench 3 sets of 12 at 150 pounds, but I never really go for a max lift.
I used to be able to run a 5k in the low 18 minute range in high school, it's around 20 now, but that's more due to the fact that I don't run nearly as often as I used to (and smoke a lot more than I used to :( ). If I trained like I used to, I'm sure I could run in the 18s again.

Not in shape at all, but I could easily get that way, given I endure the hell of starting that journey. Right now I'm 6'4 and 295 lbs. I need to drop about 50-60 pounds, and carry 90% of my fat in my torso.

It's going to suck trying to get back in shape, though. Doing pushups will suck, anyway. They hurt my wrists way more than they should. That said, my advice to anyone on this site who is fat is to try getting in shape immediately. It's not your muscles being weighed down so much that you have to worry about, it's your joints.

"No pain, no gain" sucks, especially when it doesn't have to hurt and you can enjoy the workout.

At my highest (3 months ago) I weighed 207lbs. I am currently 190 and am looking to take off a bit more. I moved my weight bench away from the kids bedrooms and really need to start getting back into lifting again. So as of right now, I'm not terribly in shape, but I'm working on that.

I'm getting there, but still have a way to go. 5' 11" at 230 lbs. I have a decent amount of muscle mass but still have enough fat to keep me motivated for a long time... It's tough, but it's getting better. Huge results after about 10 weeks.

I am pretty skinny, I try to put on weight but its not happening, I am 6'2" and 140lbs, thats 10 stone dead, not sure what that is in kg. I have much better upperbody strength since i got a pull-up bar, my lower body strength is very good allowing me to run pretty quick thanks to a decent power:weight ratio. Like i said before I have the problem of a very fast metabolism, its very hard to bulk up for me.

I have the problem of a very fast metabolism, its very hard to bulk up for me.

For now you do, but you're also only 16. Wait 10 years and see where you're at. When I was 16 I was 142 @ 5'-8". Ten years later I clocked in at a nice, somewhat cut 185. Weight lifting and eating high protein food (I don't even want to know how much chicken I went through :lol: ) will help put on some weight.

I'm pretty thin, underweight but that's down to health troubles apparently, I don't have much physical strength but I am pretty pacey and agile and I can last a good 90 minutes of football without too much bother so...I'm in all right shape but could be a lot better

I just jogged one lap around my block and i feel like i'm going to die. I haven't done that in a good while :boggled:

Im 5'8" and 200lbs

Atleast i can now do 135 3 times and 115 15 times on the bench press

How in shape am I?
Well, let's just say that heart palpitations make me wonder if I'm going to die!!:scared: lol

Me?
Judging from the fact I was in Iraq for a good 7 months (no time for cardio) and just ran a Marine PFT before we had leave (vacation), I ran a 19 minute 3 mile.... I'd say pretty decent shape, not in good enough shape to MY standards, but decent shape, and since I've been back I've been running 4.5 miles and running on a treadmill for 20 mins burning 315 calories. I would alternate those 2 and on days I'm running on a treadmill, I do bi's/back tri's/chest and alternate those 2 also.

I have a little 4 pack going on... working on it... lol; My arms could be better, but my back muscles are pretty tight... My legs are solid from skiing in the winter and bmx in the summer, so i'm not bad, but still so not happy...

Round is a shape... :grumpy:
Indeed. :(

lol

I'm still clocked in @ 6'2.5, and weigh 325ish, and I'm nowhere near what I wanna be. I lack motivation and self discepline, so's it's hard to even attempt to go running.

My ideal weight is 250. I got a big frame, and I've got some decent muscle mass in my arms & chest...

I got a 6-pack too, but it's behind the keg. :crazy:

Most of my strength is in my lower body. I put that mostly down to my parent's Facism-like bike riding system when I was younger.

Oh-so-true. Though I'm 1.85 @ 62KG, which is less than the minimum...

Shapewise, not too bad. 4km on a bike without gears, up a hill, every two days for work means a solid workout... Found that out last week after running 3kms straight after not doing any running for months.

5'3, 125 Lbs, nearly 13, Things not so well. I can't do more that 5 push-ups without rest, but I can ride 5 miles uphill at a 7% grade. No upper body strength, although I can Sparta kick someone across a room. I have about 10 lbs of fat on me. Luckily, I have quite a bit of muscle beneath it.

5'6, 137 pounds. However, I ran 12km in 1.1 hours nonstop (I think it's supposed to be some sort of benchmark), and I am actually rather fit. My last stats were 37 pushups, 38 sit-ups, 10-12 chinups...

Sports are the only thing that keep me in shape for the winter, though.

I am in pretty good shape. I am 17 in March, I am 5'10" 175lbs, I play alot of sports but never really work out, I am not overweight at all but I eat a ton of food, I guess you could say I am just about perfect.

I'm still trying to get rid of that beer gut, I've changed my diet so I'm not eating as much fatty stuff and I'm working out a little but it's not budging. No matter what I try (barring catching the flu) my weight is the same, I'm eating better and doing more exercise but my weight stays put like a stubborn git. I should try to catch the flu again, I lost over 1 stone in a fortnight :lol:.

When I was your age I was eating anything I wanted and I was always around the 11-11 1/2 stone mark. As soon as I hit 22 that all stopped. Enjoy it while you can mate, enjoy it while you can.

From the picture I posted in the music forum, you can tell that I'm not fat. I'm not even chubby. Most people assume that I'm in great shape by looking at me. I'm at a good weight for my height. Problem is, I've got very little muscle mass because I never work out. So I'm not bad to look at, but I could use some work to get muscle tone. I think quite a few people out there are in the same boat with me.

5'3, 125 Lbs, nearly 13, Things not so well. I can't do more that 5 push-ups without rest, but I can ride 5 miles uphill at a 7% grade. No upper body strength, although I can Sparta kick someone across a room. I have about 10 lbs of fat on me. Luckily, I have quite a bit of muscle beneath it.

I bet I can 540 triple kick you before you decide how to spell Sparta Kick...
2nd degree black

Back