how long does it take?

• Thread starter Tee-Jay
  • 27 comments
how long have you been playing TT, whats your % complete....and how would you rae the game out of 10?

hope its not to many questions :)

i dont think its too many questions, but this thread will be changing alot. people will play the game for a day and come back and post again. but what the heck

ive had the game since its release the 4th (or 5th in reality). im 50% done and i would rate it at least a 9/10.

i think the game, although alot of it was taken from GT4, is a huge step. they nailed the physics of a real bike, got the graphics down to a T - which is what PD is best at. im more than happy i bought TT. i will most definately buy any TT that gets released in the future

I have been playing about 3 days now with almost 60% done. It's a solid game, I give it an 8/10. Once you get into the racing machines the physics get flakey but the street bikes are a blast. The graphics are mostly good but it has the same problem GT4 had with the funky interlacing issue, but that's not really a surprise considering it's using the GT4 engine. I just wish they would have fixed that.
I would also love to see a TT2, I just hope they focus more on the actual racing instead of stupid **** like oil and milage. No Polyphony, I really DON'T want to sit here for 30 seconds watching some overpaid and underworked grease monkey virtual turtle-wax my car and change my virtual oil for $100. I can't imagine nobody had the balls to tell them how much that sucked during GT3 beta, and then they made it even more irritating and time consuming for GT4.

Would also love to see better (harder) AI, but I doubt that will happen considering it's always been GT's weakest point.

Edit:
While I'm thinking about it, I'd like to add something else that I don't want to see in TT2. That whole progress bar when you buy a part and stick it on is really dumb, just add the part and let me get on with the game because it's really unnecessary to attempt giving me some small feeling of satisfaction that my car is being "upgraded." It really starts to lose the effect after umpteen million times.

I've had it since April 5, I'm slightly past 50%, and I'd give it a 8/10. It's not perfect - the AI is too weak, the game places too much emphasis on the rear brake, etc --but I think it's a great result for a first effort that had to be completed within a few months.

Bought it the day it came out and I'm at 93.6% or so, beat all of the challanges, working on the world competition thingy, 2 races done.

Odd, really...I have school MWF 8-12, then work MWF 2-9:30+Thursday 9-6+Saturday 9-5. Even with all that going on, I've still managed to, well, beat the game pretty easily.

I'd rate the game 9/10, though for TTII I hope they can make it longer...more races, more things to do. Seemed a little short to me.

Not so much small as the AI is stupid. It's got plenty of tracks and bikes to keep you busy, but as far as the official races go there's 23 sections of 3-5 races each. The AI rides like a ton of bricks so if you're already familiar with bikes, or more specifically bike games, there really isn't much challenge from the game directly. Once you get past the initial learning curve even a novice player should be able to get around 50% completion in about a normal week of playing if all he does is run the game events.

That's not to say the only fun comes from completion percentage. As Jedi said he's had the game since release and hasn't completed 10% but he's having fun just running the courses.

fair enough....i carnt wait till i get my copy......

im starting to think that im reading so much about it, and thinking about the game so much, that when i get it, ill be like.....'so this i sit?....how boring'......but oh well....its all good....it doesnt sound boring......just cant wait to tackle the ring!!

From memory, it took me around seven calendar days to reach 100%, and as I had work to contend with, I spent some very late nights going through the motions in order to compile lists and to be the first to reach 100%. I now play sparingly- mostly arcade mode time trials, as I prefer the rotating bike selection screen. I’m certainly a fan of the game, though TT unsurprisingly requires a few years of development to be able to compete with GT4 on N tyres.

Edit: pic
samberto1004ej.jpg

I got the game the day after it came out, I think it was Thursday, as I waited to buy it from BestBuy to save $5 over EBgames. We only have 1 tv between my parents and I and I work 9-5 everyday so I don't have a lot of time to play, but I'm at around 90% completion now. I have the 250cc race, the tt world championship, the special machines series to complete in full, and I have to go back and win the 125cc race at Motegi (I finished 2nd there when I ran that series the first time).

And I need to gold 9 S licenses and the final N license.

So, I'd say I've got roughly another week or so before I'm at 100% depending on the license difficulty, I've got all silvers now and I know I was only a few tics off gold in some, but others I've gotta shave nearly 2 seconds off my lap times.

Tee-Jay
is it a necesity (spelling?!?!) to get all golds on all of the licenses to get 100% completition of the game??
Nope, but most folk should have little difficulty with the Golds. :)

I have had the game since the 15th and have played probably 20+ hours and am 54.7% complete. I have all the licenses, but spend alot of time running time trials arround the courses that we don't get much challenge on with street bikes as I feel these are the really challenging and best feel bikes in the game. I am huge into the GT series and am missing the family cup races from GT4 in TT. I want to be able to run against our limit of 3 other bikes on the european courses. I feel that the most fun comes with beating your saved replays from bike to bike at this point.

I've had the game since the 5th April - got 100% on Monday and all gold on the 4 licences so thats 13 days I guess - played it most days for 2-6 hours. The licence tests seemed easier than GT4, only a few tries to get Gold on most of them except a couple of the Expert licences. I found golding the Super licence fairly straight forward after doing many laps finishing the races and challenges.

One downside is that they concentrated on a few tracks for the events and challenges - got a bit bored of going round Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Tsukuba, Motegi, Suzuka. The challenges were easy except for the well documented TZ250 challenge -thats the only one I had to work at.

Its an excellent game and it was fun learning the bike line around the tracks I'm so familiar with from GT4. My first trip out on the 'Ring was an eye opener! That thing is bumpy on a bike!

Even though I'm at 100% I feel like the game is only just starting as I want to take lots of the bikes out in time trial mode and repeat some of the events with less powerful bikes. I'd say its more fun than GT4 - getting a good lap in TT feels more rewarding then on GT4.

The really good thing for me was learning about some of the older bikes and different styles - was focused on superbikes before but seeing the speed triple, brutale, Z1000 etc. gave me a new interest in "naked" bikes - shame the Ducati Monster didn't make it in. Loved riding the 80's two and four strokes too - they handle so well. Actually enjoyed choosing which gear my rider could wear and got a real laugh out of seeing my 6'4" rider on a 125cc bike.

Would have liked some longer races with pit stops for tires and gas and I'd love to see an event simulator where you pick number of laps, track and opponents bikes once you've got 100% complete. Also would have liked more races for street bikes.

Obviously more bikes and opponents would have been nice but I'll probably get Moto GP 4 when it eventually comes out in Canada. Would have liked some more race modified superbikes from the World Superbike/Supersport, British Superbike and AMA Superbike fields but you can't get everything from the first release of a game. Fingers crossed for TT2 on PS3!

Thats my 2 cents

Pilot

im like 4% into the game .I know I have a life and a demanding job.So i don't get to play as much as i want to :(but ever since i switched to pro mode i love it 10/10! :)

Well I have not bought the game yet -- looking forward to playing. Glad everyone has such great things to say. do you have any good recommendations for a newbie?

I bought the game about 4 or five days after it came out. I'm now 100%, all golds, and I own all 251 bikes. I'd rate it 7 out of 10.

BMWteamPTG
...they nailed the physics of a real bike, got the graphics down to a T - which is what PD is best at...

I somewhat agree because the physics are top notch. I only partially disagree because I find that TT has a sort of stability management in that unless you're really trying or go offtrack, crashing is pretty darn hard to do.

There's none of this understeer nonsense on a real bike, like that which you find in TT when you push too hard sometimes. If you go past the limit(especially on the front wheel), you're off unless you can somehow pull it back together, which rarely happens if you don't catch it right away or get lucky. Not to mention you don't quite get the "OH ****" factor when you've nearly been killed :)

luftrofl
I somewhat agree because the physics are top notch. I only partially disagree because I find that TT has a sort of stability management in that unless you're really trying or go offtrack, crashing is pretty darn hard to do.

There's none of this understeer nonsense on a real bike, like that which you find in TT when you push too hard sometimes. If you go past the limit(especially on the front wheel), you're off unless you can somehow pull it back together, which rarely happens if you don't catch it right away or get lucky. Not to mention you don't quite get the "OH ****" factor when you've nearly been killed :)

No understeer on a real bike?

Havent you heard the term 'pushing' through a corner? Its when a racer goes into a corner very fast, and overloads the front tire, and it slides (pushes).. and he runs wide if he isnt carefull.

Bikes understeer just fine, its just not normally a problem untill your at the limit of traction.

luftrofl
...I find that TT has a sort of stability management in that unless you're really trying or go offtrack, crashing is pretty darn hard to do.

Have you tried riding a really fast bike at the 'Ring?

I spent about 2 hours last night trying to get a clean fast lap of the 'Ring on the Honda CBR1000RRW 8H bike. I had a whole bunch of spectacular crashes, and a handful (but only a handful) of amazing saves.

And like you said, once the bike goes off the straight and narrow, you can rarely pull it back together without a little bit of luck.

martialstax
I bought the game about 4 or five days after it came out. I'm now 100%, all golds, and I own all 251 bikes. I'd rate it 7 out of 10.

Wow that is awesome! I just started yesterday and no where near there :) How many hours do you play a day? I have a ways to go but definitely enjoying myself :)

I bought it April 28 and played it the 29th. I screw around alot with it having fun... I spend a few hours a day playing it since I've got it.

License: 1/9/20
acq gear: 71
17 bikes
8.7% done.

I like it, okay enough. I'm 39 and a bit old for gaming all the time, but it's my time. I've been riding for nearly 32 years and have a good understanding of 2 wheel physics.

-I dont like the the limits of the adhesion here. Turning the bike with the rear tire is technique I used for years and isnt hard to do... in hte game, I can get a tire to spin up, but rotation is weak.
-IF you change lines so roughly that the bike's front washes out, you done... in the game, you get to adjust your line anyway.
-crank your bike over to full tilt and run full throttle... see what happens. In the game, your line widens, in real life the bike will disappear under you.
-I've noticed that if I wack the bike really hard to the right, hard enough to abruptly throw sparks, the bike holds it's line anyway... If you high center your bike in real life that hard you'll lift a tire and get to pick gravel out of your palms.

EA sports put out a game called World Superbike Championship. There were a few editions afterwards, but the 3rd sort of sucked... I like the first edition alot. THe physics were abit more realistic (to me) than this.

I just so happen to know most of these tracks pretty well from playing GT4 forever so the lerrning curve lets me focus on the bikes only.

I'd give this game an 8 out of 10 regardless of my negatives... but I really like this game. The graphics are pretty nice as is the bike selection.

dear mr Lightfighter: go to the options menu, go to Controllers, go to Pro Mode: 1P, select "Pro"

i think you will find the physics get much more realistic when you do this. especially when you apply too much throttle under full lean (with a powerful enough bike)

Lightfighter
I've been riding for nearly 32 years and have a good understanding of 2 wheel physics.

We're the old men of this board. I'm 43 and I've been riding for 25 years. My dad got rid of the dirt bikes he and my brother rode in the 70s before I was old enough to ride them, so I had to wait until I was out of the house, in the Air Force and making my own money before I could buy my own bike.

997 gt-3
dear mr Lightfighter: go to the options menu, go to Controllers, go to Pro Mode: 1P, select "Pro"

i think you will find the physics get much more realistic when you do this. especially when you apply too much throttle under full lean (with a powerful enough bike)

/me old fingers dont have the dexterity, lol. I tried it... trying to brake with two seperate buttons, and turning... and then there's those turns you want to keep the tuck going... ugh.

I put my controls on semi pro. I can do endos and wheelie now and both brakes work at the same time when I hit the square.

It would be nice if TCS was a function we could toggle without having to go full pro set up.

I had it since 4/5/06. I'm 47.5% with 72 bikes and 106 riding gear.

I'm very pleased with the control of the bikes how many there are, and it a great learn tool for me since I didn't know much about bikes.

Although I don't like that they used Tsukuba, Motegi Road Course, Suzuka and Autumn Ring in all most every event race but they didn't use Cote d'Azur, Hong Kong, El Capitan, Seattle, Seoul Central or Nurburgring in any of the race events in Tourist Trophy mode. You can only practice or race them with other bikes in Arcade mode only. I can understand Nurburgring one fall and you might as well restart the race, but the others just don't make since.

I hope they will even out the track selection in the event races in the next game.

Would give it 8.5/10.👍 I can't wait until the next game comes out.

Back